Stargate: Tyria.

in Lore

Posted by: Zilvarael.2301

Zilvarael.2301

Note: This is not a theory or anything like that just a person noticing things around the game that seem to co-relate to the Sci-fi hit Stargate.

Has anyone ever noticed that GW2 has what seems to be plenty of Stargate references through out it. Between the Asura gates basically being an in game version of a stargate, the exalted basically being more like the ascended version of the Ancients from series as a whole. Right down to the Asura themselves. I’m not sure where I heard it. I think in SG: Atlantis they make mention to the name they gave (or have on record for) the replicators being the Asurans. Though till it was over the Asurans were trying to mock being the ancients as it were. So they could in theory create and augment the gate network. Similar to the Asura in game. Minus the whole being made of metal they do certainly have the brains behind them.

Honestly speaking as a nerd this is an awesome kind of easter egg as it were, if of course that is true.

in Lore

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

As a huge Stargate fan I noticed it too. I think it’s hilarious. In a way Sylvari can be like jaffa where they were born to serve the gods and try to win their freedom like Sylvari were born to serve the jungle dragon.

in Lore

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

There are even more Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire ones in the franchise. Orr itself is very similar to Valyria – powerful magic users, wiped out by a cataclysmic event. Also in GW1 there is a collector called Varis who collects spider legs.

in Lore

Posted by: lorephoenix.9185

lorephoenix.9185

Heehee! I noticed some but not all of the references. I love it!

I’ve decided the revs blindfold are a reference to mistborn

Out of darkness, light.

Necro/Reaper, Rev

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

All these things are bound to happen in fictional universes and every story we hold dear and think that it is unique can be traced back somwehere somehow.

That things are similiar are often just coincidental, even though certain homages do exist.

There is a reason tropes exist