Taimi's Golem

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Did Snaff make it? Is Taimi a student of Snaff’s? Is Taimi as smart at Snaff (and draws inspiration from him)? Is she his child?

Now, how could I reach that conclusion, see exhibit 1 (my graphics are really low for the event, excuse the SAB-style look). One of my guildies (Ozay Gearbreaker) took the time to place the camera inside her golem and noticed that ANet have actually gone through the trouble of modelling the interior (pretty easy to do if you want to see it, she is near Winterthaw Waypoint).

The interesting part is that the golem has no driver (this is not glitched content, but rather inventive camera positioning), but she is on top of it – implying that she is the pilot. Interestingly:

any of Snaff’s inventions focused around the concept of using one’s mind to control devices

So Taimi could be somehow involved with Snaff – in one of the ways I described.

Attachments:

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

She enters the golem during the fight against the marionette.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Golem kittenpits are very common for asura golems, actually. Asura dynamics personal story for example, or all of the WvW siege golems.

What Snaff made was not a piloted golem, but instead a piloted golem with a head and that was able to respond to mental commands. As explained by Archivist Grep most asura have copied this since, as it “revolutionized” golemancy from being controlled by joysticks to being controlled by the mind.

“He believe a strong mind could make a strong golem even more effective. Before him, it was all joysticks and directional pads. Now piloting is as easy as thinking.”_

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Yes, but it does move around (instance in LA) with her outside of it.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Golem kittenpits

I’m sorry I just couldn’t not quote that. I know it’s terribly off topic and childish of me, but just yeah.

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Yes, but it does move around (instance in LA) with her outside of it.

golems can be controlled remotely, or even obey voice commands. hell, there are automated golems everywhere.

that she can make her golem carry her around without piloting it is no big deal, sorry.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Found this great artwork of Taimi I think it’s official:

http://i.imgur.com/Kf8GDFy.jpg

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Scruffy is more like a pilotable golem or a HAZMAT suit than a true, autonomous golem.

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

official or not, it’s pretty.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

official or not, it’s pretty.

yeah though my only problem with it is that she looks like she is crying :S

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

I think I saw in an preview interview that Taimi is a ward of Zojja’s which is why she has access to such a advanced golem.

As for what Ward means I don’t think we know yet. Apprentice perhaps?

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: Bellyboomer.3048

Bellyboomer.3048

As an Asura (don’t know for sure about the other races) you can ask her if Zojja is ok with her being here. She responds something along the lines of: “go ask her yourself, I’ve heard from you btw, you’re the snaff savant.”

So yeah, I think she is under Zojja’s care. That’s how she got the golems and the attitude. That being said, I’d love to see/read how Zojja and Taimi work as teacher-student, their personnalities would be so interesting together.

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Fantastic pic, thanks!

Taimi's Golem

in Lore

Posted by: Rastenn.2385

Rastenn.2385

I think I saw in an preview interview that Taimi is a ward of Zojja’s which is why she has access to such a advanced golem.

As for what Ward means I don’t think we know yet. Apprentice perhaps?

Ward essentially means foster child. Not necessarily adopted, but a child with no parents that you’ve taken under your wing and are officially responsible for. Dic Grayson (Robin of comic book fame) was the ward of Bruce Wayne. Asuran society being what it is, I’m sure this means she is Zojja’s apprentice as well though.