(Spoiler) HoT: Unsorted Discussions

in Lore

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

I just want to tell Arenanet that GW2 used to be my favorite game. Not only among MMOs, btw. It was so interesting and beautiful and the plot was so great, I couldn’t stop playing. But then I paid 50$ for Heart of Thorns expecting a lot of fun and adventures. I don’t know if I want my money back or pay you more for fixing one thing that is very important for me.
Trahearne's fateYou know, I can take Eir’s death. But what you did to Trahearne (who was my very special, my favorite character *EVER*)… I was hoping all that time that you, who claimed that he was your favorite character too, let us save him. Why not? You didn’t kill Marjory because people liked her! Why is Trahearne any different? There’re a lot of people who like him. _I_ love him to death. He was my only reason to buy HoT. Please, don’t tell me “he died hero” or anything of this bullkitten. I don’t need this “adventure”. I don’t need that stupid sword! I just want my favorite salad to be okay. But no, you didn’t even give him a chance like Logan and Zojja. In the end I paid 50$ for my ruined mental health (I can’t stop crying for 2 days) and I’m not sure if I ever play your game again. I don’t want to. I don’t need it. It hurts too much. There were times when this game helped me to beat my depression, but this time it caused it. You know what’s funny? You’ve changed names of stupid dyes because some people weren’t happy about them, but I’m sure you’re not going to give Trahearne a second chance because of people who genuine like him. You always were known as developers who listened to your players, but this time it seems you’ve been listening only that part of fandom who wanted to kill Trahearne for the kitten sword. Well done. Thank you so much. I literally hate you for that.

At the risk of stepping over the line, I don’t think your anger is warranted towards ANet.

Your feelings are passionate and sincere, and I realize that perhaps you let your personal life get somewhat entwined with the GW2 narrative. But I don’t think you can lay blame at the feet of the writers for “killing off” your favorite character. A story, especially a fictional one, shouldn’t be expected to cater to individual preferences. It stands on its own merits, for better or for worse, and whatever course it takes is entirely on the shoulders of the author(s). Not to say you can’t disagree with it, of course you can. But to blame them for any personal anguish is probably crossing the line. Please try and understand that.

If you were simply trolling, bravo…you fooled me. But this is your only post you’ve ever made. And your angst seemed genuine.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Lore

Posted by: Ginora.8976

Ginora.8976

At the risk of stepping over the line, I don’t think your anger is warranted towards ANet.

Your feelings are passionate and sincere, and I realize that perhaps you let your personal life get somewhat entwined with the GW2 narrative. But I don’t think you can lay blame at the feet of the writers for “killing off” your favorite character. A story, especially a fictional one, shouldn’t be expected to cater to individual preferences. It stands on its own merits, for better or for worse, and whatever course it takes is entirely on the shoulders of the author(s). Not to say you can’t disagree with it, of course you can. But to blame them for any personal anguish is probably crossing the line. Please try and understand that.

If you were simply trolling, bravo…you fooled me. But this is your only post you’ve ever made. And your angst seemed genuine.

No, I wasn’t trolling at all, and I don’t think it is wise to suspect a person of trolling only because they disagree with the devs or are upset about something.

Also, please, don’t try to psychoanalyze me, I will appreciate it very much, thank you. The game has nothing to do with my personal life, though it was an important part of it for almost a year. Yes, I really loved its story and characters, it inspired me greatly, so, yes, maybe I was a little bit overemotional in my initial post, but I’m not inclined to apologize for it.
I understand completely, that my despair and anger are my own business. Sure, I’m still very tired, sad and disappointed, but all that doesn’t matter. But I don’t see why I can’t blame the writers for the poor writing, for the cheap plot twist. The story didn’t write itself, you know, and it’s entirely on their shoulders, just like you said.
So I don’t blame the writers for my ‘personal anguish’, or my hurt feelings, just for the lazy writing, because yes, that was a ’killing off’.
Same story with Eir, by the way. Both Trahearne and Eir appeared just once for the whole expansion, only to die dramatically and pointlessly, while there was so much potential for their development.

I suppose, I would have been mostly okay…ish with their deaths (though it would have been still incredibly sad and devastating, especially Trahearne’s death, since he is one of my favorite characters ever), were they properly written and justified. But they were not.
I’m also not okay with some other things in the story, but this particular part just makes me really, really mad and depressed at the same time.

That’s all my personal opinion, of course, and you don’t have to defend the writers. If you are happy with the story – good for you, lucky person, but I am not.

(edited by Ginora.8976)

in Lore

Obsidian.1328

Ginora

Well, that’s the first time someone’s accused me of being happy with the story lol.

I’m not trying to psychoanalyze you. I’m merely pointing out that I don’t think it’s okay for you to blame ANet writers, even partially so, for your mental state…which you kind of did. Being critical of someone else’s work is perfectly fine, lord knows I’ve done that enough in here. But to hold someone accountable for your pain and anguish is quite another.

And sorry for asking if you were trolling. I honestly didn’t know anyone liked Trahearne, that’s why I asked. :-/

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Lore

Ginora.8976

Obsidian

Oh, I wasn’t accusing you! All I meant was it’s okay to love the story, and I’m glad for you if you do, but I have the right to have my own opinion and to not be happy about it, or, at least, about some parts of it.

Once again, I’m not sad because of the fact of two main characters’ deaths. I’m sad about how they were written. The emotional response from my side was definitely not the one the writers were hoping to recieve from their fans. It was icredibly unsatisfying and disappointing, but that’s just my opinion and I’m not going to repeat myself over and over again.
There are plenty of people really enjoing the expansion and I just wish I could be one of them. But I can’t, at least for now. Hope you’ll exuse me for not wanting to continue this discussion, but it’ll be better for me to distance myself from anything related to the game for some time.

And sorry for asking if you were trolling. I honestly didn’t know anyone liked Trahearne, that’s why I asked. :-/

It’s fine, though you’d be surprised. There are actually a lot of people there, who really like Trahearne and are also not so happy about his fate. But I guess, these people were playing the game peacefully and had nothing to whine about on the forums, unlike the haters, who just wanted Caladbolg for themselves and were crying constantly about a character ‘stealing their credit’ somehow and how they wanted to kill him personally… Well, the whine was heard and now they can have it all. Hope they are happy now.

(edited by Ginora.8976)

in Lore

Posted by: Spehornoob.1375

Spehornoob.1375

Was there any narrative or thematic reason for the decision to to end the expansion storyline right at Trahearne's death?

