Stop crowbarring her in everywhere. Please.

in Lore

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

Someone please explain to me why Scarlet is suddenly in the Mist.
It’s bad enough that we have to deal with her faffing about in the Living Story, but now she’s been thrown into WvW as well. Just… Why?

Also, where does she get the manpower to simultaneously invade about 80% of Tyria AND the Mists? We’ve been at war with this crazy plantsue for ages now. She has not won a single encounter. We kicked her kitten every single time and foiled her alliance plans. How is it we’re still seeing Aetherblades after we destroyed their base or Molten Alliance after we destroyed their research bases? Or the Watchknights – just how many of the kitten ed things does she have? They don’t look cheap, and I doubt Scarlet has this much money.

Seriously, at this point, she appears to have a larger and better-equipped army than the High Legions. It’s ridiculous and getting more and more out of hand every update, which is pretty incredible, because at this point, things have fallen through the floor and burrowed straight through and is boring straight for the centre of the earth.

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Its is not really that sudden.
We have known since last year that she is looking towards the Mists.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well the clockwork horrors can be factory produced, but the sylvari, charr, humans, norns and asura…

Inquest cloning facility (or ten). Called it first!

in Lore

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

Wow, how “surprising”…

Wake me when this is over.

P.S.: No more mysterious, “spooky” female narration, please. My cringe-o-meter is breaking from the pressure. At least “Mordy” from the previous Garbage Story video was awesome.

Edit: the link to the reveal video, as OP’s vid, while hilarious, is a bit misleading: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/coming-soon-the-edge-of-the-mists/

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

(edited by Thalador.4218)

in Lore

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Someone please explain to me why Scarlet is suddenly in the Mist.
It’s bad enough that we have to deal with her faffing about in the Living Story, but now she’s been thrown into WvW as well. Just… Why?

It’s not so sudden. The probes have been in the mists for sometime now. And then there is this:

“She saw Tyria and the Mists; she saw the insurmountable challenge of the future and her people’s part in it—the sylvari of the tree and the Nightmare Court, Caithe and Faolain—all part of a grand design.”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scarlet_Briar

I’m not sure where the wiki got that from as that claim isn’t sourced. I suspect the Tower Talk interview (which would be unfortunate if the case, as that kind of information needs to be in game). As for what she is doing there, I imagine that will be part of the next release.

Also, where does she get the manpower to simultaneously invade about 80% of Tyria AND the Mists?

Don’t mistake in game mechanics for lore. Invasions are not representative of her forces, but of content designed for hundreds of players.

in Lore

Posted by: Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

Gorgaan Peaudesang.8324

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agent_Frovik

The Order of Whispers knew Scarlet’s moves into the Mists…

Guild Wars 2 Wiki FR contributor

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

To add to the thread, instead of creating a new one:

The living world story’s iconic characters are heading their separate ways for now. Players will meet up with Marjory Delaqua and Kasmeer Meade at The Dead End, where they’ve gathered all available evidence on Scarlet from both recent and past events. More of Scarlet Briar’s character and motivations will be revealed through their investigation as they attempt to figure out her plan and stay ahead of her next move.

In the previous release, The Origins of Madness, players made the acquaintance of Taimi, a tiny Asura progeny who rides a golem named Scruffy and has an unusually cheerful interest in Scarlet’s theories. She also seems to have captured the hearts of quite a few players. Johanson explained that Taimi is an orphan, although ArenaNet isn’t ready to tell the story behind the loss of her parents just yet. She’s been described as the ward of Destiny’s Edge member Zojja; while players won’t find out the details of their relationship in this release, Johanson did mention that Zojja has difficulty handling people who think they’re smarter than she is. And since Taimi, who is technically a student of the Asuran colleges, has decided to ditch school completely and take her education into her own hands, we suspect this might be a point of conflict in the future.

Taimi has already taken a shine to Braham Eirsson (to his dismay). In spite of his grumbling, Braham is softhearted enough to chase after her when she does something really dangerous: Scarlet is sending her Aetherblades to the Edge of the Mists to set the final stage of her plan in motion, and Taimi has followed them.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01/28/journey-to-the-edge-of-the-mists-in-guild-wars-2s-next-content/

in Lore

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

You do realize that Scarlets events have been in the mists before right? She kinda had toxic spores in there through the entirety of the nightmare tower… Yet NOW is when you’re getting all upset she’s got aetherblade a there? And NEWS FLASH!! Mists are also sorta kinda the afterlife…. So if you wanna take everything super kittening literally (I mean c’mon, you really think there’s that many enemies in Tyria? They easily outnumber us…) just make believe they’re just some of the aetherblade a that died, cause yeah… We sorta killed a lot of them.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

You do realize that Scarlets events have been in the mists before right? She kinda had toxic spores in there through the entirety of the nightmare tower… Yet NOW is when you’re getting all upset she’s got aetherblade a there? And NEWS FLASH!! Mists are also sorta kinda the afterlife…. So if you wanna take everything super kittening literally (I mean c’mon, you really think there’s that many enemies in Tyria? They easily outnumber us…) just make believe they’re just some of the aetherblade a that died, cause yeah… We sorta killed a lot of them.

the mists aren’t kinda like the afterlife… it’s more like the afterlife is a part of the mists. you can go in there while alive, and those aetherblades are most definitely not the dead ones.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

the mists aren’t kinda like the afterlife… it’s more like the afterlife is a part of the mists. you can go in there while alive, and those aetherblades are most definitely not the dead ones.

Well it is kinda like the afterlife because dead people go there sorta kinda, but essentially as you said….

And I hadn’t seen the info for the new patch yet I figured it was some sort of scarlet event in WvW, yeah these ones totally are alive, I feel like it will be interesting.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

going by that patch preview posted in this thread, it seems like there isn’t much relevance tying the map itself to the story, they just wanted to release the map and talk more about scarlet in the process.

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

To me it seems more like a “we want scarlet to go to the mists, we will use this new map for that instead of the old WvW stuff.”

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

well the map had been in testing for months, they probably thought sitting on it while the queue problem needed addressing ASAP was not the most productive move.

plus, they always seem hopeful that the number of PvErs that get “converted” to WvW is higher than the number of PvErs that get annoyed for having to step out of their comfort zone.

in Lore

Durzlla.6295

well the map had been in testing for months, they probably thought sitting on it while the queue problem needed addressing ASAP was not the most productive move.

plus, they always seem hopeful that the number of PvErs that get “converted” to WvW is higher than the number of PvErs that get annoyed for having to step out of their comfort zone.

Well they know most PvErs (at least the vocal ones) are achievement whores and would do literally anything for those achievement points lol.

Being primarily a PvPer I’m happy that I’ll be able to roam through WvW for the LS with my friends hunting down people from other realms hoping to do the same.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

1. Odd. The music was from Factions, I’m pretty sure. The bell rings was definitely Factions-sounding.
  2. Ohey, the “creepy female voice” from Tequatl Rising and Twilight Assault is back. Still wondering if that holds story significance. It’d be nice if it did.
  3. She’s not really being shoehorned in here. As said, we’ve known since the beginning of December that Scarlet had a base/interest in the Mists. The question is why.

Honestly, I’m now pushing to the most recent and plausible sounding theory I’ve seen: Dhuum’s the voice driving Scarlet insane.

But I may just be good-god-deprived.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

1. Odd. The music was from Factions, I’m pretty sure. The bell rings was definitely Factions-sounding.
  2. Ohey, the “creepy female voice” from Tequatl Rising and Twilight Assault is back. Still wondering if that holds story significance. It’d be nice if it did.
  3. She’s not really being shoehorned in here. As said, we’ve known since the beginning of December that Scarlet had a base/interest in the Mists. The question is why.

Honestly, I’m now pushing to the most recent and plausible sounding theory I’ve seen: Dhuum’s the voice driving Scarlet insane.

i don’t recall it on factions, but it’s been used in GW2 quite a bit already. i think it plays mostly on the maguuma areas, like when you trigger vistas.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It sounded like one of the Shing Jea soundtracks to me…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Ok… about that video.
What did I just watch 0.o

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

well i’m positive it plays on the maguuma. go to rata sum and trigger a random vista if you must.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, the music is just a generic Maguuma region music. It plays primarily when you view vistas, but can sometimes be heard in the open world too in some areas. Particularly around Soren Draa.

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

DHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM

haha I would love to see that lil’ bugger again, But what makes you think Dhuum is influencing Scarlett?

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Wasn’t my theory so I can’t defend it much. But the nicknames for him – Voice in the Void being one of them – kind of fit with what Scarlet’s hearing. And if that vision brought her into the Mists, then he may be capable of influencing her.

Plus he did this exact same thing, but on a lesser scale, before.

Dear ANet writers,