The Ley-line Anomaly

The Ley-line Anomaly

in Lore

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

So could there be a reason or is it just a coincidence that the newly added Ley-Line Anomaly pretty much looks the same as the Anomaly from the Thaumanova Reactor fractal?
There the reactor overloaded and blew up due to unstable dragon energies or such, so the massive concentration of ley-line energy could maybe have a similar result.
(Don’t tell me a map is gonna get blown up again)

The Ley-line Anomaly

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I imagine there is a definite reason and a connection between the two since we have similar scenarios in terms of what occurred with overloaded/unstable/excess ley magic.

Konig had an interesting theory here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/When-All-Elder-Dragons-are-Dead/first#post6223574

The Ley-line Anomaly

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Thaumanova Reactor was built atop of a ley line and what we saw was a chaotic surge of magical energies like we are seeing now – we’re basically seeing similar reactions going on, though from different causes (Thaumanova = chaos and dragon magic mixing atop of ley line; Ley Lines = overflow of magic).

If I’m correct, the Ley-Line Anomalies explode if left alone/gather too much magic, so in theory the failure of letting them absorb too much magic could be duplicating the Thaumanova Reactor explosion – though with less chaos magic involved (thus no teleporting, rivers running upward, air full of underwater bubbles, drastically different harsh environments adjacent to while unaffecting each other, etc).

But if it’s controlled in how much magic is absorbed, then – see the link Randulf gave. TL;DR: how djinn come to be is the theory.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

The Ley-line Anomaly

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Ah man, I was looking forward to an upside down Lake Gendarr…