I really loved the personal story in general this go round, but the one thing I would have liked to see is a short epilogue. There were some really great character arcs, and I would have loved to have had a scene at the end in which the characters take stock of the victory, and the cost of that victory. Just a personal thing I would have liked to have seen!

Congratulations to the narrative team on the massive improvement between the vanilla personal story and the expansion. It’s a night and day difference and I’m sure you guys will only continue to get better.

in Lore

Posted by: eNeRgOo.5463

eNeRgOo.5463

I am so disappointed and confused to the level I’ve never been on :<
First of all sorry for my english, it’s not my native and I can do some bugs down there.
Let’s start:
1. Eir – In my opinion her fate and the whole idea like she has to die is okay with me. It is a great explanation of Braham’s change and Dragon Hunter spec, isnt it? Okies, so I completely understand that we are in the jungle, everything is possible, everything is lethal here and even great heroes can quickly die, but please… getting stabbed? Strong ranger who fought dragons, survived many things and was always kitten <according to stories of my norn player friends> is just stabbed and dies? Really?

2. Zojja/Logan – I don’t know really what happened there. I choose to save Zojja, because there was that thought in my mind that she’s going to help Taimi in the Rata Novus, and then I saw what happened to Logan. Another death which is okay with me. It is like ‘oh no, we were too late’, it happens even in the real life. I think this point of story is made well. Now keep in mind that some players choose to save Logan and kill Zojja, so how the future story is going to be like? For my character who saved Zojja, well she could help on Taimi’s research so it’s okay, but for Logan saviors?

3. Trehearne – Sorry guys, but this one is completely out of my mind. Why would you do that? Because people disliked him? Fook them! There were plenty of people who loved him, and I was calling him my friend because we beat Zhaitan’s kitten together and I helped him with his Wyld Hunt… I wanted to kick another dragon’s kitten with him but noooo! Guys, you just cannot kill hereos because some people dislike them…

4. Malyck – Where is he? What happened to him? Yes, some players still do care about it. I want to know his fate… I hope it will be revealed in the HoT living story…

At the end I just want to write a scenario of HoT I had in my mind before it came out:
So there was that Harbinger of Mordremoth costume in gemstore. I was like ‘kitten Malyck is going to be some kitten boss of Mordy’ (because they called him Harbinger) and also I was thinking that maybe we’ll finally meet the other tree sylvaris, and I wasn’t sure if they are going to help us and fight mordy or they’re going to fight with us as its servants. I thought that Caithe is going to save the egg to the city herself, because my character believed in her when everybody did not, and in HoT I got completely different thing which I didn’t like. In previous living story events we could actually choose if we trust her or not, and in HoT we got no option. Why?!
And kitten I was thinking that I am going to meet other pale tree and after that we’re gonna slap the booty of mordy with my bro Trehearne, but otherwise I got confusions and disappointments.
I actually felt like the whole HoT story has been made up just too fast, without any constructive thinking, weird ideas, new stories and the most important one imagination… Previous stories used to be like that… guys… what happened?

in Lore

Posted by: PseudoNewb.5468

PseudoNewb.5468

This is the first story where it actually feels like the pact commander is giving out the orders, choosing parties, etc. That’s great. I firmly believe that the complaints about other people that take the player character’s credit is certainly false. But I have the alternate believe that too much of the previous stories had other character’s holding the hand of the pact commander, leading them around. This story puts the pact commander in charge. Only thing I would have added, was that when brahm calls you commander commenting that it is the player’s rank, the player should be allowed to give brahm a smack to the head and tell everybody to never call you “boss” again. Well.. except taimi, because well, she’s cute enough to pull it off.

One thing that seems to disappoint me is that, there doesn’t seem to be any ambiguity to whether any sylvari are working for mordremoth. In some of the pre-launch lore discussion the idea that mordremoth can creep into the minds of sylvari and subtly affect their mind is thrown around. In the story, there are those who try to kill you on sight and there are sylvari that seem all but immune to his influence.

Even with Trahearn at the end. Trahearn goes from, I still have control of what I am saying, and instantly flips to, I am totally mordremoth incarnate so you have permission to kill me. I would have expected trahearn to go “wait, never mind I feel fine” when mordremoth overcomes him and have the commander go through a tense moment trying to read what is going on.

Did caithe take the egg due to prodding form mordremoth? Nah, it is explained off with being overzealous in her wild hunt.

Even canach is like, my resolve only gets stronger as we get closer and closer to mordremoth.

Most of the tension with the sylvari, is simply I don’t trust your, you can totally trust me! Or, oh well I guess we need someone to babysit you! It just seems to simplistic.

It seems that mordremoth’s one and only mind trick is to torment his opponents into submission. Which is kinda sad for an elder dragon of mind. To only have one methods of assault.

But speaking of which, little thing… WTF did mordremoth torment zojja with? If you rescue her in consciousnesses, she asks about and receives an answer about taimi three full times before coming to her senses…

in Lore

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

Now I have to throw in a question here, as I spoiled myself a bit and have seen some of the reaction on the forums (btw. I havent finished yet, I am mostly worried):

The story overall feels rushed and short with no real ending (by that, it is said that it just stopps and has no epilog)

Do you think this is the right way to handle the story? leaving the rest for some LS in the future?

is it good for an expansion story? Something that is supposed to be on a greater scale than the LS, meaning it should have more meat behind it.

On one hand it is great that the LS is cappable of creating epic moments and here they succeed in creating a suplement for the traditional expansion, however is it good for the expansion if it doesnt go beyond that?

I am asking because we dont know when we get the conclusion (or is there a date in the end video, i dont know) or the continuation.

The LS had a similiar problem, as it relied too much on the cliffhanger ending, leaving many of us groaning and up to this day disapointed if certain elements didnt get concluded (looking at you E).

I personaly hoped we get a well rounded story and I hope people were exagerating (though many say the story was okayish and short).
I am aware of the split perspective (open world and HoT story delivery).

Yes, it didn’t just only rely too much on the cliffhanger, most of it really got nothing to do with defeating Mordremoth.

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

It was actually quite predictable, Glint herself got smashed by Kralkatorrik, what could a dragon egg do to Mordremoth? Why did the story spend SO much effort on it since it does nearly 0 help against Mordremoth, only make some use after its death?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The fight against the Mouth of Mordremoth is no different from the fight against the Mouth of Zhaitan who is just a Dragon Champion and not Zhaitan himself. Of course it’s logical for an Elder Dragon to have it’s Mouth type Champion funnel the Magic it’s devoured into the part of the Dream where Mordremoth’s real body is located since the Mouths of Zhaitan are next to Zhaitan’s lair in Arah.

