[Spoiler Alert] Atlas Hint Sound

in Lore

Posted by: Ricardo.5489

Ricardo.5489

After a while i finally got all 9 parts into the library.And…

…that sound file is awesome. It obviously looks like a fight… and maybe a roar and some rocks falling… Maybe a dragon awakening? Or just a simple airship landing or sending some rockets? Maybe the giant drill departing? Who knows… Im excited at least!

(edited by Ricardo.5489)

in Lore

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

What and Where are the 2 spots right below the main video?

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

in Lore

Posted by: Ricardo.5489

Ricardo.5489

A few pics contain a link to a website that provides u the hidden coords.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

A few pics contain a link to a website that provides u the hidden coords.

I’ve looked at all pics, no “hidden coordinates” led to this supposed sound file for me. In fact, one of the two links gave me coordinates to Edge of the Mists pictures, which were unlocked from the get go…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

The three known hidden points are the following:

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It was the middle one that I didn’t have – wasn’t in the image-linked articles either.

Anyways, sounds like a jet passing by and something landing to me. Assault Knight sound effect is my guess.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

Yeah, whatever it is, it’s not what I expected. Potential for this has been wasted.

in Lore

Posted by: Callum Walker.3249

Callum Walker.3249

16302,14427 = The cord for the 9th one btw.

Server: Aurora Glade [EU]
Characters: Ester Daemond – 80 – Thief
Lyssa Daemond – 50 – Elementalist

in Lore

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Firstly how you get coordinates for that one “16302,14427”?
Secondly if the big reveal of Atlas is Assault Knight’s jetpack it is big letdown. It was harder to find it and if that’s all I’m starting to fear for grand finale. Anyway fingers crossed.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Firstly how you get coordinates for that one “16302,14427”?
Secondly if the big reveal of Atlas is Assault Knight’s jetpack it is big letdown. It was harder to find it and if that’s all I’m starting to fear for grand finale. Anyway fingers crossed.

That coordinate has just been distributed by people – I doubled checked every single other point on the map and none of them have a link that contains those coordinates. Which is a bit silly…

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It also spoils the fact that Magnus loses his left eye in the battle (not just temporary blindness like some have thought). But yeah, the atlas is a pretty big let down.

I think there’s 5 different images used for “Scarlet attacks/ed Lion’s Arch with a big kitten drill!” Seriously… couldn’t have been more imaginative?

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

It also unfortunately fails to do what I -think- it’s purpose is – to inform players what has happened thus far in the living story. Putting the previous trailers and a couple of screenshots/concept art in one place doesn’t tell players what actually happened, at least not in any useful way.

I applaud the idea, but it seems very hastily thrown together. The interface itself is great, but it’s an Atlas, they could have tried to include some more useful information in there and made some kind of effort to retell the living story thus far. Even 1 paragraph per LS release would have gone a long way.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Indeed. For example, this is a good thing they included, but this is utterly pointless, and this is a complete lack of context.

A third of these feel pointless, a third feel incomplete, and a third feel decent or good examples of what do to.

But it is nice that they included who did what artwork.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

But even with the Azurite bit – as someone who missed that particular release – what is Azurite? Why did the Molten Alliance want it farmed? etc. (I’m not legit asking these questions, just pointing out that people who didn’t experience the content aren’t getting their questions answered by the Atlas).

I feel like it really wouldn’t have been that difficult to write up a little summary of each release/what happened in each map. It’s getting to the point where you have to question what exactly they hire their writers for because we don’t see an awful lot of writing.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I said good thing, not well done. :P

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Reposted from the Living Story Discussion thread:

I find the concept of the Atlas interesting. As a place where we can find artwork, trailers etc., it’s useful and even fun.

However, I think it’s still rather messy when it comes to catching up players on what’s happened with the Living Story. The tags on the map have no chronological order and don’t really explain to the player what happened in a wider context.

The Atlas might work better if it was structured as follows:

1. Put a menu on the right/left hand side of the map, with each of the different Living Story chapters as a separate tab.

2. Clicking on a specific tab will display icons on the main map relevant to that Living Story chapter, along with a link to a narrative explanation for the events in the chapter.

3. Each icon is numbered so players can click on each one in sequence.

This should allow players to see what happened when and where.

I still want a “Historian” NPC that lets players replay past LS instances though.

in Lore

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

^— This has been one of the very best suggestions to date.

Sylvari for life. <3

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I would prefer for the living world storylines to be implemented as a continuation of the personal story, personally.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

It also spoils the fact that Magnus loses his left eye in the battle (not just temporary blindness like some have thought). But yeah, the atlas is a pretty big let down.

I think there’s 5 different images used for “Scarlet attacks/ed Lion’s Arch with a big kitten drill!” Seriously… couldn’t have been more imaginative?

I agree the Atlas was underwhelming to say the least, but the eye patch and the mini were available a week ago so we all knew he was going to lose an eye soon anyway.

Also, there is an image of Kasmeer, Marjory, Rox and Braham inside Scarlet’s ship. It says they played an important part in defeating Scarlet (yawn). What is interesting is that it seems to show them after they’ve taken on Scarlet. Kasmeer and Marjory both live. I didn’t think it was likely they would die, but I think the speculators can rest easy now.

(edited by awesomesauce.5980)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Unless it’s a picture from before they confront Scarlet in the finale, but all four confront her. :P

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Virck.2153

Virck.2153

This whole development of the atlas so far has been everything that DEFIES business practices, love it? SURE! hate it? OH YES! I’m torn, I can’t bring myself to enjoy something that has no structure.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

This whole development of the atlas so far has been everything that DEFIES business practices, love it? SURE! hate it? OH YES! I’m torn, I can’t bring myself to enjoy something that has no structure.

Definitely could use some improvement. Perhaps a time-line with a slider, allowing us to see which events popped up when? Or see how events are connected.

It has a lot of potential, but to achieve that would also require a lot of work.