The Real Saboteur? (Spoilers!)

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’ve been wondering about that sylvari, overall story and the sabotage…

Victims we meet during investigation have been murdered with a dagger/knife. As we experience the fight with Aerin, he uses teleports, grenades and bombs only. No knives.

I also feel that we kill the “evil one” a bit to early and easy. We all can say that the new sylvari did it, yadda, yadda, soundless, dragon’s corruption and that kind of stuff.

But why now? Last year, noone could join the Zephirytes. This year, they’ve invited, in fact, sylvari nobody. Sylvari, after Scarlet tend to be hated, or at least treated suspicious by NPCs. Players think that they’re corrupted and that kind of stuff.
Perfect material to blame, hm ?

Maybe trader was in fact influenced with some dragon corruption, because all those vines etc. But I doubt he was the one who caused the explosion and murdered Zephirytes. People who were murdered before the crash, mind you.

Who had free access to inner rooms of ships? Master of Peace.
Who offered his help in rebuilding Lion’s Arch, so we accept him as an ally? Master of Peace

The ending scene of “Cornered” is the the one that concerns me the most. This guy wasn’t running away, leaving clues for us. He was leaving pages about Dragons, ripped off from some books. He was being chased, indeed, but by a single Sylvari. I cannot believe that Master of zephirytes, aspects, would not handle some engineer sylvari alone. Sure, supported by dragon corruption, but it wasn’t his point I think.

He planned to leave before the crash. We can state that based on his last dialogue, that his journey just began and he won’t come back.

I strongly believe and hope, that the murderer of the Zephirytes, the saboteur was in fact Master of Peace.

Thoughts?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Lore

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

You probably called it. The way the plot progressed I suspected that too.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I disagree. First off- there were other people who joined the Zephyrites, definitely the first time and maybe even this time. Second, survivors in the camp specifically mention that a new recruit (they might even have said it was a sylvari) was responsible. Thirdly, the torn pages were Aerin’s, not the Master of Peace’s. I do believe the Master is up to something weird that deserves keeping an eye on, but everything points, or outright says, that Aerin was the murderer and saboteur.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Rym.1469

Then it’d be kind of letdown. More complicated, not “the bad <→ the good” plot would be way more interesting.

Well, we will see in upcoming releases who is right. I’m still thinking that we can expect something unexpected from ANet and hope for Master of Peace to be the first “grey” character in Season 2.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Also, it’s really mainly in LA any distrust of Sylvari exists.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I guess it could go either way. On one hand, he could take after Glint’s “you need to break a few eggs to make an omelet” style of peacemaking, or his mission as the leader of the Zephyrites takes precedence over everything else. Glint’s remains which they used to grow crystals is missing, possible child is missing, and any other sort of powerful relics as well. His job is to preserve those objects, so he could have left to take those to a safe place.

in Lore

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

It may very well be, that the “master” Aerin was referring to was indeed Master of Peace. Wouldn’t surprise me, but then again, neither it would surprise anyone else, ecept for people who do not pay attention.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Though so myself, one Sylvari against the whole crew?
Even if he was an engineer with bombs (which he uses in his fight) who could do all that, why would he attack with a knife and not throw some grenades or explosives, after the crash?

I agree with the Master of Peace theory.
He would be able to smuggle stuff on board, as every Zephyrite who joins leaves his bags (physical and metaphorical) behind, subsequently leaving Aerin “weaponless”.
However he has them later on, so he was able to take them with him?

It is a bit confusing.
What if Aerin stumbled upon a secret and then attacked in advance.
Should we trust the Zephyrites so readily?
The Zephirite we meet all cover the Master more or less. I believe one says “he will kill him.” not indicating who kills who (though i have to read these parts again, hurray for new story journal).

We have tosee where it will go. Overall the whole stuff was too “clean”.

i mean, the Zephyrites are able to defend themselves (defense marks) and even have heavy armored soldiers to protect certain parts (as we find one)

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The Master of Peace has a secret, that much is certain. I’m thinking it’s related to the powers they get from Glint and the plot thread of Glint’s child/children (there was a mission in GW1 where you defend one of Glint’s offspring – http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Glint%27s_Challenge). That makes more sense that stabby stabby.