This is not true at all…

While the nature of the Mouth of Mordremoth seems to be that of a minion at first, it does seem to be a manifestation of Mordremoth’s body in Tyria.

In the final story step Trahearne says that Mordremoth’s body is too deep to kill. You can kill his body, but he’ll just regrow it. This explains the repeating nature of the open world meta event. Unlike the other Eye/Mouth/Claw of <Dragon name> creatures we fight, this is the “literal” mouth of Mordremoth.

At the end of Season 1, we see Mordremoth open his maw to consume ley lines. This is exactly what the Mouth of Mordremoth is doing. The Mouth isn’t “Mordremoth” but rather a “literal extension of Mordremoth”. A body he grows to control in the open world, to consume magic directly.

Furthermore, Mordremoth’s body is not in the Dream. His mind is in the dream. What we fight in the final story instance isn’t his body but a representation of his mind created to fight us. if you are unlucky enough to fall off the platform but lucky enough to land on one of the branches you find that beneath the platform is a brain – Mordremoth’s brain, and from that vines are like the brain stem going into the abyss below. This isn’t a literal physical brain, however, but closer to what you see during games like Psychonauts when you go into someone’s mind. You “walk on their brain” while fighting manifestations on top of it. A pretty common trope.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Imperios.2543

Imperios.2543

I wonder. [spoiler] Why killing Fattie in Mordremoth’s dream result in his physical body dying ans magic dispersing from his body? Shouldn’t he have simply become a braindead vegetable (pardon the pun) wih all the magic still in his unconscious body, or does that mean that magic in Tyria is somehow mental and stored by the mind itself?[/spoiler]

(edited by Imperios.2543)

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I wonder. [spoiler] Why killing Fattie in Mordremoth’s dream result in his physical body dying ans magic dispersing from his body? Shouldn’t he have simply become a braindead vegetable (pardon the pun) wih all the magic still in his unconscious body, or does that mean that magic in Tyria is somehow mental and stored by the mind itself?[/spoiler]

Well, there is a theory that dragon energy is at least always looking for a new host.
We dont know the true nature of it, though.
As if it has to be claimed, or if it just lashes onto the next suitable being.

That being said, havign this energy seems to come with its own laws, like having hunger for magic.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Mordremoth wasn’t made braindead. He was killed. There is a bit of a difference.

The real question is why did Mordremoth’s death result in a magical explosion along the ley lines, while Zhaitan’s didn’t.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Mordremoth wasn’t made braindead. He was killed. There is a bit of a difference.

The real question is why did Mordremoth’s death result in a magical explosion along the ley lines, while Zhaitan’s didn’t.

imagine a vacuum cleaner sucking water into a bucket of infinite size through a series of hoses.

that vacuum is the only thing keeping the water in that bucket.

as soon as the vacuum stops working, that bucket will empty back into the hoses due to the water pressure. fast.

zhaitan was eating random magical objects, discrete packets of energy (and was starving when we killed him due to how we were fighting him). mordremoth was plugged into the ley lines directly and eating MUCH more energy.

in Lore

Posted by: Gomoratoad.9867

Gomoratoad.9867

I’m extremely disappointed by Trahearne’s death. He was actually liked by many people. He was relatable and important to some of us who deal with things like depression and social awkwardness. I feel like he had a lot of potential to grow even more as a character, and I thought you were working towards that when he finally made his reappearance in the living story, but then you didn’t even let him do anything besides show up and die in the first expansion of the game. Barely any dialogue, no chance to get the revenge he wanted for the Pale Tree, just a sad ending for a character who had already suffered so much. And you didn’t just kill him, you tortured him and forced us to kill him, and I can’t help but feel like you did it at least partly to appease the crowd who wrongly accused him of “stealing their glory” in the original story. I don’t know who else was meant to be satisfied by an ending that consisted only of his death and a cliffhanger cutscene. I realize there will be more story updates in the future, but it still feels awful to just be left with no sort of closure until then.

The sad thing is, I thought the rest of the expansion was excellent. The art and music are great, new lore and events are interesting, I loved the return of character voices and old PS characters, and I enjoyed the rest of the story (minus Eir’s death, which also bothered me). I played it as a sylvari and the extra interactions between my character, Mordremoth, and Canach were a great feature. But seeing Trahearne fall to this “plot twist” (which was sadly predictable but I hoped you wouldn’t take the predictable route), after fighting so hard thinking I could save him, was so upsetting that I cannot find any desire to play at all anymore.

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Trahearn’s dead felt kinda forced/Fan service to me.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Calcifire.1864

Trahearn’s dead felt kinda forced/Fan service to me.

yeah, everything about trahearne in HoT seems to have been fanservice

“I SHOULD HAVE GOT SALADBOWL” – player gets broken caladbolg

“OMG TRAHEARNE SHOULDN’T LEAD THE PACT” – NPCs are CONSTANTLY saying how awesome you are and how you are the only one holding things together

“I WISH I COULD MURDER THAT STUPID SALAD” – wish granted

“LOLOLOL THIS WON’T END WELL” – they actually reference this in the last fight, if you haven’t chosen an order, instead of your mentor you get trahearne as your final illusion, he says “This won’t end well… FOR YOU!”

I’m fully expecting that if we go to elona, kormir will come back from the mists to help us, get corrupted by kralks, and we have to kill her too

in Lore

Ginora.8976

Okay, I got a bit better, so I can ask a couple of rhetorical questions without so much emotions and tears.

Firstly, why just killing the dragon wasn’t enough for a good ending? Was it so hard not to make a drama out of everything? What was wrong with the old good plan “1) kill the dragon 2) save a friend”? What happened in the final act didn’t feel like victory. It felt like failure. The horrible expirience I wish to escape.

This entire expansion the Commander was forced to make stupid, OOC decisions. Save their friends? No, let’s explore some ancient ruins. Jump down with a glider to save Eir from the mordrem? No, let’s just watch how it’s killing our friend. And in the end we have to kill Trahearne… Why? Doesn’t matter, just do it. And how did the Commander take his death? They. Didn’t. Even. Care. They tried to argue a little, but then just killed their friend and was off to play big bad heroes with their new team. Hey, remember, the Commander got new friends, they’re “boss” now, they’re finally in charge. So forget about DE and Trahearne. Who needs those old losers anyway (sarcasm). It may sound way too rude, but I don’t care much about Marjory and the others, I haven’t played LS1. So, who I should care about when two of my faves are dead and what is left of DE is out of picture?

