Strongest Elder Dragon

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: Elxiand.2869

Elxiand.2869

Greetings everyone, today I would like to ask which elder dragon you believe is strongest?
Also regarding me, I love them so most of my topics will regard them in some way.

Anyway, I’d probably have to go with Bubbles, due to the fact that he can make the waters themselves into a weapon.

Everyone has a different opinion of Good and Evil.
One person’s view of Evil is just another’s view
of Good.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

The DSD and the Sixth dragon are largely unknown, as is their strength. Primordus has also kept a pretty low profile (unless I’m mistaken, we’ve only seen him as that “statue” they Central Transfer Chamber used as a power source). Zhaitan is already dead so he’s out of the running.

We’re left with two contenders – Jormag and Kralkatorrik. We know Jormag lost a tooth in battle with Asgeir Dragonrender. Kralkatorrik on the other hand has lost one of his spines in battle with an unknown force.

The main problem with figuring out which one of these two is stronger lies in their abilities – we know Jormag subjugates the minds of those who oppose him, whereas Kralkatorrik is the largest physically (with the possible exception of the DSD).

I’d personally go with Kralkatorrik, as Glint seemed convinced he’s the really big bad. He was the last dragon to awake, and while the other dragons were already out and about, Glint’s concern was taking her master down immediately after his awakening because of what she feared he’d do if left alive.

Whether Glint only feared him so much because she’d had the most “exposure” to his thoughs or because she’d never witnessed firsthand the power of the other dragons OR because he’s legitimately the most terrible one of the bunch. It’s pretty safe to assume Glint hasn’t witnessed any other EDs personally (Dragons are hostile with each other, so she’s unlikely to have survived such an encounter). How much she knows about the other EDs is still anyone’s guess, as we know Glint is an oracle and she could read the mind of her master and (potentially) the other EDs as well.

While Glint’s reason for thinking Kralkatorrik would be the end of all good things will likely remain unknown, she had a pretty good track record when it came to credibility (as any good prophet should) so I’ll put my money on her assessment.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The DSD and Mordremoth’s power are uncomparable due to lack of information. Knowing how the Elder Dragons feed and that they gain power by corrupting more things, I’d say the order of strength is this:

Primordus (has all those asuran relics to consume and has been active the longest)
Jormag (he seems ready to cause havoc)
DSD (been around third longest now)
Kralkatorrik (seems to be inactive but has the Crystal Desert to consume magical artifacts of)
Mordremoth (seems to still be slumbering)

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I’m wondering if Zhaitan really is out of the running. granted I have yet to play the final story mission so I don’t know how everything ends but one though keeps nagging me. Can you really kill someone that has such an impressive mastery over death?

I don’t think he’s the most powerful though. In fact, I figure he’s the youngest of all the dragons as his abilities don’t seem as advanced as the others.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I wouldn’t say youngest – his influence seems to stretch the furthest in terms of making undead. Each dragon holds a different ability/preference for how to corrupt, and Zhaitan’s may be the most limiting, but is the fastest-conversion and furthest reaching of them.

As for him being out of the running, it seems highly likely, but not 100% certain.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: Katostrophe.3274

Katostrophe.3274

What I’ve learned from playing gw2 is that Zhaitan is a totally weak pathetic excuse for an elder dragon. He got taken out without almost any effort what so ever, which is why gw2 story has one of the worst endings of all time. So if the other elder dragons are as weak as him Tyria really has nothing to worry about.

But I’d say that Primordus is the strongest out of the elder dragons.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

SpeedFiend.4521

What I’ve learned from playing gw2 is that Zhaitan is a totally weak pathetic excuse for an elder dragon. He got taken out without almost any effort what so ever, which is why gw2 story has one of the worst endings of all time. So if the other elder dragons are as weak as him Tyria really has nothing to worry about.

Technically, he was defeated through great effort. You have to remember, by the time you get to actually fight Zhaitan himself you’ve:

1. Cut off his food supply
  2. Cut off his corpse supply, crippling his ability to raise more forces
  3. Raided his abomination factory, as it were
  4. Cleansed the statues of the gods, thereby preventing Zhaitan from feeding off of their magic
  5. Methodically cut a path through most of Orr
  6. Destroyed considerable amounts (if not most) of his champions, be they dragons, eyes, generals and so on
  7. Cleansed the artesian waters, breaking the continued corruption of Orr

All of this serves to weaken Zhaitan, by the time you actually fight him, he’s basically on the ropes. Unfortunately all this buildup leads to a very anticlimactic ending. While it does make sense from a game world perspective, it doesn’t make for a very exciting battle. Zhaitan looks like a wuss for the duration of the fight, but doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have easily stomped us. After all, the Pact only assaults Arah after the odds are as heavily in their favour as possible.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

In my opinion, I think Zhaitan was the more intelligent-based dragon of the six since he commanded a more militaristic form of minions than any of the other dragons. So he wasn’t the strongest, but seemed to have a good strategic sense given how he seems to be the only dragon to have performed planned attacks on Tyria. He also had the largest influence, so if we wanted to say that all the dragons are equal in their own way, Zhaitan’s forte would be “Military/Intelligence” and “Influence”.

Primordus would be “Power” and “Numbers” since his minions are high-damage and tanks made of stone, but also he doesn’t need to corrupt living things, which may be an advantage to creating endless waves of destroyers.

Jormag would be “Psychology/Intelligence” and maybe “Size/Strength/Defense”, and/or possibly an unknown ability to steal power, given that it stole the ability to transform into a bear from somebody before, though it was never explained. Defense is just assumed since nothing has been able to scratch the fang before, which only happened with the help of the spirits, which together with the Norn could only take a single fang. Still unknown compared to the other dragons, though.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

SpeedFiend.4521

snip

Jormag is more of a Professor Xavier kind of deal. He doesn’t use psychology, he uses telepathy. If anything, Zhaitan uses the most psychology, several of his champions will mock you for losing your mentor and promise you’ll soon be joining them under Zhaitan.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Technically, Jormag uses psychology – he leads individuals into joining him of their own free will based on their desires of strength and power. Mostly, at least.

Zhaitan’s risen is just psychological warfare, a bunch of taunts, lies, and whatever in order to reduce your morality – this isn’t for corrupting, however, but just to make you lose your will to fight so you’re easier to kill.

Both use psychology in two different ways.

Dear ANet writers,

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

SpeedFiend.4521

Technically, Jormag uses psychology – he leads individuals into joining him of their own free will based on their desires of strength and power. Mostly, at least.

Zhaitan’s risen is just psychological warfare, a bunch of taunts, lies, and whatever in order to reduce your morality – this isn’t for corrupting, however, but just to make you lose your will to fight so you’re easier to kill.

Both use psychology in two different ways.

I see joining Jormag in exchange for power (which he’s clearly demonstrated to the norn already, having devoured Owl) is more employer/employee relationship. You do what the boss asks, and you get paid, in the SoS case – they serve Jormag and gain some measure of power. The main difference is you can quit your job, walking away from an ED is somewhat… difficult.

As to why I don’t see Jormag’s mental corruption as psychology in the conventional sense is that in real life, when being coerced/persuaded, you always have the power to refuse if you so choose. Sure, you may face whatever consequences, but in the end there isn’t really a way to talk someone into giving you full remote control of their body and mind.

I figure Jormag’s corruptive process is no different than that of any other ED, instead of having to rely (solely? I’m not certain if he has a corrupting breath attack) on his breath, he can also corrupt telephatically. It seems more of a magical ability than some accumulated experience/knowledge in the ways of coaxing mortals into your service.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Jormag plays to the desires to gain strength, and continuously whisper promises of power to them. This is psychological in the sense that he’s playing to their personalities and their thoughts – he brings them to his side then he corrupts them with his magic. And it doesn’t really come off as a boss/employee relationship either – he gives those who wish power such to corrupt them. The Sons of Svanir hold an incorrect notion of Jormag (so the devs tell us).

Dear ANet writers,

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: chris the concerer.2974

chris the concerer.2974

ok wait someone said the sixth elder dragon that is the jungle dragon right befor i start if im wrong please tell me but i think jormag is the strongest exept maybe primordus i would love to see theme fight like fire and ice the final fight.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I would say, based on minions, that Kralkatorrik is probably stronger than Jormag. Jormag’s strength lies in his mind, and Kralkatorrik’s strength is in, well, brute strength. This is merely opinion though.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Kralkatorrik seems to be less of “brute strength,” but rather in physical. But that’s just looking at how they corrupt – because it’s never really shown Jormag’s more physical prowess himself (if he can take out thousands of norn in one sweep – should those skaalds be truthful which I doubt given the norn’s individualness – I doubt he’s all that weak physically).

If any dragon were to be “brute strength” – I’d say Primordus and his destroyers are. They go about with pure force and little more. Kralkatorrik in combat seemed to me to be more… hard to say, but not brute force by any means.

But if one’s looking at the minions – well, ice is clearly weaker than crystal, so it seems obvious that icebrood would be easily beaten down by branded in a contest of strength – though branded (and Kralkatorrik) seem to have a wider variety of elemental magic than the others.

Kind of makes me wonder if Kralkatorrik could be considered the elementalist of the Elder Dragons (with Zhaitan the Necromancer and Jormag the Mesmer). He uses rock, crystal, lightning, plasma (fire-like), and wind in different means.

Dear ANet writers,

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

This contains spoilers:

To say Zhaitan is weak is understating what it took to soposidly kill him, he had over 1k dragons as strong as teq and it took fleet of over 1k flying battleships with artillery cannons he had. He only supposedly died cause we shot off his wings and he fell over 1mile to the ground. If claw can survive his fall Zhaitan should be able too not to mention he is made of flesh not ice so should be less brittle. He also fell into a misty area so no body was recovered. To my knowledge Zhaitans death has not been announced. Dragon bakitten self is to give courage to face the dragons and not to celebrate Zhaitans death. Also the point of my story was mostly the purification of Orr to destroy undead army and not really the battle with Zhaitan himself. If then mass produced the battle suit used in one of the missions the armies of the dragons would be nothing and all that is left is the battles of dragon them selves.

-I don’t think you can say that Zhaitan is dead or weak though.
-People think Zhaitan is the youngest because he can not corrupt living things like others Elder dragons though you cant say age reflects power nor territories concurred.
-Only way to compare elder dragon power is if they fight each other which will probly never happen until we are all dead cause we are literally in center of all elder dragons awakening. So they will fight us before they fight each other. I reference Reign of Fire for behavior of Elder Dragons i think it is appropriate. The Cycles of dragon: “They awaken, they consume everything they can, then they consume each other, then they sleep”.

Strongest Elder Dragon

in Lore

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

well the elder dragons arent on the same ‘team’ as it were, I’d say we get jormag and primordius to fight it out and kill the heavily weakened winner/ heavily weakened dragons (if its a draw)

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement