[Spoiler] Discontinuity From Orr? [Spoiler]

in Lore

Posted by: Ivan.3401

Ivan.3401

So, playing through the main personal story Trahearne places Caladbolg in the artesian waters to purify Orr, yet in the HoT story we get an item that is a broken Caladbolg. So are we safe to assume that Orr is purified? Since Trahearne said he did need to leave it behind until the place was purified iirc.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Don’t see how this is a discontinuity. We saw him wielding Caladbolg in S2, and even then 2 years had passed since the fight with Zhaitan.

Edit: And the Orr maps are stuck in time to before Zhaitan’s death, so it wouldn’t show.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Ivan.3401

Ivan.3401

Don’t see how this is a discontinuity. We saw him wielding Caladbolg in S2, and even then 2 years had passed since the fight with Zhaitan.

Edit: And the Orr maps are stuck in time to before Zhaitan’s death, so it wouldn’t show.

Well I know that they are stuck in time, but since he was wielding Caladbolg in S2, does that mean that Orr is fully cleansed lore-wise? Because we have been given no snippets on how Orr is doing since we have defeated Zhaitan so I was just wondering.

in Lore

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

Lore-wise I think Orr is mostly done being cleansed, with remaining undead being mopped up by the pact. We haven’t really had anything indicating otherwise, that I know of.

in Lore

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Slightly off topic, I hope we get to repair Caladbolg and use it as GS skin :P

in Lore

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Slightly off topic, I hope we get to repair Caladbolg and use it as GS skin :P

New legendary weapon hype?

in Lore

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

If I remember correctly they did mention in some thread that Mordremoths vines actually spread to Orr as well. So lore-wise his vines are now there. Or were… considering the ending of the HoT story.

Some people actually speculated that by cleansing Orr we allowed Mordremoth instantly to take it. Cause in the cinematic where Trahearne cleanses Orr we see vines coming out of the well. Mordremoths vines?

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well I know that they are stuck in time, but since he was wielding Caladbolg in S2, does that mean that Orr is fully cleansed lore-wise? Because we have been given no snippets on how Orr is doing since we have defeated Zhaitan so I was just wondering.

You’re assuming that the sword had to stay there until Orr was cleansed. Maybe it’s like a lock and key, the key doesn’t have to be in the lock for the lock to be unlocked.

If I remember correctly they did mention in some thread that Mordremoths vines actually spread to Orr as well. So lore-wise his vines are now there. Or were… considering the ending of the HoT story.

Some people actually speculated that by cleansing Orr we allowed Mordremoth instantly to take it. Cause in the cinematic where Trahearne cleanses Orr we see vines coming out of the well. Mordremoths vines?

I think that was all merely speculation though.