Secondly, why does it look like the Commander lost their mind in the jungle? Caladbolg has cleansed Orr from dragon’s corruption, why couldn’t it cleanse a sylvari? Why couldn’t we go to the Mother Tree? We didn’t even try to save Trahearne and that’s the worst part about his death. His fans had to worry for almost a year about him and when we finally got a chance to save him, we postponed it until the very end. I’m angry and bitter and I don’t understand why it had to be that way.

Trahearne had nothing to do with Mordremoth, Caithe did! It would have made so much more sense if she was forced to steal the egg by the jungle dragon. But no. Her new Wyld Hunt just happened out of the blue with an additional lame exuse “I couldn’t trust anybody with it”. Sure. Not your guildmates from DE, not the Commander or Trahearne, not even the Pale Tree. And we’re just like “okay, whatever, I still don’t trust you and all, but let’s go”. So she’s safe and sound, while my favorite character is dead – for nothing but a cheap drama.

I’m not telling you, dear writers, to rewrite that… finale. It’s almost impossible to fix it now, I got it. But for Mother’s sake can’t we, his fans, hope for his return in the future? If sylvari can have a new Wyld Hunt, why can’t one of the most powerful beings on Tyria – The Pale Tree – bring her most loved son back? Not that I really believe you’ll make us such a gift…

As it was said before me, the music and the maps are incredible. The work of composers and designers is the only thing except Canach’s character development I genuinely enjoyed as a sylvari player. It’s like Anet actually paid people for doing their job while the writers were working for a spoon while reading haters’ posts on reddit. I know some people hated Trahearne because he “stole their glory” or because he was a necromancer with a sword… Well, I hope all these people are happy now. Caladbolg? Check. Kill Trahearne? Check. Well done indeed. Such a “great” plot.

By the way, where is Garm? What happened to the Pale Tree? To the corrupted sylvari? To the Pact? The expansion was supposed to be a huge completed story, not just a little part of LS with a cliffhanger, but here we are, left with so many unanswered questions…

This expansion could have been excellent for me. It got a potential and a great material. But instead of fun I got an episode of “Game of Thrones” I never wanted. I just wish I didn’t spend so much time and money on the game I don’t want to play. And I wish I could just say “I can ignore that stupid plot twist and play again, I love the game and I love my Commander”, but no. I can’t. Unfortunately, my interest in game is destroyed almost completely.

(edited by Ginora.8976)

in Lore

Posted by: Mike.7263

Mike.7263

Trahearne had nothing to do with Mordremoth, Caithe did! It would have made so much more sense if she was forced to steal the egg by the jungle dragon. But no. Her new Wyld Hunt just happened out of the blue with an additional lame exuse “I couldn’t trust anybody with it”. Sure. Not your guildmates from DE, not the Commander or Trahearne, not even the Pale Tree. And we’re just like “okay, whatever, I still don’t trust you and all, but let’s go”. So she’s safe and sound, while my favorite character is dead – for nothing but a cheap drama.

Caithe’s plot armor is beyond ascended. She can act as utterly unaccountable and untrustworthy as she wants, and she will never face consequences.

(edited by Mike.7263)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

zhaitan was eating random magical objects, discrete packets of energy (and was starving when we killed him due to how we were fighting him). mordremoth was plugged into the ley lines directly and eating MUCH more energy.

Zhaitan was eating the magic of Orr from the Artesian Waters that was strong enough to pull the gods’ attention while in the Mists.

He was also eating the magic in living beings and artifacts over 150 years.

Mordremoth was eating from the ley lines for about one year.

Which would feel fuller of energy?

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Calcifire.1864

Zhaitan was eating the magic of Orr from the Artesian Waters that was strong enough to pull the gods’ attention while in the Mists.

He was also eating the magic in living beings and artifacts over 150 years.

Mordremoth was eating from the ley lines for about one year.

Which would feel fuller of energy?

it depends on what the artesian waters actually IS.

we don’t actually know how much more powerful ley energy is compared to the artesian waters. for example, if the artesian waters is just a spring on top of a ley line, then it’s like comparing a rechargable battery to a power outlet, and mordremoth was consuming power from multiple ley lines (at least 3 major ones if the final cutscene is anything to go by)

in Lore

Posted by: TelvaniKsir.9180

TelvaniKsir.9180

The expansion is great!.. or it could have been great. It could and should have been really awesome. The fighting system has become more exciting with new enemies and specialisations. The glider mechanic is wonderful, thanks for the wing skins, by the way. New maps are fantastic (kinda confusing and tangly, but still), insanely beautiful and entertaining. The part with Glint’s legacy is great.
But The Drama ruins literally everything. And I didn’t put the capital letters by mistake here. The Drama is almost everywhere, it crawls from every corner of the story, it’s its main hero. And it’s absolutely unnecessary.

Eir’s death WASN’T HEROIC. It was pointless and stupid. Eir was trying to save Faolain… what? WHY? She definitely knew who Faolain was, how morally corrupted that sylvari already was, even without Mordremoth’s influence. There wasn’t any point in saving her, even Eir was not THAT kind and forgiving. So… why? And why couldn’t we just glide down to her aid, though the place was literally a few feet lower from our position?.. WHY?
Because deal with it, that’s why.

Okay, so Eir’s dead, and it’s a godkitten disgrace, but we’re moving on.
The commander has a choice: to hurry up and finally rescue their friends from the dragon or to explore some ancient asuran city, that just poped out of nowhere. Obviously, the choice is clear!.. Aaand our mighty hero is off to the frigging ruins, so, yeah, forget the Marshal and those poor kittens from DE, never liked them anyway.

Rata Novus arc was also absolutely pointless. Scryffy’s ‘death’ was pointless, The Drama of the scene was pointless. And I’m not saying that they could have ripped a segment of the pipe from the opposide wall out and inserted it into the gap, (too easy, I guess), but Scruffy’s hesitation? Taimi comforting him? Are you serious? It’s a golem, god kitten it, not a living person, and Taimi is able to build hundreds of Scruffys. But The Draaaaama of that scene, oh my god. It was so obvious and so obviously unnecessary.

Finally, we’re are going for our friends, rescuing one of them, hurrying to another… ah, no, wait. Caithe is here and we obviously have no more important things to do than chatting with her right now. Logan and Zojja are taken away, and they are not in a good state, but don’t you worry, they are… No, we won’t hear from them anymore till the very end of story. Who cares.