The Brotherhood of the Dragon (a dwarven faction specifically dealing with Glint and her legacy) passed on their responsibilities to the Zephyrites. The Brotherhood protected Glint’s baby dragon, presumably the Zephyrites know what happened to it. Maybe its location is somewhere in Maguuma (although why a freaking dragon needs protection from the Zephyrites is beyond me)? Glint was a prophet and could see the future (or something in that ballpark) so any interpretation of that power could fit into any story imaginable (maybe Zephyrites know something because of the foresight powers etc – there was mention during the Bazaar the Zephyrites were keen to leave as soon as possible).

Why would the Master of Peace need to sabotage his own people? Presumably if he wanted to run off through the desert on his own, he could have done so. He was a leader, assuming he had any power he could have gotten what he wanted without murder (then again, authority in Tyria seems to bend to the writer’s will – for some reason a location in Maguuma was suggested to be handed over to Ellen Kiel, from freaking Lion’s Arch).

As far as distrust of sylvari goes, if they keep pulling terrorist attacks like this, all of Tyria is going to have an issue with them, regardless of whether it’s individuals or not.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

I guess it could go either way. On one hand, he could take after Glint’s “you need to break a few eggs to make an omelet” style of peacemaking, or his mission as the leader of the Zephyrites takes precedence over everything else. Glint’s remains which they used to grow crystals is missing, possible child is missing, and any other sort of powerful relics as well. His job is to preserve those objects, so he could have left to take those to a safe place.

Actually, the crystal garden is the skill point. Unless it comments on stuff being missing and I missed that.

in Lore

Rym.1469

Why would the Master of Peace need to sabotage his own people? Presumably if he wanted to run off through the desert on his own, he could have done so.

You could easily go wrong with it. Yes, this guy can be portrayed as the ruler and the only, but that doesn’t make him so. We know very little about Zephyrites.

And I don’t think that abandoning his people would be easy.

It’s just… too simple with one sylvari making ka-boom and chasing leader for the sake of chasing, dying in the same episode.

I don’t think Master of Peace will be any villian. But proceeding the story similar to my vision would maybe match the expectations of players for more complicated story.
I believe the rabbit hole will be deeper and deeper.

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Master of Peace……
What is his real name? What is his goal?

Could he somehow turn out to be the one got Zinn to create ruler attacking Golems in GW1?

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I cannot believe that Master of zephirytes, aspects, would not handle some engineer sylvari alone. Sure, supported by dragon corruption, but it wasn’t his point I think.

I never really got a the vibe that the zepherites hone their mastery of the aspects for combat or offensive. Being a master of the aspects probably doesn’t mean he’s good at fighting, particularly given their general non-combative nature.

Also, it’s really mainly in LA any distrust of Sylvari exists.

They were hardest hit, so it wouldn’t surprise me. Of course some additional mistrust else where would also seem most likely.

The Master of Peace has a secret, that much is certain.

His parting words were: Bye bye, I’m going somewhere else and I’m not telling you where, why or how (or something to that effect). So yeah he’s up to something. Question is, is it something good or something bad?

in Lore

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

So my first thought when the zepherite mentioned a sylvari trying to kill the Master of Peace and then there were lots of knife wounds…. The first person that came to mind for me was Caithe, she wields daggers and in the book Edge of Destiny is pretty kitten and efficient at it too, then it turned out to be the other sylvari, but good catch OP, he doesn’t seem to wield daggers, so who knows.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

You will see Zephyrites using their Aspects to fend of against Inquest in the Crystal Shards Event in Dry Top and they are quite effective at it.
i think they even one hit enemies there with the sun aspect.

in Lore

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

According to injured NPCs the Master of Peace tried to put some strange energy into Aerin when they were traveling but the result was Aerin going mad and some kind of strange energy being released from Aerin that the Master of Peace failed to control….

The Master of Piece could easily gain access to the Inquest and arrange for Scarlet to be exposed to Mordremoth’s influence….

She started calling herself Scarlet Briar since she walked out of Omadd’s device yet was showing signs of arguing with another entity….

I suspect she was first corrupted by Mordremoth then mentally assaulted by the Master of Peace into doing what he wants….

Obtaining Tyria for himself….

Whispering into Mordremoth’s minion’s mind tricking her into thinking her plan is her own would be child’s work if you have Chaos Magic training…..

Aerin sought to claim the Master of Peace’s power for himself which implies that the Master of Peace had little time to work Chaos Magic on him….

Jennah was able to use Chaos Magic to fool Kralkatorrik’s Branded so it’s not absurd for the Master of Peace to use Chaos Magic to mentally assault Mordremoth’s minions….

Minions of Elder Dragons to my mind would be easier for Mesmers to influence than normal people…

in Lore

Erukk.1408

Actually, the crystal garden is the skill point. Unless it comments on stuff being missing and I missed that.

The skill point says how the crystals were grown.

“The magical energies of the dragon champion Glint still linger around the wreckage of this garden used by her Zephyrite followers to grow their Aspect crystals from her crystalline remains.”

Emphasis is mine.

Unless they shattered her entire body, and they used the crystal dust to seed all the aspect crystals, it kind of (to me anyway) implies that Glint’s body, or whatever remained of it, was on board that airship.

in Lore

Rym.1469

According to injured NPCs the Master of Peace tried to put some strange energy into Aerin when they were traveling but the result was Aerin going mad and some kind of strange energy being released from Aerin that the Master of Peace failed to control….

The Master of Piece could easily gain access to the Inquest and arrange for Scarlet to be exposed to Mordremoth’s influence….

She started calling herself Scarlet Briar since she walked out of Omadd’s device yet was showing signs of arguing with another entity….

I suspect she was first corrupted by Mordremoth then mentally assaulted by the Master of Peace into doing what he wants….

Obtaining Tyria for himself….

Whispering into Mordremoth’s minion’s mind tricking her into thinking her plan is her own would be child’s work if you have Chaos Magic training…..

Aerin sought to claim the Master of Peace’s power for himself which implies that the Master of Peace had little time to work Chaos Magic on him….

Jennah was able to use Chaos Magic to fool Kralkatorrik’s Branded so it’s not absurd for the Master of Peace to use Chaos Magic to mentally assault Mordremoth’s minions….

Minions of Elder Dragons to my mind would be easier for Mesmers to influence than normal people…

Um…that’s a little bit too creative I guess

I don’t expect Master of Peace to be a villian. But nor good or bad? Certainly.

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It’s hard to see from the normal part of the mission, but the Master of Peace has a new backpack model on him. It looks like a normal guild backpack without the emblem, but it’s kind of oval shaped and full because it’s contents. It also emits an orange glow. My guess is there is a dragon egg in his backpack. That would explain the size, shape and the power that Aerin was after, but it could be many different things. You can get a close look at it by gathering several aspect crystals during the final fight and using them to jump to the platform the Master is on (I think you need two or three lightning and one or wind). Maybe it’s just a visual explanation for where all the aspect crystals are coming from, or maybe a dragon egg’s power can be a portable source of Zephyrite aspect powers.

Where are you getting that from? I never saw any mention of the Master trying put energy into Aerin.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Marax.4938

Marax.4938

I don’t really see the Master of Peace doing anything to sabotage his -own- people. Why would he? Those zephyrites all but worship him and defend him with their lives.

Sure the Master of Peace is definetly hiding something, but I believe, not the cause of the stabbings. While Aerin doesn’t stab anybody, we encounter plenty of Inquest Assassins who do -stab stab-.

Who is to say that only Aerin was chasing the master? What if the Inquest were doing the same? We know they are experimenting with dragon corruption, with Mordremoth’s awakening it wouldn’t be too hard too imagine that the Inquest are becoming even more sinister and murderous.

Inquest are Asura and Asura are if nothing else REALLY intelligent.

in Lore

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

If Master of Peace was the same person whom we met at the docks of Lion’s Arch at the start of Festival of the Four Winds then certainly he had a change in tone of character when I met him again on Dry Top. Before in Lion’s Arch he was old, warm and familiar even though it was a formal reception. However at Dry Top Master of Peace was cold, distanced and had a younger character tone.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Personally, I didn’t get any cold feeling of MoP in the instance. If anything, he just sounded a little weary- and determined, definitely determined.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

Skritt would say no.

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I don’t really see the Master of Peace doing anything to sabotage his -own- people. Why would he? Those zephyrites all but worship him and defend him with their lives.

Sure the Master of Peace is definetly hiding something, but I believe, not the cause of the stabbings. While Aerin doesn’t stab anybody, we encounter plenty of Inquest Assassins who do -stab stab-.

Who is to say that only Aerin was chasing the master? What if the Inquest were doing the same? We know they are experimenting with dragon corruption, with Mordremoth’s awakening it wouldn’t be too hard too imagine that the Inquest are becoming even more sinister and murderous.

This brings to mind something…what if we’re missing a 3rd piece of the puzzle? What if an asura was added to the crew, one who was secretly Inquest? It seems a little too convenient for the ship to crash in Inquest territory, especially with crystals related to a dragon, which the Inquest are studying the energy of.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Skritt would say no.

What do Skritt have to do with that statement?

They are intelligent (the Asura that is), now sometimes they don’t have wisdom to temper the intelligence or guide it in the right manner, but they have the smarts.

This brings to mind something…what if we’re missing a 3rd piece of the puzzle? What if an asura was added to the crew, one who was secretly Inquest? It seems a little too convenient for the ship to crash in Inquest territory, especially with crystals related to a dragon, which the Inquest are studying the energy of.

It’s not inquest territory, as there isn’t even an established base there. Just a sealed, empty old mine.

They simply swarmed the area after seeing the Sanctum crashed (or during the crash as they likely saw the explosions with a telescope or something, hence their ‘attack’ on the Seraph camp in tangle root)

(edited by Kalavier.1097)

in Lore

Horst Hortensie.5420

Skritt would say no.

What do Skritt have to do with that statement?

They are intelligent (the Asura that is), now sometimes they don’t have wisdom to temper the intelligence or guide it in the right manner, but they have the smarts.

Most times Asura and Skritt come together and the Skritt are in numbers then the Asura intelligence is a raw joke against the understanding of the world of Skritt.

It takes 10 Skritt to overcome any Asuran knowledge and they are doing things getting past my understanding, except they understood the world far better and try to fix it.

Just wanted to say that Asura may be intelligent, but they are mistaken quite often. The real brainer among the races are a bunch of Skritt. And I think that the inquest maybe searches the same like us, a source.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Where does “10 skritt completely overcome any Asuran knowledge” come from by the way?

in Lore

Horst Hortensie.5420

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drive_the_skritt_from_Brill_Alliance_lab

Some ambience at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Anthill and some more places that show me that Skritt are by far the most intelligent race. Their hunting for shinies is barely related to really shining objects, except they are magical. But that’s not topic here, sorry.

Are there any hints what the inquest wants? Are they behind Glint’s heir or are they just randomly catching Zephyrites for experimental issues?

in Lore

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

Master of peace could easily be corrupted by mordy (suspected as mordys champ) he is only a human no matter how mysterious hes trying to be, he could easily be heading to do mordys bidding hes far from immune to corruption

in Lore

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Master of peace could easily be corrupted by mordy (suspected as mordys champ) he is only a human no matter how mysterious hes trying to be, he could easily be heading to do mordys bidding hes far from immune to corruption

Considering Mordremeth controls plants, I doubt he could control a human, charr, asura, or norn. Similar to how Zhaitan couldn’t control Sylvari since they were technically plants, and how Primordus doesn’t seem to control anything other than rock and lava based creations.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Lore

onemantankwall.3641

Actually wrong prim can corrupt all but syvari into such creatures zhaiten can raise just about anything but syvari you are assuming that mordy corrupts plants theres no evidence of any corruption from mordy yet, and its also stated that things can be corrupted by multiple dragons as well i promise mordy had a corruption wwwway before syvari popped up and dont get me started on the icebrood

(edited by onemantankwall.3641)

in Lore

onemantankwall.3641

Also syvari are effected by corruption…. With sudden death tho anet hasnt told us why syvari die instead of corupt but im sure S2 will explain that eventually, them being plant people have nothing to do with anything except you came to your own conclusion

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Actually wrong prim can corrupt all but syvari into such creatures zhaiten can raise just about anything but syvari you are assuming that mordy corrupts plants theres no evidence of any corruption from mordy yet, and its also stated that things can be corrupted by multiple dragons as well i promise mordy had a corruption wwwway before syvari popped up and dont get me started on the icebrood

“Jungle corruption.”

Being what’s called the jungle vines and overgrown husks and wolves.

Said husks being present at the caledon forest great jungle wurm.

We are heading into the Maguuma wastes, which borders the known resting and waking point of the JUNGLE dragon….

Fairly easy to connect the vines and plant creatures we fight to Mordi.

in Lore

onemantankwall.3641

As i said all the dragons could corrupt a single creature just takes a small change so fleshlings arent immune to mordys corruption in the least bit

in Lore

Rym.1469

I seriously doubt any corruption/evilness of Master of Peace.

Sometimes people have to make important decisions which require sacrafice.
If it’s true that the Master is running away with Glint’s egg, I imagine that nobody else should know about it’s existence.

Everyone involved should think it just got lost after the crash.
That would be my thinking.

“Corruption” becomes a very cheap motive when it’s used on daily basis, mind you (and ANet). Difficult decisions, own beliefs, feelings – that what should make characters. Not superpowers and magic either.

in Lore

Erukk.1408

I seriously doubt any corruption/evilness of Master of Peace.

