The 6th Elder Dragon - Mordremoth

in Lore

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

Hello!

As a fresh member of the game, the lore the games offered really interested me! So, after searching the internet on this topic, I found out that besides the 5 original dragons, a 6th one might be in the make…

To quote the official Wikia:

The jungle dragon, referred to as Mordremoth, is mentioned in ancient texts unearthed by the Durmand Priory. This dragon has not yet been observed to have any noticeable impact on the world. As such, its state is unknown and information about the Elder Dragon is highly limited, leaving most of which can only be speculated. Colin Johanson mentions the Maguuma Jungle in reference to this dragon.

Now this really triggered my interest!

Do you think this dragon will enter the gaming world soon?

Personally, I think this dragon will be the focus of the next expansion pack of GW2, opening the Maguuma area for exploration.

Thanks for reading!

in Lore

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

People see the dragons as main ‘lore’. It’s happening.

I hope he enters the game soon btw. Somehow with all dragons doing a deathmatch over Rata Sum, then kill each other off, and destroying the asura city in the progress along with all their mega-lasers.

Also, ArenaNet continues their combo of terribad decisions and are at the point where GW2 will have Living Story and not expansions.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in Lore

Derigar.7810

I hope he enters the game soon btw. Somehow with all dragons doing a deathmatch over Rata Sum, then kill each other off, and destroying the asura city in the progress along with all their mega-lasers.

Also, ArenaNet continues their combo of terribad decisions and are at the point where GW2 will have Living Story and not expansions.

As for the expansion back, I am using this as evidence:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/guild-wars-2-expansion-coming/

Also, could you please explain what you meant with terribad decisions? I’m relatively new, and I’m sorry for asking. I should’ve lurked more!

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think it is unlikely we’ll see Mordremoth soon. He is currently believed to still be asleep, and there are other Elder Dragons that are awake, are actively attacking us, and are really nearby.

Jormag, Kralkatorrik and Primordus are the most likely candidates for future dragons. I’m personally hoping for Jormag. No one really knows where Kralkatorrik and Primordus are exactly. Just thought I’d mention that.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: larkenbsmith.1693

larkenbsmith.1693

I thought Kralkatorrik was on the border of Elona and Ascalon? Destiny’s Edge fought him.

I honestly can’t decide about what content could be in the first expansion; I thought for a while that they might do content backwards to the progression of GW1 ie Cantha last (which I still think is likely) but they might just open up more of the Tyrian map. I’m keen to explore Janthir. But I digress.

That said, Mordremoth is unlikely to show up soon. It makes no sense to announce five dragons, deal with one, then ignore the other four for a long while afterwards.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I thought Kralkatorrik was on the border of Elona and Ascalon? Destiny’s Edge fought him.

All we know is that he flew off in the direction of the Crystal Desert. But we don’t know if he stayed there. He could have moved further south, or further east. He might not even be in the desert any more. And the Dragon Brand seems to be something he can decide to create (or not), so it is no indication of where he currently resides.

Of Primordus, we know he’s underground. That’s it. Last time we saw him (250 years ago) he was sleeping in the central transfer chamber deep below the Far Shiverpeaks. But it is unlikely he stayed there, especially now that Jormag has claimed this area topside. Destroyers are popping up all over Tyria, so he seems to be spreading his influence, and has most likely moved.

Considering the interactions we’ve had with other Elder Dragons (The Norn being driven away by Jormag, Destiny’s Edge fighting Kralkatorrik’s champion in the books) those two are very likely candidates. Of Mordremoth, we don’t even know here he is. Many of us assume the Maguuma Jungle. But we haven’t even seen any of his minions yet (as far as we know). Unless some existing GW2 enemies turn out to be Mordremoth’s minions (Like the Jungle Wurm in Caledon Forest, Death Blossoms, Nightmare Husks or Nightmare Hounds).

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Lore

Derigar.7810

Hmm, I think both of you have a fair point. But why all these hints and teasers about a 6th dragon?

Also, do you think we might see new races & professions with an expansion pack?

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

As for the expansion back, I am using this as evidence:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/guild-wars-2-expansion-coming/

Also, could you please explain what you meant with terribad decisions? I’m relatively new, and I’m sorry for asking. I should’ve lurked more!

Colin keeps telling there are no plans for expansions, he did so even yesterday on the forum. So it’s interesting. They get enough income from quaggan hats.

Under bad decisoins: they took over nothing from GW1, often did the exact opposite. Just look at how hundreads are mad on the forums and many thousand in-game about the birthday gift, as they couldn’t even take this from GW1.

I’d say PvE is on the right track, but living story is still an awful story.

But Pvp is a joke. 90% of the GW1 Pvp veterans left some days after launch and Anet still refuses to admit GW1 players ever existed.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

Hmm, I think both of you have a fair point. But why all these hints and teasers about a 6th dragon?

ArenaNet is the master of making unfinished or teased story pots that sometimes never play out Btw this is a great strategy, because wherever they look, they can continues many stories.

If we look only at Kryta: ministers against the crown, Mursaat and white mantle, Wizard Tower, Dominion of Winds, Centaur war.

I think an expansion will likely focus on the Tengu of the Dominion of Winds, with the Tengu a new playable race, and maybe a new profession with it, the dervish.

Many say that Dervishes are tied to human gods, but that can be changed easily. They are also wind/earth element users in a different ways than elementalists. For example elementalist earth magic focuses on tanky/damage dealer setup using the earth itself, while dervishes used it to heal and control the battle with blocking/ crippling bleeding (in this aspect a bit similar to elementalists) + used mostly the thorns branching from the ground.

Also they used Wind and Earth prayers, not the elemnts directly. And they had a scythe. Scythe is abdass.

I could imagine a Tengu dervish using Wind.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’m not sure if that is intentional. On the whole, most of the focus in PVE is on the other dragons. There is very little mention of Mordremoth at all. He’s never even mentioned by name, unless you pay attention to one of Subject Alpha’s skill names (and you have to switch on the damage monitor for that). But the lore community has been kicking up quite a storm when they found out about it. And all sort of people have been jumping all over it ever since (especially thanks to Wooden Potatoes and his videos). The Thaumanova reactor also was a reason to once again bring up this sixth dragon.

That is very unlikely. Currently it is unclear how Anet intends to expand the game. Will they be free updates, or expansion packs? We don’t know. I don’t know if they’ve reached a conclusion about it. Devs have stated contradicting things, from “no” to “maybe” to “we’re still discussing that”.

Will we see new races and professions? Unlikely. At least for the near future. More likely they’ll expand the skill sets of the existing professions first. There’s a still a lot of balancing to be done for the professions that we currently have, with lots of traits not working properly. To introduce a new profession now, would make things even more complicated for them. So I doubt they’d do it. That doesn’t mean they’ll never do it.

New races? Probably not. We already have plenty of races. And a lot of the lesser races that we see in the game are fluff. They are ambient creatures, and were never intended to be played. Creatures such as the Tengu, Hylek, Skritt and Quaggans are probably not very suitable as playable characters. Tengu might work, but the others are just too different from the human template to be viable. It would be a ton of extra work to make armors for them too.

in Lore

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

New races? Probably not. We already have plenty of races. And a lot of the lesser races that we see in the game are fluff. They are ambient creatures, and were never intended to be played. Creatures such as the Tengu, Hylek, Skritt and Quaggans are probably not very suitable as playable characters. Tengu might work, but the others are just too different from the human template to be viable. It would be a ton of extra work to make armors for them too.

There are the Kodan as well, it seems like they wouldn’t be to hard to put norn style armor on. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kodan They aren’t too far from the current races of the game build wise. They are kinda like a mix of Norn and Charr in the way they live, with their own stuff added of course.

The Legion Calls

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I agree, Kodan could work. And if combined with the Far Shiverpeaks, they could even add more Kodan settlements in the game. I don’t think it’s likely that we’ll see a new race any time soon. But both Tengu and Kodan are viable choices. And maybe the Largos.

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Colin keeps telling there are no plans for expansions, he did so even yesterday on the forum. So it’s interesting.

I think it would be possible to add a dragon without having to specifically call it an expansion via a permanent “bridging living story” – similar to what they did with Scarlet’s Playground and getting back into the pavilion. Given that there is Mordremoth concept art it seems like they have plans, if not a bridging living story, something else.

As for an actual expansion: agreed – not gonna happen. They have made it incredibly clear.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Any existing Mordremoth concept art is from 2007 or so by Kekai Kotaki, all unused in the end and were just early drafts of what the Elder Dragons could be looking like.

The living story has been stated to focus on the “personal nemesis” (so despite their claim of a living world, it isn’t), so it’s unlikely to ever devulge away from Scarlet for a long long time. They’ll be losing players before they decide to kill Scarlet off, I feel.

An actual expansion may still occur – when they see that their plans for a living story will utterly fail. Because quite honestly, they’re robbing new players of an experience – if they ever do succeed at making Scarlet a “personal” nemesis, then it will be through one or a few months’ content. That content passes, while old players have a reason to hate Scarlet and Scarlet to hate old players, new players get nothing.

They had a chance to make the living story work – with making the instances permanent additions on top of the Personal Story perhaps – but they screwed up. They’ll be doing something new before the end of next year, if they’re not too stubborn.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

if they’re not too stubborn.

Bury it.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

I agree, Kodan could work. And if combined with the Far Shiverpeaks, they could even add more Kodan settlements in the game. I don’t think it’s likely that we’ll see a new race any time soon. But both Tengu and Kodan are viable choices. And maybe the Largos.

I don’t want to turn this to be the 3287476237856237th kodan-largos-Tengu playable race thread. But only Tengu got chances and maybe, mabye the largos.

But considering how the Largos alienate themselves from other races and only 5-6 of them makes contact with us, many of them hunting down playable races for challange + almost everyone hates underwater combat, their whole playfield would be a big big fail.

Kodan: basically spiritual bear-mans, similar to norns, however their mentality is different. But they don’t work for the same reason as dwarves don’t work: too similar to the Norn and share the same landscape. Having 2 almost exactly same starter areas with almost same inhabitants.. dull.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Derigar.7810

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t want to make an expansion pack, though. It only means more profits for them, and a big chance to fix a lot of issues.

in Lore

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I think the expansion will be in the direction of Jormag first. However in that expansion, I imagine they will actually begin to introduce either the DSD or Mordremoth to a higher degree, such as real minions, maybe a dragon boss (just as we have Shatterer, CoJ, Sunless, ect). If you go to frostgorge sound, the pact is pretty settled up there, more so than anywhere else barring Orr.

Reiterating what Konig said, I have to say they really did take LS and stick where it’s sunless because honestly. The concept had a lot of potential. That’s one thing I don’t like about GW2. There’s all the good potential ideas and paths, and things they could do, and yet half the stuff they do is just strangely bad. But I’m not going to go into anything beyond lore seeing as, this IS the lore forum.

I ? Karkas.

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

Btw, if expansion. The reason why we couldn’t go to the ocean was Zhaitan. He is gone. Basically, route to Cantha and Elona are open. Elona is closer, and if they could aid the living in rebelling against undeads and attack Kralkatorrik from 2 sides would work.

Or recruit.. Palawa >_> The OoW wouldn’ like that, however.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Btw, if expansion. The reason why we couldn’t go to the ocean was Zhaitan. He is gone. Basically, route to Cantha and Elona are open. Elona is closer, and if they could aid the living in rebelling against undeads and attack Kralkatorrik from 2 sides would work.

I would like to contest that with the existence of the DSD. Sure, Zhaitan’s navy are grounded, but you still have the critters of the deep.

I ? Karkas.

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

I would like to contest that with the existence of the DSD. Sure, Zhaitan’s navy are grounded, but you still have the critters of the deep.

We don’t even know where that dragon is. And the Ocean is a lot bigger than any other dragon’s territory, maybe 1 out of 10 ships will disapper, big thing.

For Elona you would just have to follow the coastline.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Seven Star Stalker.1740

We don’t even know where that dragon is. And the Ocean is a lot bigger than any other dragon’s territory, maybe 1 out of 10 ships will disapper, big thing.

For Elona by essential principal, you can just walk there really. It’s Cantha that’s the problem. And there’s the thing. As long as the DSD is there, all we know is the ocean is a risky place.

I ? Karkas.