So here we are, finally at the end of the story. I must say, that I really liked the last fight in the Dream, even though it was very hard and heavily bugged (like, you know, flying rifts). The dragon is finally dead. Hooray? No. The Drama strikes once again.
Wtf was that twist with Trahearne? Why, WHY would you do that? Wasn’t killing Mordy through the Dream already enough? Why couldn’t Mordremoth just manifest himself in any other mordrem? Oh, and it’s getting even better, because now you can have the broken sword! Sweet.

And that’s it.
We don’t know what happened next, what happened to Mother Tree or mordrem guards – they clearly kept their personalities, so, with Mordremoth’s death, what happened to them? Nobody cares. Even the stupid egg’s hatching is just hanging there, waiting for a LS3.
There was absolutely nothing in the ending what could have made it look like victory. All the deaths were just a waste.

I could have accepted some parts of it, but not the whole picture. The Drama was there for the sake of drama and it was way too much, at least for me.
Right now GW2 only makes me highly depressed, nothing more. I don’t want to participate in Halloween’s events or do fractals, I don’t need new skins of legendaries. I don’t want to play at all. Thanks for ruining my favourite game for me.
Meh.

Attachments:

(edited by TelvaniKsir.9180)

in Lore

Posted by: KengDiEn.2056

KengDiEn.2056

Totally agreed to TelvaniKsir.9180.
Can add only one: I want a staff skin with Caithe’s head on the stick. Or her head as a backpack. That would be wondeful. Thank you for destroing my favorite game…

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Except for the commentary about the detour to Tarir, TelvaniKsir.9180’s view more or less matches mine but is a bit more… hostile sounding.

Trahearne’s death was very obviously a catering to the playerbase and their hate of Trahearne. Eir’s death and Scruffy’s over-dramaticized “death” was very obviously done solely for character development of Braham and Taimi respectively.

And is “a powerful Wyld Hunt” really the best Anet can do for Caithe’s actions? With that reasoning, it’s painfully clear that the only purpose behind Caithe’s actions was to show Wynne’s death and have the reveal of sylvari being dragon minions in such a manner. Honestly, Season 2 could have been 2 episodes shorter (imagine if it was the Shadow of the Dragon we killed, not some oversized mordrem troll, at the end of episode 6 and this marked the launch of the Pact fleet) without the disgrace that was Faolain in the flashbacks. Congratulations, ArenaNet, you made the entire story ending of Season 2 utterly stupid in retrospection. Would have been better if her reason was that the Pact Commander is “powerful but far from subtle and subtly is what’s needed to traverse enemy territory while carrying what they want” – even if that is still a poor excuse.

And can we PLEASE have character development that does not require the death of another? Let’s review Seasons 1, 2, and HoT:

• Kasmeer’s development? Caused by near-death of Marjory. Originally was going to be death of Marjory, but ArenaNet – thankfully – fixed this.
  • Marjory’s development? Caused by death of Belinda.
  • Caithe’s development? Caused by death of Wynne.
  • Braham’s development? Caused by death of Eir.
  • Taimi’s development? Caused by “death” of Scruffy.
  • Canach’s development? Caused by death/struggle of Trahearne.

That’s poor writing, ArenaNet. I don’t think we have a single case of character development since Nightfall that isn’t caused by the death of another. While a loved or hated one’s death does bring out changes in someone, it’s not the only thing that does.

Sometime next week I think I’ll write up a full review of HoT both goods and bads, but in short: the majority of things in Act 3 and Act 4 (including open world) are rather on the poor side. And this saddens me.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Ginora.8976

Caithe’s plot armor is beyond ascended. She can act as utterly unaccountable and untrustworthy as she wants, and she will never face consequences.

Yes, sounds like her. The entire fleet was destroyed because she didn’t trust anyone with the big secret of hers. Remember “Point of No Return”? “It doesn’t matter anymore. The secret will come out on its own soon enough. Already, sylvari have been losing control of themselves. Mordremoth won’t stop there.”
SHE COULD JUST HAVE TOLD TRAHEARNE OR THE COMMANDER TO STOP THE ASSAULT AND SAVE ALL THESE DEAD/CORRUPTED PEOPLE. She knew what would happen and just kept her mouth shut. Seriously?..

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

Yes, sounds like her. The entire fleet was destroyed because she didn’t trust anyone with the big secret of hers. Remember “Point of No Return”? “It doesn’t matter anymore. The secret will come out on its own soon enough. Already, sylvari have been losing control of themselves. Mordremoth won’t stop there.”
SHE COULD JUST HAVE TOLD TRAHEARNE OR THE COMMANDER TO STOP THE ASSAULT AND SAVE ALL THESE DEAD/CORRUPTED PEOPLE. She knew what would happen and just kept her mouth shut. Seriously?..

What could the egg help the fleet not get destroyed?

in Lore

Ginora.8976

Um, please, read my message again. I didn’t say a word about the egg.

in Lore

Slowpokeking.8720

Then why did you blame her for the fleet’s destruction?

in Lore

Posted by: KengDiEn.2056

KengDiEn.2056

The speech is not about egg. the secret Caithe knew is that sylvari are Mordremoth creation. If marshal know it, he’ll sent all sylvary to Grove, and nobody will hurt…

(edited by KengDiEn.2056)

in Lore

Calcifire.1864

Except for the commentary about the detour to Tarir, TelvaniKsir.9180’s view more or less matches mine but is a bit more… hostile sounding.

Trahearne’s death was very obviously a catering to the playerbase and their hate of Trahearne. Eir’s death and Scruffy’s over-dramaticized “death” was very obviously done solely for character development of Braham and Taimi respectively.

And is “a powerful Wyld Hunt” really the best Anet can do for Caithe’s actions? With that reasoning, it’s painfully clear that the only purpose behind Caithe’s actions was to show Wynne’s death and have the reveal of sylvari being dragon minions in such a manner. Honestly, Season 2 could have been 2 episodes shorter (imagine if it was the Shadow of the Dragon we killed, not some oversized mordrem troll, at the end of episode 6 and this marked the launch of the Pact fleet) without the disgrace that was Faolain in the flashbacks. Congratulations, ArenaNet, you made the entire story ending of Season 2 utterly stupid in retrospection. Would have been better if her reason was that the Pact Commander is “powerful but far from subtle and subtly is what’s needed to traverse enemy territory while carrying what they want” – even if that is still a poor excuse.

And can we PLEASE have character development that does not require the death of another? Let’s review Seasons 1, 2, and HoT:

• Kasmeer’s development? Caused by near-death of Marjory. Originally was going to be death of Marjory, but ArenaNet – thankfully – fixed this.
  • Marjory’s development? Caused by death of Belinda.
  • Caithe’s development? Caused by death of Wynne.
  • Braham’s development? Caused by death of Eir.
  • Taimi’s development? Caused by “death” of Scruffy.
  • Canach’s development? Caused by death/struggle of Trahearne.

That’s poor writing, ArenaNet. I don’t think we have a single case of character development since Nightfall that isn’t caused by the death of another. While a loved or hated one’s death does bring out changes in someone, it’s not the only thing that does.

Sometime next week I think I’ll write up a full review of HoT both goods and bads, but in short: the majority of things in Act 3 and Act 4 (including open world) are rather on the poor side. And this saddens me.

don’t forget that our character development is driven by the deaths of Tybalt/Sieran/Forgal

so of the main characters, LITERALLY EVERYONE BUT RYTLOCK has had dead-person related character development

DEATH FOR EVERYONE!

in Lore

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

In terms of the egg. The egg is more than likely groundwork for future expansions, not the immediate story.
I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the egg exists to absorb the powers of all the defeated dragons and become some super dragon that’s good and benevolent.

I think for immediate story, anything the raids conjure, or story for certain characters like Rytlock or Braham.
Taimi’s story, I think, will probably lead to another expansion.

That is assuming they follow through with any of these dangling plots, or any existing ones like E and what not.

in Lore

Ginora.8976

Okaaaay… The big secret I was referring to is not the egg, but the fact that Caithe knew for sure that the sylvari were Mordremoth’s minions and were incredibly vulnerable so far from the Grove.
She could have warned Trahearne or the Commander, but she didn’t.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

don’t forget that our character development is driven by the deaths of Tybalt/Sieran/Forgal

so of the main characters, LITERALLY EVERYONE BUT RYTLOCK has had dead-person related character development

DEATH FOR EVERYONE!

Rytlock had a dead person to further his character development. All of Destiny’s Edge did.

Snaff and Glint.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Obsidian.1328

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the egg exists to absorb the powers of all the defeated dragons and become some super dragon that’s good and benevolent.

Oh please no.

Last thing Tyria needs is some sort of GW2 equivalent of DBZ Cell.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Lore

Posted by: vanderwolf.7084

vanderwolf.7084

like someone said…everybody’s had a death or something bad happen to them so far.

Trahearne was yours.

also, I like his death, BECAUSE some people care about him.

I liked trahearne.

I had a little moment of NOOOOOOOOOO when I had to kill him.

but….yeah.

and the dragon absorbed PART of mordremoth’s power….but Tarir was designed to help hatch the egg(apparently)

so that was probably to speed along the process.

but the question is….is mordremoth actually dead?

in the story you find out he IS the jungle….he is everything there, so is it possibly we just killed a facet of him, his mind? maybe his body (the jungle) is still him in some form, or soething like that

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

The Raids aren’t even released yet so we won’t see the full story until they are. The Magic of Mordremoth has gone in four directions with one going into Glint’s Egg. Malyk’s tree, the Man behind Zinn’s Golems and the Mursaat are still to be resolved and the Raids might very well resolve all 3 of these plot points better than Trahearne, Destiny’s Edge and Rata Novus. Hopefully Trahearne’s death is the end of the death for character developments style melodrama.

If Kormir dies her death must be caused by the only character in GW1 who complained about her ascendancy: Mad King Thorn. No need to make it sad and melodramatic(and make sure the Mad King is personally involved in the fight and actually the one tanking her and dealing the final blow before hijacking her) since we already had enough of that.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I doubt that the raid will touch Malyk’s tree. His tree was said to follow the river, which would put it in Tangled Depths/Auric Basin.

I fear there’s a chance that the blighting trees in either Dragon’s Stand or southern Auric Basin is actually Malyk’s tree. But with no show of Malyk, how are we to even know?

maybe it’s just east of Tangled Root, not at the end of the river (which should end with The Falls, but doesn’t) but before hand.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Felix.7586

Felix.7586

I overall enjoyed the story, but it does feel like it’s over really suddenly and we could have used with some padding, even if it’s to make the whole “realizing the weakness” thing more believable.

Might be only me here, but I actually don’t have a problem with everyone dying left and right. On some cases it’s overdone, yes, but considering the world is locked in a war from literally every corner, it makes sense that stakes are really high all the time, and it’s kinda refreshing to be playing as a hero that no matter his/her victories or how much of a kitten they’re made out to be, they repeatedly fail at being able to save -everyone-

The one thing that bugs me slightly is that if you talk with the gang after killing Mordremoth, everyone is pretty happy about the victory despite the fact everyone involved just saw you having to kill Trahearne, who was not only a really important player in the scheme of things but practically a close friend of your character by this point. You’d think they would be more considerate, at least

in Lore

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Hello!
Well, excuse me from the selected category, but it seemed more appropriate to discuss about that.

In HoT, I expected a lot of screenwriting. For example, the Nightmare’s Court. Or explanations of the Dream. Or more given on the Asura. (good point : it makes the fan-lore asura very very happy) But especially my biggest regret is:

Mordremoth died. This End.

Ok … It’s a little short …
I would have liked to fight one last time against Trahearne, or be able to do him a kiss on the forehead, to greet his death. He was a friend of my character … It was the one I see grow.
Trahearne … I wish I had a sequel. Announced his death and that of Eir, and Faolain …
In short, “Honnoré les morts” (honored the slain/dead ), make a speech to the people of Tyria. Have a meeting with the leaders of each races to speak.

I wanted to also take news of the Pale Tree. How she felt … And Zoijja & Logan… See the Queen, its reaction… Or the people Asura … Norn…

Hear NPCs wonder how Maguuma … Or talk to open a trade. I wish to know how the Forgotten have batit Tahrir, how long they began, their visions of the end of mordremoth. The present great powers.

I would have wanted a “And now, how to raise the Pact?” Or how not to lose the troops …

I would have also liked to see a little change … Orr… for exemple.

Anyway …

Mordremoth died. This END.

You think I was going to stop? Nop! = ’)

the Nightmare’s Court:
And now? How did they live things?
Who will take the lead on this one? How Faolain will be Honnored? What will they do? I do not think that the court is just full of sylvari Villains. They will still be shocked, right?

Malick’s tree
What are they now ? Can we meet them? How have they reacted to the death of Mordremoth ?

