The Ravine & Broken Bridge in Brisban Wildlands

in Lore

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

So, anyone have any speculation as to what is through the portal across that Ravine in the north of Brisban Wildlands?

Also, as of the beginning of this week, it appears there are now Bandit Engineers working to repair the bridge. They weren’t there before when I went and tried to find a way across but now they’ve set up camp and are working on it.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

INteresting….Obvious answer would be it’s Lost Shores related, but the positioning makes no sense…

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Unless ArenaNet’s already thinking of more expansions past that, man these guys might make it so we’re barely able to keep up with free new content!

in Lore

Posted by: Corporal Coward.4721

Corporal Coward.4721

So, anyone have any speculation as to what is through the portal across that Ravine in the north of Brisban Wildlands?

Also, as of the beginning of this week, it appears there are now Bandit Engineers working to repair the bridge. They weren’t there before when I went and tried to find a way across but now they’ve set up camp and are working on it.

No that was always there I’m pretty sure. I spent like 2 days trying to get to that portal.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yeah those Engineers have always been there. I was in Brisban Wildlands very soon after release and one of them used a knockback and I went flying off the broken bit of the bridge that she had been hammering away at…. >.>

I’m just going to assume that they’ve put it there as an entrance to a new zone that they will release with later expansions. I’m pretty sure I’ve actually come across a few inaccessible portals before as well as this one. So hopefully this means a lot more content along the line

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Unless ArenaNet’s already thinking of more expansions past that, man these guys might make it so we’re barely able to keep up with free new content!

There are at least five paths that lead into unreachable areas, with a possible sixth. Caledon Forest leading to the Dominion of Winds, Sparkfly Fen leading into the Sea of Sorrows, Brisban Wildlands leading into the Maguuma Wastes, Mount Maelstrom leading into the Crystal Desert/Deldrimor Front, and Fields of Ruin leading into the Crystal Desert, with the possible being in Frostgorge Sound leading to the Far Shiverpeaks.

The only one with an actual visible zone portal circle is in Brisban though.

These are all probably just paths Anet added then blocked off because they want or think they’ll want to add content going into those places (every location has potential content). Or they’re like the blocked off portals seen in Nightfall – I recall two at least – which were there for lore purposes telling us “there’s a means through there, but you can’t access it” (one being a secluded closed door in Barbarous Shore, which we were told by a dev led to a smuggling route into Vabbi used by corsairs).

As others said though, the Bandit Engineers have been there since beta.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

There’s also that massive huge whole in Divinity’s Reach. There’s also the Seraph’s Landing way point in the North East of Harathi Hinterlands, which is rather due East of Divinity’s Reach. Given that there’s only a bit of water between the two areas, it’d make sense to have an expansion that could connect the two. Who knows, given the Agony effect that’s coming out and the fact that the Mursaat are up on the Isle of Janthir, perhaps the Lost Shores stuff will be to the North of Divinity’s Reach.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

1) The space between Divinity’s Reach and Harathi Hinterland – specifically, that body of water is Lake Doric – is far too small for an explorable zone.
2) Nothing says the Isles of Janthir are related to mursaat (Eye of Janthir, yes, and said to be inhabited by people with the Gift of True Sight, but mursaat are never said to have said Gift), despite popular belief, and nothing more says that Agony is related to mursaat, despite similar naming system with Infusion and Agony, and lastly, only one known mursaat still lives – his location and state is 100% unknown.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

I do want to point out though that there is a pathway and a blocked off portal area leading to the territory between Divinity’s and Harathi. This pathway is just as obvious as any other, and who knows, maybe they’ll create a territory that isn’t a box in order for it to fit well.

in Lore

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

In all the times I’ve gone there to check that Ravine, that was the first time I ever encountered those Bandits and their camp. Well, regardless, I want across that Ravine!

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’ve never seen such a pathway, unless you are referring to the one from Ruins of Holy Demeter which heads towards Caudecus’ Manor (quite literally, as the distance is very minimal when you’re actually within Caudecus’ Manor to the “Hidden Path” area). In which case, I cannot see that leading to a new zone. It feels more like a hidden hint to further the ties between Caudecus and the bandits.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Yeah, the pathway that I saw was in Dementra, and went into the land between Harathi and Divinity’s, though it could easily have arched south and gone straight into Beetlestone Estate if they wanted it to. Still, I want to point out that the territory between Harathi Hinterlands and Divinity’s Reach is really no narrower than Lornar’s Pass was, so it’s ridiculous to say that ArenaNet couldn’t put a territory in there when they already have done something similar.

(edited by Narcemus.1348)

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You know, most of that would have been north of the Henge of Denravi and a lot of that was just wilderness . . . except the place where the Bloodstone rests.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

The bloodstone is much further west than Brisban Wildlands. I mean the top right hand corner is roughly where the old Druid’s Outlook outpost was.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Narcemus, it’s easily to see that it leads to Caudecus’ Manor while within the dungeon itself – if you overlap the dungeon map with the world map, they line up perfectly in shape (unlike Honor of the Waves or Crucible of Eternity), and it puts the “Separatist Hideout” spot where Mia is taken in story mode very close to the path from Demetra. It looks like the path would lead to that sliver of land between DR and Harathi Hinterlands, but because the dungeon goes further north than what’s unfoggable on the world map, it actually does go to the dungeon (which technically goes into that sliver of unfoggable map).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: DukeArcturus.1473

DukeArcturus.1473

I made it to the other side but there is an invisible wall preventing me from jumping down or getting too close to the portal. I also went behind the bandit fort where there is a portal as well and an Asura gate too (possibly Inquest?) When I went for a closer look at the Asura gate one of the bandit champions killed me in one shot. Couldn’t go through the portal in the bandit fort though. Not sure about the Asura gate.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: ichal.9504

ichal.9504

I tried to go to the asura gate but it is not a working gate

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Heh, I see I wasn’t the only one curious about where that portal leads. It’s probably a placeholder for future content (like Fort Vandal in the W part of the same map, with the 10+ level 80 Champion guards).

in Lore

Posted by: Just Paul.6234

Just Paul.6234

An update to this – with the HoT expansion, you can now glide to the north side of the bridge. Then you hit the invisible wall and cannot go further north.

in Lore

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This was one of the first places I tried gliding. I knew you wouldn’t actually be able to get through the portal but I wanted to at least reach it.

I hope they do add to this, and some of the other locked off paths, in future, as they did with the zone portal in the back of Fort Vandal leading into Silverwastes.

The one that bothers me most is the area between Southsun and Sparkfly Fen. It’s not a big area but it bothers me because it’s possible to swim across from Pearl Islet to the coat of the mainland, and from there the only thing stopping you is an invisible wall. From Sparkfly Fen there’s a road blocked off with a huge rock. It’s frustrating to get so close and have such minor barriers but be unable to get past them to see what’s there.

(And yes I’m aware that there’s not actually anything there yet and Anet would have to create the whole map, not just remove the barriers. But I still find it frustrating because it looks like you should be able to get there.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Lore

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Its funny, I came around looking for that portal, and its still just a dead presence. I really hope it’ll get a use at some point