Tequatl

Tequatl

in Lore

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I know this happened a long time ago but is it possible that te quark is turning into Zhaitan to replace him? This has been really hugging me ever since I beat teq again last week.

Tequatl

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

That was one of the more common theories present during Tequatl Rising. Another common theory was that Zhaitan’s power was simply seeping to all his minions (thus explaining the Orrian Risen’s size increase update and the Temple metas’ increased difficulty in lore-terms too).

We simply don’t know and have no real indication to argue one way or another though.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Tequatl

in Lore

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

I hope it was just a game balance thing, but I guess you have a point. Technically, Tequatl should have been dead chronologically speaking…

Tequatl

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

We never kill the beast – it retreats. So no, chronologically speaking it’d still be alive.

Well, it’s not entirely clear whether it simply retreats or if it is killed and a new one takes its place like the Shatterer. In the latter scenario though, the whole “it gets stronger with every defeat” wouldn’t work unless it’s getting stronger not because it’s learning like the NPCs claim, but because whatever’s making them stronger is being divided less than less (thus each individual is gaining more and more of whatever “it” would be – think of the movie The One ).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Tequatl

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

Also, worth to mention that upon a successful run, it loses the tip of the tail. But on the next one, it is fully grown again. Either it is regenerated, or another one is taking the place of the previous dragon.

And no one is taking the chance to make a BBQ of all those tails.

Tequatl

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

That’s still ongoing? Thought it ended with the LW ending. Anyways, I wouldn’t recommend barbequing those tails…

That Tequatl tail is stinkier than Braham after a battle.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rox/dialogue#During_A_Very_Merry_Wintersday

Rytlock Brimstone: Soldier! Report! Where’s my Tequatl tail?
Rox: Back where I’m bunking, sir! I’ll go get it immediately.
Rytlock Brimstone: Wait. You took down Tequatl.
Rox: As reported, sir. I sent you a missive requesting an audience.
Rytlock Brimstone: Hm. Been busy. But I’m here now.
Rox: Should I go get the tail and bring it to you, Tribune?
Rytlock Brimstone: No. I don’t need a slab of decaying meat.
Rox: But I…I’ve been hauling it around for weeks.
Rytlock Brimstone: Ooh. I bet that smell sticks to your gear.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Origins_of_Madness:_A_Moment%27s_Peace

Decaying meat can’t be healthy. Or tasty.

Dear ANet writers,

Tequatl

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

Well, of course! She didn’t refrigerate it. You have to cook it right there and then or take it to the Shiverpeaks for more proper keeping.

And what’s ongoing?

Tequatl

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Decaying meat can’t be healthy. Or tasty.

That’s never stopped us before.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Tequatl

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Yeah but eating Risen mean makes you one.

The opposite of traditional zombies!

Huh, and in my mind came this:

“Serve Zhaitan today! Eat the tail of the dragon you just killed!”

Dear ANet writers,