Spoilers & Speculation: Possible new area?

in Lore

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

As Mordremoth is reputedly located at Magus Falls, west of Rata Sum do people think this will lead to a new explorable area?

I am not clued up lore etc so don’t shoot me down lol would like to hear people’s views etc

in Lore

Posted by: Cenex.4089

Cenex.4089

I hope so, because it borders the Ring of Fire.

in Lore

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Magus Fall is located on top of Brisbane wildlanes. There are Zoning portal available in that map that head toward magus falls.

hopefully that is where mordremoth will spawn as per the cutscene as we pass the taumanova reactor.

Also ring of fire is way south and is closer to Orr. I highly doubt Ring of Fire will come to play anytime soon

in Lore

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

far shiverpeaks, Woodland Cascades, Blood Legion Homelands possibly

in Lore

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

Would certainly make for an interesting Season2 if we did have a new area to explore as the story unfolded

in Lore

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It looks like Magus to me there the wast and the Falls. I think there going to be a major shift in how it looks once the dragon awakens though.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Lore

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Lonely mountain maybe?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Lore

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

There better be..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Lore

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

i can’t wait new zones I CAN’t WAIt man im playing this game since start and finaly new zone’s

in Lore

Posted by: SirMorgenStar.6721

SirMorgenStar.6721

They should hold off Ring of Fire until some major confrontation, possibly the last place we go before we move on to Cantha/Elona/a new continent, if that ever happens. Both as a throw back to the original where it was the location of the final missions and because it has a fitting atmosphere for some epic final showdown.

in Lore

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

What’s far more interesting: Every Elderdragon has his own minions. The minions of the Jungle Dragon could be… well, Sylvari?

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

in Lore

Posted by: SirMorgenStar.6721

SirMorgenStar.6721

The pale tree being a champion of Mordremoth would be a pretty awesome twist. It would also prove the Nightmare Court right in that Ventari’s tablet has turned them away from their true nature.

in Lore

Jski.6180

i can’t wait new zones I CAN’t WAIt man im playing this game since start and finaly new zone’s

EotM is a new zone and we got south sun cove.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Instead of some fugly plant dragon, I’d LOVE to see the return of Abaddon, along with some epic loot

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Lore

Posted by: Bron.9647

Bron.9647

What’s far more interesting: Every Elderdragon has his own minions. The minions of the Jungle Dragon could be… well, Sylvari?

Try the Nightmare Court…if you read the dialogue of Twilight Arbor, story mode, you’ll notice she mentions a “great darkness”. Guild Wars 2 Wiki: Twilight Arbor – Story

Caithe: Faolain is firstborn like me. She’s powerful and dangerous, but she wasn’t always that way.
Caithe: "When our race was new, we travelled together, her and I. We became close.
Caithe: We found a great darkness. I pulled back from it. Faolain embraced it.

Personally, I believe this “great darkness” is referring to Mordremoth or one of his champions, just like what happened to Svanir in Guild Wars 1, when he embraced the power of Jormag’s champion. I believe that the Nightmare Court are embracing Mordremoth just like the Sons of Svanir are embracing Jormag. However, I don’t think the Nightmare Court realize the source of their malice, but it does corrupt them just the same.

(edited by Bron.9647)

in Lore

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The pale tree being a champion of Mordremoth would be a pretty awesome twist. It would also prove the Nightmare Court right in that Ventari’s tablet has turned them away from their true nature.

Not a very good champion if you needed someone to plant it and then wait ~200 years for it to mature to the point that it starts popping out minions.

A troll could have sat on it when it was a small sapling and then there goes your champion.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Lore

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

New dragon means more stuff in the gem shop

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I believe that the Nightmare Court are embracing Mordremoth just like the Sons of Svanir are embracing Jormag.

Except that Caderyn founded the nightmare court because he didn’t think the Sylvari were ruthless enough to defeat the Dragons. The nightmare court are as opposed to dragons as anyone else, and they have a “with us or against us” attitude to the fight.

in Lore

Jski.6180

Instead of some fugly plant dragon, I’d LOVE to see the return of Abaddon, along with some epic loot

I have a feeling that we voted on the way things where going to go and the dragon was chosen over Abaddon.

in Lore

Posted by: rpfohr.7048

rpfohr.7048

I made this post in another thread but…

If there are other explorable areas, will we find other pale tree’s?

A sylvari named Malyck claims there are other pale trees and he came from a different one…..

I think that would be a good direction to go.

in Lore

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It really is a shame he is death, he would make a great adversary.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Lore

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Inb4 reuse old zones.

Yawn.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

in Lore

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Not a very good champion if you needed someone to plant it and then wait ~200 years for it to mature to the point that it starts popping out minions.

A troll could have sat on it when it was a small sapling and then there goes your champion.

If you go in the lore forum they’ll use this to disprove the theory.
What people aren’t getting is the tree itself DOESN’T NEED TO BE A CHAMP, Destroyers come from eggs, the tree might just be the means to spawn minions, nothing else.
It has a conscious so by the time Sylvari are “born” they’re already mature and fully capable. And it’s not “evil” thanks to Ventari table.
We know there are other trees, how are they? The Ventari table was a random event, the only Sylvari we know that came from another tree is neither here nor there really.

A common problem people present is how would that impact new Sylvari? Doesn’t need to, even if it’s confirmed they’re Dragon minions, creating a new one and playing doesn’t need to be changed, the nightmare court around Tyria can also remain the same without any change to mechanics.

Last but not least, that looked more like a croc than a dragon, hope it looks cooler in game.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

there’s a asura gate in Brisban Wildlands. top-left, going north. There are some green guards around it. you can’t normally get there (broken bridge), but if you do (experimental teleport gun, for example), it doesn’t go anywhere.
just sayin’

in Lore

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

I would like a new area so if every Elderdragon has there own minions are we just pawns to them? so what will happen if everyone started to embraced the darkness? almost makes me wish we was giving that kind of choice

in Lore

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

Personally – a more important question to ask is what part of the current area content could be used for this new dragon?

Because if there is already an obvious answer, that will be the answer chosen over a completely new map.

Though I am VERY for a new area.

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing