Sylvari relation to wardens

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Was wondering if there is any possible connection between the wardens in guild wars factions that were nature spirits corrupted by divine/godly power (rather than draconic power) and the sylvari. 1 of my guildies was telling me that the wardens were servants of Melandru but I couldn’t find any evidence to prove it one way or the other.

Also in addition could the kurzic juggernaughts have any relation to either one.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Unlikely, mainly because you’re wrong about what the wardens were but also due to location.

The “forest spirits” were actually Urgoz and its kin, corrupted by the Jade Wind (well maddened by it). The Warden’s origins aren’t shown, but it’s hinted upon them being former humans, much like the druids.

As far as I know, nothing says the wardens were servants of Melandru – the only group tied to nature in such a way that serve Melandru would be the druids.

Kurzick Juggernauts are also akin to the druids – formerly humans who sacrificed their body to become immortal constructs of plant, their lives tied to the Forever Trees (that’s where they differ, other than appearance and mortality; though the druids later gave up their plant bodies as well to become spectral protectors of the forest).

Nothing outright denies it, but despite the ties of forestry and the word Warden being used by both groups, nothing implies or hints at a connection.

And before it’s asked – no, Urgoz is also unlikely to be tied to the sylvari. He seems, to me, more akin to the Spirits of the Wild (whom are said to not just encorporate animals, but other aspects of nature as well – the examples given being seasons, fire, darkness, and mountains; “forest” is easily possible to be among them, though it is said that there are multiple forest spirits like Urgoz – on a side note, I personally suspect that Zhu Hanuku is the Kraken Spirit of the Wild, and there are hints that the Crab Clan may revere their own animal spirit, which is naturally a crab).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It’s been a while, but didn’t the source that mentioned those other spirits also say that they weren’t sentient?

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Not to my knowledge. Just that they are/can be hostile.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

makes me wonder though. kurzick juggernauts look a bit like husks. coincidence maybe but who knows.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Other than “tall, lumbering, humanoids” I don’t see a similarity. Heads are completely different, as well as the composition being different (husks appear like made of twisted tree trunks; Juggernauts looked like made of vines).

Dear ANet writers,