Sometimes people have to make important decisions which require sacrafice.
If it’s true that the Master is running away with Glint’s egg, I imagine that nobody else should know about it’s existence.

Everyone involved should think it just got lost after the crash.
That would be my thinking.

I’m not sure about the Glint’s egg part, but he’s probably carrying something important in there. I was surprised to find out that the new LS chapters have a “My Story” entry now.

I rejoined Marjory, Kasmeer, Braham, Rox, and Taimi to search for the Master of Peace before the saboteur, Aerin, could catch him. We found Aerin and pursued him deep into the canyon. Aerin’s behavior was manic, almost like Scarlet’s during her final days. He fought fiercely, but ultimately lost. The Master of Peace said that Aerin wanted great power but was refused. He didn’t explain what that meant, nor did he say where he was headed next. His backpack was loaded with something—probably supplies. He may be embarking on a long journey.

I searched Aerin’s corpse. He was carrying a note with frantic scrawlings that said a “leader will die” and that “the rest will fall in line.” Did he mean the Master of Peace or someone else? I also found some animal hairs on Aerin’s corpse that probably came from livestock back in Prosperity. We should return there and continue our investigation.

— My story

Probably supplies? Mhmm…. sure.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t believe the Master of Peace is evil or corrupted. He’s obviously hiding something, but I’m more inclined to believe that he’s doing something to fight the Elder Dragons or deny them a source of power. If he is, as some speculate, carrying an egg of Glint’s, then perhaps Mordremoth (or whoever drove Scarlet/Aerin insane) wants it for their own purposes.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Indeed, he likely simply has the most powerful zephyrite artifacts, and is keeping them away from the crash site and the looters that would come down on it. Zephyrites defending it or not.

Hence why they won’t say anything. So such knowledge isn’t spread or public.

in Lore

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Considering Mordremeth controls plants

Once again I feel compelled to point out that there is no actual in-game evidence for this assumption.

in Lore

Wanderer.3248

When we first see Aerin, he appears to be looking for something, and mumbles something like “where is it”. Not “where is he”, but “where is it”.

Later, before the final battle, he expresses surprise at finding the Master. “What, you’re here?”

Now, if Aerin was an assassin hunting down the Master, these statements seem a little odd.

in Lore

Posted by: PseudoNewb.5468

PseudoNewb.5468

And that make Aerin’s notes that much more mysterious.

I searched Aerin’s corpse. He was carrying a note with frantic scrawlings that said a “leader will die” and that “the rest will fall in line.” Did he mean the Master of Peace or someone else? I also found some animal hairs on Aerin’s corpse that probably came from livestock back in Prosperity. We should return there and continue our investigation.

He wasn’t looking for the Master of Peach, so he isn’t talking about the Zephyrites… The fact that the living story journal proposes Aerin could have been talking about someone else, plus his statements seem to make a strong suggestion that Aerin was looking to kill something else.

in Lore

Posted by: Leallax.1482

Leallax.1482

Okay, I’m pretty sure Aerin wasn’t actually searching for the master of peace

Master of Peace: “Aerin.”
Aerin: “What? Huh? You’re here!”

It’s like he’s surprised to find the MoP. Plus, when he was talking to himself, he didn’t say “Where is he?” he asked “where is it?”

I’m hoping MoP isn’t the straight-up bad guy, though. It’d be too straightforward, too cliche.

in Lore

Posted by: Clonk.8403

Clonk.8403

My immediate feeling about Aerin was that he was not trying to kill the MoP, but rather stop him in his tracks. It may be that he figured out why the Zephyrites were heading west and because he is a Soundless became vulnerable to Mordremoth`s influence the closer they got to Maguuma. For the record I did not know what a Soundless was before I played chapter 1 of season 2, but they are Sylvari who have turned away from the protection of the Pale Tree I believe? Secondly I have no way of knowing if Mordremoth has telepathic abilities and can reach out to fragile minds from a great distance and even if he/it is doing it consciously. But something is clearly affecting him based on his dialogue.

Its an interesting point concerning the Zephyrites who were killed by someone highly capable using the same blade before the crash. As the OP says, it might very well be that the Murderer and the Saboteur are not one and the same. Aerin is most likely responsible for the explosion, but maybe he was just means to an end by the real culprit? The villager in Prosperity who talked to the MoP, presumably, was also stabbed to death. I do not recall if the miner who witnessed it confirmed if it was a sylvari responsible or not though.

