The Mystic Telescope

The Mystic Telescope

in Lore

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

I was looking on the wiki for info on mordremoth and there was a picture of a new constellation forming supposedly it was to herald the arrival of a new dragon, what IS the mystic telescope?

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

The Mystic Telescope

in Lore

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

From what I can remember it is a telescope the Jotun used. It is located in Arah. You can actually look through it if you do the Jotun path of the dungeon.

Hjorje

The Mystic Telescope

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Mystic Telescope is an ancient jotun device they used to study the stars. They were able to determine that by studying the stars one can predict when the Elder Dragons rose. After the last Elder Dragon rise and the Six Gods’ arrival on the world, they took the Mystic Telescope and other ancient magics to Arah for study. Apparently, when an Elder Dragon rises from slumber a new star is formed, and the Mystic Telescope is what the jotun used to see this happening.

As Hjorje said, during the jotun path of the Arah explorable dungeon, you can interact with the telescope and witness a cinematic showing what appears to be the formation of a new star – what the picture you refer to is from – presuming the instance leader doesn’t leave before you can (happened with me ~_~ so I never got a chance to see the cinematic itself except via Youtube).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

The Mystic Telescope

in Lore

Getefix.9150

thanks for the info i dont really get a chance to do arah exp, every time i try i always either run out of time or party decides to quit cause of mr giant wolf

The Mystic Telescope

in Lore

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

thanks for the info i dont really get a chance to do arah exp, every time i try i always either run out of time or party decides to quit cause of mr giant wolf

Though not lore related, there are four things important when doing arah xp mode.
a: time – for an unexperienced group you have to keep in mind that it can take up to three hours (more for path 4).
b: get an experienced guide. Having someone with you who knows the tricks and what to do is a great bonus.
c: Have an experienced party. Make Arah the last dungeon-paths you do
d: all should have minimum exotic gear. In other dungeosn you can do without, but in Arah it can make the difference.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

The Mystic Telescope

in Lore

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Though not lore related, there are four things important when doing arah xp mode.
a: time – for an unexperienced group you have to keep in mind that it can take up to three hours (more for path 4).
b: get an experienced guide. Having someone with you who knows the tricks and what to do is a great bonus.
c: Have an experienced party. Make Arah the last dungeon-paths you do
d: all should have minimum exotic gear. In other dungeosn you can do without, but in Arah it can make the difference.

And you’ll need more of A for every lack in B, C, or D. (And possibly more E – money for armor repairs.)

Arah p2 was the first ‘real’ dungeon I did, before then I’d only done the Molten Facility. Luckily I was with an experienced but understanding guild group but it took us slightly more than 4 hours. Good thing it was a Saturday.

(Annoyingly I then made the mistake of deciding I wanted the longbow, so now I need to find time to do it another 5-6 times.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

The Mystic Telescope

in Lore

Getefix.9150

i liked the look of the heavy armor set, then they changed it so little chests cant be farmed… bye bye hopes and dreams… oh well now I’m working toward emperor, I’ll be welcomed in cantha methinks…. welcomed or shunned, either or

The Mystic Telescope

in Lore

Posted by: Notso.8710

Notso.8710

That could be related to the tengu as well. Talon Silverwing said this in gw1:

“My people tell tales of the day when we will be free, when our lands will be revealed by a heavenly star and rise. When that day comes, human, only then will our races live in peace.”