The Grove
The mother tree, how is it you? is what the fan grove with his sad state? How it will happen? How will she react to the reaction Caithe? Is sylvari will change their minds?

Rata Sum
Rata Sum is strangely static. The Genius don’t do anything. If there is a city who need to be in a constant lane, it’s Rata Sum.
I don’t understand why they don’t do research and discovers with what is Inside Arah, like an upgraded Jotun Observatory.
Why they don’t have an hospital ? Why they don’t make the city evolving ? Why there is not an upgraded Asura boat, with cristal motors ?
And the airships too, they can be upgraded, the Pact has know trouble with their actual airships, the Glorious Tyria twice.
Why they don’t follow the world, with all the Council efforts to mask it ?

Rata Novus wasn’t that far, and the Dragon’s head neither. It’s shocking, the NPCs don’t realised ?

Lion’s Arch
The NPCs not reacting to the events:
The NPCs do not show asser your evolution in history. They do not talk people lost beyond Maguuma or discoveries. There is no settling of new merchants to offer the exotic. Why not open shops and houses, stuff to bring to the central tyrie some discoveries for improved daily?

This city is supposed to be the Intercultural Center. The Place of freight … From communications.

Where are the pirates? :
- People proud and free, it still amazes me not see their face in the open rebellion invasion rich THEIR proletarians in town.
You they can not begin to respond by rebuilding a city within a city by making close to Est Ward Waypoint?
Could we not have events of nights type stop thieves, killers or sylvari. See gnawing anxiety slowly town?
With all past events, the Pirates certainly not going to let it go.

Nobles:
- The feeling of being in a city designed for noble human promontory, people declining to war against centaurs, the fields ravaged, famine or nearly bursting. I do not see any sign, and there are almost too Noble for what remains human. It’s almost indecent. The Queen will not find money for their pension asser do anything.
Why not reduce the Nobles to start instead create a truly multi-racial population, composed of merchants charr, asura, norn, more open house, and chatter about the nobles who have renounced to come by the lack of human means ?
War eaten .. some are lost in the Maguuma. Their number should be reduced to show that humans are struggling to recover. And put more common people.

Hoelbrak
Will the Norns start seeing other dragons? Jormag there you will see the faithful continue to come and help? Is the city will start Arranger house Eir? make him a monument as Jora? How the chef live this loss? And the others? they will take you examples? Move things? Add new totems?

………

There is a lot to work with. I hope you will give us new elements scriptwriting, developments of peoples …

Maybe start sending Tengus diplomats? Kodans? Largos? Itzels? Skritts?

Thank you to you for taking the time to post .

# Asura because I’m worth it!

(edited by Louveepine.7630)

in Lore

Calcifire.1864

I doubt that the raid will touch Malyk’s tree. His tree was said to follow the river, which would put it in Tangled Depths/Auric Basin.

I fear there’s a chance that the blighting trees in either Dragon’s Stand or southern Auric Basin is actually Malyk’s tree. But with no show of Malyk, how are we to even know?

maybe it’s just east of Tangled Root, not at the end of the river (which should end with The Falls, but doesn’t) but before hand.

Speaking of The Falls, I was not prepared for the feels revisitng Zinn’s lair.

there is a golem corpse only slightly larger than a human at the entrance

a golem with the letters OX carved on its casing…

Rest in Golem Heaven buddy :<

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I do wonder which golem that is. Mind you, it is not M.O.X. – M.O.X. didn’t look like that. That’s a unique little overgrown golem there, so if they intended it to be M.O.X. they would have made it look like him. It. Yeah.

I would first guess G.O.X., our mentally challenged golem of laughs and the Dhuum Song, but G.O.X. left with Zinn on his exile, so unless Zinn returned to the lab before going to Rata Novus, then it’s not G.O.X.

In Novus, we see a L.O.X., so it’s probably just a random O.X. golem. Though for some reason the pitch of that recording wants me to say G.O.X. I think because the pitch matches Gir from Invader Zimm, which G.O.X. and Zinn are based off of.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

Oh please no.

Last thing Tyria needs is some sort of GW2 equivalent of DBZ Cell.

Well it already technically happened kind of. Though it did only absorb part of the power. The cut scene does show the power going both East and West on top of the North beam that goes tot he egg.

in Lore

Mike.7263

Caithe’s so powerful, she can solo roam the jungle!

in Lore

Calcifire.1864

I do wonder which golem that is. Mind you, it is not M.O.X. – M.O.X. didn’t look like that. That’s a unique little overgrown golem there, so if they intended it to be M.O.X. they would have made it look like him. It. Yeah.

I would first guess G.O.X., our mentally challenged golem of laughs and the Dhuum Song, but G.O.X. left with Zinn on his exile, so unless Zinn returned to the lab before going to Rata Novus, then it’s not G.O.X.

In Novus, we see a L.O.X., so it’s probably just a random O.X. golem. Though for some reason the pitch of that recording wants me to say G.O.X. I think because the pitch matches Gir from Invader Zimm, which G.O.X. and Zinn are based off of.

the reason I think it may be MOX is because of all of the leadup to it, the itzel are all talking about how much history the place has, one of the asura points out that the OX classification would mean more to him if he’d listened better in history class (note it’s a history class, not golemancy class, implying they were talking about a specific historically significant golem rather than OX golems as a whole), and the fact that the asura even make reference to MOX’s “WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME OF PO-LY-MOCK?” line by saying “would you like to play a game of golem chess?”

there’s too much focus for it to just be a random OX golem.

(I’m wondering if the model differences are either to do with graphical limitations of GW1, or time constraints of HoT? as in either “this is what MOX was always meant to look like” or “making a unique model for a reference only GW1 players will look for or understand is not a good use of time”)

(edited by Calcifire.1864)

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Am I the only one who is dissapointed they didn’t touch on the racism in LA nor caladbolg in Orr?

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Mike.7263

So Caithe’s Wyld Hunt is to get her precious egg infused with Mordremoth’s magic white stuff.

Ew.

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I, for one, liked Eir’s death. Death is often sudden, brutal, quick and unexpected (although we were kinda expecting this one). Reminded me of Witcher Saga spoilerGeralt's death in Rivia caused by peasant with pitchfork and many GoT deaths.

I’d also say this – the way MMOs are structured, you will never achieve the feeling of being in hurry. I might finish one story step, go PvP, go back and this feeling is lost. So focusing on rich story is imo better.