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

But only Tengu got chances and maybe

Geographically they are in the perfect starting position for starter zones (right next to Caledon forest, a 1 – 15 area), maybe ANet ran out of time and that’s why they walled themselves in? I still doubt it though, a new playable race is smack-bang in the middle of expansion territory.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

For Elona by essential principal, you can just walk there really. It’s Cantha that’s the problem. And there’s the thing. As long as the DSD is there, all we know is the ocean is a risky place.

You can’t walk to Elona because of Palawa and Kralky. However, I think eastern-kourna has the highest human population atm, which can be approached by ship.

And again, what if that dragon is in the western-region of the Ocean, far away from old trade routes? Also, after defeating Zhaitan, Eir sorts the next possible targets – DSD isn’t among them. Maybe they don’t even know he exists and is only a speculation by Priory scholars.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

But only Tengu got chances and maybe

Geographically they are in the perfect starting position for starter zones (right next to Caledon forest, a 1 – 15 area), maybe ANet ran out of time and that’s why they walled themselves in? I still doubt it though, a new playable race is smack-bang in the middle of expansion territory.

Somewhere it was stated that there are Tengu in the maguuma Jungle. So we may have a portal there from the Dominion or something to bridge the gap.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Seven Star Stalker.1740

You can’t walk to Elona because of Palawa and Kralky. However, I think eastern-kourna has the highest human population atm, which can be approached by ship.

And again, what if that dragon is in the western-region of the Ocean, far away from old trade routes? Also, after defeating Zhaitan, Eir sorts the next possible targets – DSD isn’t among them. Maybe they don’t even know he exists and is only a speculation by Priory scholars.

That’s why I said essential principal. Can you actually go walking to Elona? Maybe, maybe not. But in terms of if everything was rosey and green. You could eventually make your way there, assuming you’re willing to actually do so. That said,as you mentioned, we can’t.

In terms of the next dragon, honestly, I’d be surprised if they did anyone but Jormag. However in doing that, obviously they’d reveal a bit more content. It’s highly possible that whilst the main dragon we fight next is Jormag, we may see the minions of Mordremoth and DSD popping up in the world. That’s all I really said in my original post >>;

I ? Karkas.

in Lore

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

Any existing Mordremoth concept art is from 2007 or so by Kekai Kotaki, all unused in the end and were just early drafts of what the Elder Dragons could be looking like.

The living story has been stated to focus on the “personal nemesis” (so despite their claim of a living world, it isn’t), so it’s unlikely to ever devulge away from Scarlet for a long long time. They’ll be losing players before they decide to kill Scarlet off, I feel.

An actual expansion may still occur – when they see that their plans for a living story will utterly fail. Because quite honestly, they’re robbing new players of an experience – if they ever do succeed at making Scarlet a “personal” nemesis, then it will be through one or a few months’ content. That content passes, while old players have a reason to hate Scarlet and Scarlet to hate old players, new players get nothing.

They had a chance to make the living story work – with making the instances permanent additions on top of the Personal Story perhaps – but they screwed up. They’ll be doing something new before the end of next year, if they’re not too stubborn.

It is sad to read such a bitter post from you, Konig. You used to love this game.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t want to turn this to be the 3287476237856237th kodan-largos-Tengu playable race thread. But only Tengu got chances and maybe, mabye the largos.

Congrats, you did.

But considering how the Largos alienate themselves from other races and only 5-6 of them makes contact with us

They aren’t alienating, they just don’t live in large numbers nearby. Unlike the quaggans, krait, and karka, the largos seem to be mainly still situated in the Unending Ocean. That’s not alienation.

It’d be like saying Japan alienates itself because there aren’t many Japanese in, I dunno, India.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Movement_of_the_World#Cantha

“Sporadic sailors have washed ashore on the southern coast of the Maguuma jungles, but that is the only evidence that Cantha even exists past the cataclysmic event that cut it off from Tyria.”

The presence of sporadic sailors imply that Cantha’s attempting contact with Tyria. If Zhaitan was the only threat in the way, they’d probably be risen not merely sporadic – and on top of that, they’d now be showing up on our doorstep. It seems highly likely the DSD’s influence stretches to between Cantha and Tyria.

Somewhere it was stated that there are Tengu in the maguuma Jungle.

