Thaumanova Explosion=Kralkatorrik Awakening ?

in Lore

Posted by: Thund.2795

Thund.2795

Q:

When did the thaumanova reactor explode? Can be linked the two events? Maybe these have taken place in the same period of time..

I wrote a theory about the Scarlet’s plan but now I’m having doubts about this ..

in Lore

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

We can’t tell exactly the time when Thaumanova exploded, but both events aren’t co-related, we only know it was in a recent history.
In the Edge of Destiny book you can find much more info about the events of the Kralkatorrik awakening, including when, where and what happened.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Kralkatorrik awoke in 1320. The game is in 1325, and dialogue suggests that it was within the last year if not within the last couple months.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Kralkatorrik awoke in 1320. The game is in 1325, and dialogue suggests that it was within the last year if not within the last couple months.

Which dialogue? Can you quote please?

in Lore

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Thaumanova Reactor is way too far from Ascalon. . . Kralkatorrik would not come close to Maguuma because Mordremoth kind of ‘owns’ that territory.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Thaumanova Reactor is way too far from Ascalon. . . Kralkatorrik would not come close to Maguuma because Mordremoth kind of ‘owns’ that territory.

That’s poor reasoning (the last part of your sentence) considering the amount of Risen you can find along the tarnished coast… But of course it is rather far from Kralk’s point of awakening and from his flight path.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Which dialogue? Can you quote please?

Mainly at the survivor refugee camp SE of Thaumanova. But pretty much everything about the Thaumanova area shows “this is very recent.”

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Thund.2795

So the event is recent, but you don’t know when it happened so it can even be close (time is relative without a date). Maybe when the thaumanova reactor exploded, since it was located in the “chaos leyline”, the release of its energy has caused a chain reaction or simply has accelerated kralkatorrik’s awakening like a catalyst. I’m not saying that they happened at the same time but that these are connected.

If so maybe the awakening of the elder dragons is always related to some other event that changes the balance of magic in the world. Perhaps the events of the sorrow’s furnace have awakened Primordus, or maybe (I’m assuming) Livia with the scepter of Orr has triggered something that caused the rise of Zhaitan..

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

There are still quite a few wounded survivors encamped outside the reactor. They would not still be there if their wounds were so serious that they took five years and still had not healed. Furthermore, all the mentions in the Rata Sum ambient dialogue are as of a recent event- “Have you heard?” and “What will happen?” and “Who is responsible?” Altogether, I’d say that paints a picture of weeks, not months, and most certainly not years.

Being close is irrelevant. You are arguing for some form of causation, and that would require the Thaumanova disaster to occur before Kralkatorrik’s awakening, which is simply not borne out by the game.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

in Lore

Thund.2795

The Crucible of Eternity (abbreviated CoE) is the central area of an Inquest research facility, the Infinite Coil Reactor. It was made after the Thaumanova Reactor exploded from the Inquest’s experiments on chaos magic.

So how long does it take to make a new Inquest research facility? The thaumanova reactor exploded before the building of CoE, and I don’t think the Inquest have built it only in a few months.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Infinite Coil Reactor is actually still under construction. And it shoudl be kept in mind that time passes as you go to higher zones – the standard dynamic events of Queensdale and Kessex Hills are not occuring at the same time that the Seraph army are taking the fight to the Ulgoth. Nor are the events in Plains of Ashford/Diessa Plateau taking place at the same time as forces are pushing back the Flame Legion in Fireheart Rise.

Several weeks if not months pass between the events of Metrica Province and Mount Maelstrom. So there’d be even that much longer time between Thaumanova’s explosion and Infinity Coil Reactor’s incomplete construction that we see done.

And given the instability of the reactor (CoE dungeon, particularly story), I wouldn’t doubt that they rushed it.

Plus, keep in mind that the Inquest have lots of resources and manual labor (in the form of golems) as well as magic to help construction. Construction by asura is much faster than your construction in modern times (especially compared to pay-by-the-hour construction, having worked with unions who pay by the hour, I know first hand folks like to sit on their kitten s as much as possible to lengthen the amount of pay they get).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Thund.2795

After this Living Story, I begin to really believe that there is a connection! What do you think?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Thaumanova blew up fairly recently before the personal story which was in 1325. Kralkatorrik woke up 5 years before Thaumanova exploded. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Thaumanova may have led to Zhaitan’s sudden assault on Lion’s Arch, however. But no way to really prove this.

Dear ANet writers,