Lastly, the Master of Peace himself. My immediate reaction to him was that something about him just did not feel right. We only have his word for why Aerin wanted to kill him, but we do not know if that`s true or not. Did the Murderer work on his behalf? Perhaps he was making sure that no traces of the MoP`s departure was left behind for anyone to follow?

This is just speculation on my part, but the game is definitely afoot.

in Lore

Horst Hortensie.5420

On the whole track after Aerin we see a lot of Zephyrites stabbed to death with the same knife and one who was killed by explosions. The heavy honor guard. This opens the speculation that the MoP killed the Zephyrites and Aerin the honor guard.

Furthermore do we find some Zephyrites which died before the ship fell and the explosion imprints on the ship were also older.

One of the hurt Zephyrites in the camp mentions that the aspects were matching as he was told what happens and that it means something. I think thats the reason the ship really fell. The explosions we see in the trailer happened, but the ship went on afterwards.

The scene with Morning were Kasmeer told us that she is lying, because she knew why the MoP is in danger could also mean that the MoP went mad too.

The peices of stories shattered along the way got probable there, because Aerin dropped them, but he didn’t write them. He wrote on them. The only piece of paper which clearly written by his hands is the soundless meditation, which we used as source to indentify the note on the other papers. The last note which is taken from Aerins pocket has no statement who wrote it.

The NPCs along the story mention either zephyrite (which are both) or the sylvari. The vendor in the city which was killed by a dagger met a zephyrite.

I personally got the impression that Aerin got contact with probably the same entity like Scarlet, but after all the MoP is the one that went mad (or is following his religious task/beliefes) while Aerin faces the same problem as any sylvari with he difference that he probably left the influence area of the dream.

The things Aerin searched was the master and “it”. I think “it” is the thing that was in the backpack of the MoP. The master doesn’t seem to be the MoP, maybe we are closer to Mordremoth or something else that is equal big or bigger.

I am missing informations what the Inquest and the Priory want there. Anyone catched some informations? Did both know that the ship will fall down?

in Lore

Posted by: hardy.7469

hardy.7469

It could’ve been the inquisition stabbing people trying to get information on the shards.
Maybe the felt the confusion during the explosion would let them do this with no worry of being caught.

I mean when you find the bodies, there’s inquisition all around them. I wouldn’t put it past them if the leader of the area or someone was killing people for information.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Inquest* Not Inquisition…

Also, why is it so hard to think that Aerin could’ve used a knife on the Sanctum, but pulled out his grenades and bombs when we reached him?

in Lore

Horst Hortensie.5420

It could’ve been the inquisition stabbing people trying to get information on the shards.
Maybe the felt the confusion during the explosion would let them do this with no worry of being caught.

I mean when you find the bodies, there’s inquisition all around them. I wouldn’t put it past them if the leader of the area or someone was killing people for information.

Unlikely, because the zephyrites that were killed on the ship had wounds from the same dagger.

Also, why is it so hard to think that Aerin could’ve used a knife on the Sanctum, but pulled out his grenades and bombs when we reached him?

The vendor has the same wounds. He would have switched between dagger and bombs between his kills. Further are engineers not known for dagger weapon use.

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

The vendor has the same wounds. He would have switched between dagger and bombs between his kills. Further are engineers not known for dagger weapon use.

And if he was trying to NOT draw attention to himself, the dagger makes sense. Why would he have switched between dagger and bombs for his kills?

Also, Necromancers aren’t know for using an axe is straight up melee combat, yet I’ve seen Marjory melee attack with her axe. Warriors don’t use pistols, yet Rytlock does. Hell, a number of Vigil/Lionguard/other forces have medium armor people using a pistol and warhorn, a combo we don’t see usable ingame (Engineers don’t use warhorns, rangers don’t use pistols…) Plenty of npcs have used weird weapon combos.

in Lore

Horst Hortensie.5420

And if he was trying to NOT draw attention to himself, the dagger makes sense. Why would he have switched between dagger and bombs for his kills?

He didn’t look like he cared about his traces, while the MoP did. We know nothing about the zephyrite culture. Travelling around and seeding crystal dust in the clouds for no reason? Staying hidden unless they need supplies? I have no evidence, but the whole scenario looks different from our conclusion (and thats not the first time).

in Lore

Wanderer.3248

Because it was specifically pointed out in the story. So either the knife wounds are a Checkov’s gun, or there is supposed to be some significance attached to them.