Art of GW2 book.

It is sad to read such a bitter post from you, Konig. You used to love this game.

And it’s really hard to make me to stop loving something. Honestly, it’s just the Living Story that’s post-April that I dislike.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

And it’s really hard to make me to stop loving something. Honestly, it’s just the Living Story that’s post-April that I dislike.

I was talking to a guildy the other day and he was telling me about how he feels the living story is not strong enough. That more dramatic things should be happening.
The way I see it, from flame&frost and forward it’s all been just a large introduction to the aetherblade plot and now that we have a face on top(or nearly on top) of the organization, that plot may develop. We’re seeing the tip of the iceberg.
I get that this might feel a bit slow, but I don’t see how’s that loathable.

Cheer up, Konig.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I would like to disagree with your guildie. What we need isn’t more drama, but more development. And less flat, and worse self-contradictory, characters like Ceara.

We also need more time for the living story updates, for ArenaNet to stop calling it a living world because it is, and for the instances from day 1 to be available permanently (dungeons too) so that the new players won’t get lost in the nether and go “okay, why is Scarlet hated/after me/evil” in a few months when all this here and now can only be gleaned via second-hand posts.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

I would like to disagree with your guildie. What we need isn’t more drama, but more development. And less flat, and worse self-contradictory, characters like Ceara.

We also need more time for the living story updates, for ArenaNet to stop calling it a living world because it is, and for the instances from day 1 to be available permanently (dungeons too) so that the new players won’t get lost in the nether and go “okay, why is Scarlet hated/after me/evil” in a few months when all this here and now can only be gleaned via second-hand posts.

I think they’re going to make the aetherblade and flame&frost dungeons fractals. I guess that in the future we will be able to go to fractals of the mists to remember significant past events in the living story. If they do a fractal about scarlet and it is explanatory enough, the new players could relate to that. Not to mention that would mean that we would have a hell of a lot fractals in the future.

For me, that’s enough. But I can understand if it isn’t to someone else. Is that enough for you, Konig?

(edited by Ludovicus.7980)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The problem with that is that for new players, such fractals would be important to understanding the plot. In turn, fractals are for high end players overall, and more importantly, are random. So most new players aren’t likely to actually see such storylines until well after they’ve witnessed later on things – the story of Ceara will be out of order, like reading chapter 15, 10, 3, 8, 7, 5, 6, 12, 2, 1, 13, 3, 9, 11, and 14 of a book in that order. The plot’s all discombobulated.

For my experience, I’m golden. You too. Everyone else here, more or less, same thing. But new players can and probably will get confused (I mean, exactly how many players out there are only able to keep up with the LS’s plot thanks to WP videos? And how many more players out there have troubles following the lore due to how Anet shows it? Too many, IMO.).

To us, there’s little problem. To others, there are/can be.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Ludovicus.7980

The problem with that is that for new players, such fractals would be important to understanding the plot. In turn, fractals are for high end players overall, and more importantly, are random. So most new players aren’t likely to actually see such storylines until well after they’ve witnessed later on things – the story of Ceara will be out of order, like reading chapter 15, 10, 3, 8, 7, 5, 6, 12, 2, 1, 13, 3, 9, 11, and 14 of a book in that order. The plot’s all discombobulated.

For my experience, I’m golden. You too. Everyone else here, more or less, same thing. But new players can and probably will get confused (I mean, exactly how many players out there are only able to keep up with the LS’s plot thanks to WP videos? And how many more players out there have troubles following the lore due to how Anet shows it? Too many, IMO.).

To us, there’s little problem. To others, there are/can be.

I see how that can be a problem, but based on my experience that’s not a big issue. When we started playing GW2 we had to keep up to 250 years of history. Char being friend of humanity, plant people everywhere. Tyria(the continent) being cut out of the world.

There was lot of history that wasn’t out there but we were seeing the consequences of it, like logan+rytlock bromance.

As someone that hadn’t red the books at the time it wasn’t such a big issue for me to enter a world in progress. It felt just natural.

I’ve been enjoying the living story since it started back in last Halloween(and yes, I consider mad king’s thorn story part of the game’s plot). But I would have no problem joining it late or even skipping a chapter or two. It wouldn’t ruin the game for me. I’ve been there at every update just because I enjoy them. That and because I’m an achievement horse, lol.