Side question – what am I supposed to do with that broken salad sword? Couldn’t salvage it.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I’ll give a full review when I have time and energy to write it, but along with some responses below, there is one thing that comes to mind:

There’s been a lot of discussion about Eir’s death, but what about Faolain?

First, what was Faolain doing in the region to get captured by Mordremoth in the first place?

Second, and perhaps more importantly, Faolain has generally been presented as being a rather dark shade of grey, but one thing she was good at was knowing how to manipulate people (she is a mesmer, after all). In the scene where the two get killed, though, she seemed to go all moustache-twirling evil-for-the-sake-of-being-evil. Just what was she thinking when she stabbed Eir? Sure, it might have bought her a few moment’s distraction… but their hope of escape at that point was based on keeping their distance just long enough for the Commander and group to get in and take on the Vinetooth. Turning on Eir basically guaranteed that whoever won would go after her.

Thirdly… at that point, we knew (thanks to the Itzel) that Mordremoth could corrupt bodies. So why was Faolain’s body left there? Sure, she didn’t deserve the same consideration as Eir, but surely someone could have thought to destroy her body and hence prevent Spider-Faolain from appearing.

it’s interesting however that the method we used to kill Mordy is the same as the failed attempt to kill Kralks, which would imply that Snaff’s idea was doomed from the start no matter what Logan did, but also correct in that it can be used to kill AN elder dragon, so perhaps some methods that failed against zhaitan may work against the other dragons

I noticed that symmetry myself. In Kralk’s case, though, the plan was kind of the reverse of what happened with Mordremoth. With Mordremoth, we got in and killed his mind while the pact was distracting him with a physical combat outside. In Kralk’s case, the mental contest was only to get Kralkatorrik grounded so that Rytlock could stick him with a spear made of his own spine.

It was, in fact, held early on in the story that you need a piece of an Elder Dragon to kill an Elder Dragon (IIRC, this was also part of the context of the Jormag’s-blood sword that you recover in the first Priory arc) – however, that information originally came from Glint in Edge of Destiny, and neither the deaths of Zhaitan nor Mordremoth involved stabbing them with a piece of their own body. What I’m now inclined to think was the case is that the method Glint outlined was striking at Kralkatorrik’s weakness – the method of killing Kralkatorrik is to stab him with his own body part. Other dragons have different weaknesses… although they do seem to all have some fashion of turning their own power on them.

Wtf was that twist with Trahearne? Why, WHY would you do that? Wasn’t killing Mordy through the Dream already enough? Why couldn’t Mordremoth just manifest himself in any other mordrem? Oh, and it’s getting even better, because now you can have the broken sword! Sweet.

I have a theory that it’s because as it was Mordremoth’s mind we were attacking, in order to escape, he had to enter a mind that wasn’t already his to begin with. While Mordrem Guard and the like do retain some of their personality, they were still all essentially extensions of Mordremoth’s will and thus part of the hive mind that we were already attacking. Trahearne’s mind, however, was one that Mordremoth had a link to and could access, but which still remained distinct enough to serve as camouflage for Mordremoth to hide in.

Of course, from a story-writing perspective, the writers could just as easily have this not happen, and my immediate reaction was that it was done to pander to the Trahearne-haters as well. However, I think there is good reason why Mordremoth might have gone into Trahearne’s mind instead of some random Mordrem – because said random Mordrem was already part of the hive mind that was being attacked in the first place.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

the reason I think it may be MOX is because of all of the leadup to it, the itzel are all talking about how much history the place has, one of the asura points out that the OX classification would mean more to him if he’d listened better in history class (note it’s a history class, not golemancy class, implying they were talking about a specific historically significant golem rather than OX golems as a whole), and the fact that the asura even make reference to MOX’s “WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME OF PO-LY-MOCK?” line by saying “would you like to play a game of golem chess?”

there’s too much focus for it to just be a random OX golem.

(I’m wondering if the model differences are either to do with graphical limitations of GW1, or time constraints of HoT? as in either “this is what MOX was always meant to look like” or “making a unique model for a reference only GW1 players will look for or understand is not a good use of time”)

I took the history class as more being about Zinn. He’s important not just to golemancy, but history in general – the R.O.X., P.O.X., N.O.X. disaster, the Trial of Zinn, his work during War in kryta, and his work with Rata Novus. All of his golems had O.X. names.

The golem chess is an interesting note that I hadn’t considered. But regarding models – it uses the standard old golem model which we see in Rata Novus. In GW1 there were four models for asuran golems – standard “crystal chest”, standard metal chest, sinister goem, and M.O.X. (+ his 5 avatars).

Since this overgrown golem is unique in the game, it would seem odd to make it a standard “crystal chest” golem which is used throughout Rata Novus.

I, for one, liked Eir’s death. Death is often sudden, brutal, quick and unexpected (although we were kinda expecting this one). Reminded me of Witcher Saga spoilerGeralt's death in Rivia caused by peasant with pitchfork and many GoT deaths.

Most people aren’t so much about how Eir died, but why she died – being for Braham’s character development.

Thirdly… at that point, we knew (thanks to the Itzel) that Mordremoth could corrupt bodies. So why was Faolain’s body left there? Sure, she didn’t deserve the same consideration as Eir, but surely someone could have thought to destroy her body and hence prevent Spider-Faolain from appearing.

They didn’t leave Faolain’s body. The Vinetooth took it immediately after killing her with its tail. Why it disappeared between that point and it killing Eir (unless there was more than one Vinetooth?), is a different question. I’d guess it flung it away so it couldn’t be recovered by the heroes.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Kyarra.8912

Kyarra.8912

I guess this is “The End” of story for me as a member of sylvari race. Don’t know about others, but we lost main lore characters to HoT – Faolain, Caithe (who’s new “personality” is all about treason, mistrust and leaving her friends and her entire race behind) and Trahearne. His death was a disgrace not only to this noble sylvari, but for me as his friend too. It was given as something casual, just another step on our way to great victory. Nobody mourns him. Not even me! The plot simply doesn’t allow me to. That’s not me; that’s not what I grown to be. I’ll have to abandon this act on my main, so yes, “the end” indeed – it seems I won’t be able to continiue with LS.

I don’t mind killing off characters in terms of drama thing. But the way it was done and the meaning of it for a person who actually respects lore and own character’s development kills off any drama. I am not sad or deeply touched, I’m dissapointed and totally hopeless.

…So, is the rest of content – events, challenges, new classes and stuff like this good enough to rely upon it, or I should quit now, while I still kinda like this game?

P.S. Sorry for any inconvinience my bad English may cause (