About chapter disorder… have you seen pulp fiction, memento or cloud atlas?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

GW2’s initial state (as well as Thorn’s story) was designed for with the mentality of those who didn’t play GW1 or read the books to get into and understand (be it both or just one of those two). The Living Story… I’m doubtful, since it’d be like joining up with the Pact without seeing Claw Island. Unless they do manage to write it in such a way to prevent this, but honestly, if they really want a personal nemesis who isn’t personal just by who it is but rather being personal because of actions, then those actions will come… and they will go.

I have seen Cloud Atlas – rather recently, in fact. But I wouldn’t call that chapter disorder so much as telling multiple stories simultaneously (bit by bit). A GW2 comparison would be to take a break at Forging the Pact to do a story mode dungeon, then go and do some Frostgorge Sound stuff, then returning to the PS. There’s no disorder… just multiple stories that end up being related in the end (Arah).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Gandarel.5091

What we need back is what made GW1 lore awesome: plot & politics. Adelbern and the royalists, White Mantle propaganda and Salma, the fragile Istan-Kourna-Vabbi-Sunspear relation, the Canthan Ministries (the best is how Winds of Change branched out, I just loved the twist that we were helping a noble cause that zealots will take further and actually we will be the outcasts, make changes to the Canthan gangs and even recruit some members).

The problem with GW2 is that it’s too easy to read. When a new character appears in the story, you know that if that one is evil or not, from the first moment. There aren’t complicated reasons, just pure good vs plain bad guys.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Lore

Derigar.7810

To be honest, as a new member I have to say I’m clueless to what this “living story” is all about. I have no idea where to start on catching up, as in-game there is little mention of it.

Only recently, there was some kind of invasion? Why? I don’t know why this “scarlet” is doing all this stuff.
I find that really sad, as I love to read/follow a good story. But in this case, I can’t follow.

For now, I’ll stick to my personal story and see what’ll happen to this “living story”.

in Lore

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

That Gamebreaker article, I’d like to point out, is from quite some time before Mike Z said they were aiming at LS instead of an expansion, and Colin then said they were still deciding how to release content.

An expansion is looking less likely than that article makes out, essentially. If it’s LS all the way, then… well, I can’t see any more dragons being introduced for years.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

To be honest, as a new member I have to say I’m clueless to what this “living story” is all about. I have no idea where to start on catching up, as in-game there is little mention of it.

Only recently, there was some kind of invasion? Why? I don’t know why this “scarlet” is doing all this stuff.
I find that really sad, as I love to read/follow a good story. But in this case, I can’t follow.

For now, I’ll stick to my personal story and see what’ll happen to this “living story”.

Case in point.

An expansion is looking less likely than that article makes out, essentially. If it’s LS all the way, then… well, I can’t see any more dragons being introduced for years.

I don’t expect to see anything unrelated (directly or indirectly) to Scarlet except for “breaks” like Secret of Southsun/Bazaar of the Four Winds/SAB for years if we’re given only LS and no expansion.

Unless they have a fifth “living story” team hidden in the nether they refuse to talk about, with Jeff Grubb and Ree Soesbee working with them, to produce an expansion-level living story chapter.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Derigar.7810

Hello!

As a fresh member of the game, the lore the games offered really interested me! So, after searching the internet on this topic, I found out that besides the 5 original dragons, a 6th one might be in the make…

To quote the official Wikia:

The jungle dragon, referred to as Mordremoth, is mentioned in ancient texts unearthed by the Durmand Priory. This dragon has not yet been observed to have any noticeable impact on the world. As such, its state is unknown and information about the Elder Dragon is highly limited, leaving most of which can only be speculated. Colin Johanson mentions the Maguuma Jungle in reference to this dragon.

Now this really triggered my interest!

Do you think this dragon will enter the gaming world soon?

Personally, I think this dragon will be the focus of the next expansion pack of GW2, opening the Maguuma area for exploration.

Thanks for reading!

Holy kitten. Sorry if I bumped this, but… Holy kitten.

in Lore

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Derigar, please make a post saying you think we’re going to Elona next. I want to go to Elona next.