The Return of Koss?

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Codes.6870

Codes.6870

Q:

Will we ever get to see Koss again?

He’s one of my favorite heroes in GW1 Nightfall and I am hoping there’s something epic in stored for him in this upcoming expansion.

I know 250 years have already passed, but anything is possible right?

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

A:

He’s one of my favorite heroes in GW1 Nightfall and I am hoping there’s something epic in stored for him in this upcoming expansion.

Anything is possible. :-)

Well, we got enough ways to get our Koss going:

• References to him
  • A decendant sporting his brave and iconic afro (seeing the new hairstyles maybe a female version, because it’s the trend, but just wouldn’t be the same)
  • A ghost
  • A fractal
  • An undead
  • A Vision, ala Caithe flashback thanks to maybe Aurene?
  • Summoning via Necomancer
  • A Legendary
  • A Revenant suprise (a NPC reveannt, who channels Koss)
  • As a member of Balthazar/Menzies army

Etc. I think we got enough ways to get him involved.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Well, I’m pretty certain he’s dead. However, I would hope to see something in honour of him somewhere untouched by Palawa Joko in Elona.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I doubt we will see the Koss we knew, but I think it would be both awesome and horrifying if we saw Koss, Dunkoro, Melonni, Acolyte Jin, Acolyte Sousuke, Tahlkora, Zhed Shadowhoof, Margrid, Master of Whispers, Goren, Norgu, and General Morgahn risen as awakened in the service of Palawa Joko.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I doubt we will see the Koss we knew, but I think it would be both awesome and horrifying if we saw Koss, Dunkoro, Melonni, Acolyte Jin, Acolyte Sousuke, Tahlkora, Zhed Shadowhoof, Margrid, Master of Whispers, Goren, Norgu, and General Morgahn risen as awakened in the service of Palawa Joko.

Ouch!

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Keep in mind that Joko’s invasion of Vabbi began 60 years after Nightfall, so most heroes would have been dead by even that point. While it’s plausible for Joko to have razed their graves, given Joko had only directly assaulted Vabbi I find it unlikely he would have done so for the heroes in Kourna and Istan (Morgahn, Dunkoro, Koss, Margrid, and Melonni). Such wouldn’t stop Joko, but it would give pause – especially since they’d just be run of the mill undead husks without a soul to trap too (if the implication that intelligence of Awakened undead is due to souls being in the bodies). Zhed and Tahlkora I can definitely see being alive and facing Joko’s return, and I would see a certain irony in Zhed being made an intelligent, self-aware Awakened who cannot rebel against his new master.

Either way, hopefully they won’t make every hero from Nightfall into an Awakened, but seeing some of them turned would be cool.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Codes.6870

Wow that hurts. We’ll have no choice but to end their misery. (RIP Prince Rurik)

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Oh, I think we’ll meet Koss alright. Koss, the son of Koss, the son of Koss, the son of Koss….

(don’t tell me you couldn’t see Koss doing something like that)

Hate is Fuel.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Koss Kossson!

Not sure Melonni would put up with that, though.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

The Greyhawk.9107

Koss Kossson!

Not sure Melonni would put up with that, though.

She’d put up with it about as well as George Foreman’s wife, who has five sons named George Foreman….oh dear…..looks like old man Foreman’s been married five times. Guess that answers that.

Hate is Fuel.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Out of all the Nightfall heroes, my money is on us seeing Razah again.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

I’d love to see Razah but my bet is on Jurah, the Master of Whispers. Remember, he was a necromancer which would give him the highest likelihood of being alive to this day.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I’d love to see Razah but my bet is on Jurah, the Master of Whispers. Remember, he was a necromancer which would give him the highest likelihood of being alive to this day.

Not necessarily. Livia’s the only necromancer we know of that’s had an extended lifespan, and maybe Khilbron, and both of those can be attributed to the Scepter of Orr.

Razah, on the other hand, is a creation of the Mists, which as far as we know don’t age, and Zhed was a very young member of a race known to naturally live for hundreds of years.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Vesuvius.9874

Not necessarily. Livia’s the only necromancer we know of that’s had an extended lifespan, and maybe Khilbron, and both of those can be attributed to the Scepter of Orr.

Razah, on the other hand, is a creation of the Mists, which as far as we know don’t age, and Zhed was a very young member of a race known to naturally live for hundreds of years.

Yes, I’m aware of those facts but I’m just coming up with crazy ideas to justify it to myself because if there is one character I’d pick from Nightfall, it’d be him :P

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Jurah was also an old man who retired immediately/shortly after Nightfall. It seemed he was wanting to live out the rest of his days in peace from his dialogue. Unless it’s as an Awakened by Palawa Jerko, I don’t expect to see Jurah or Morgahn.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Keep in mind that Joko’s invasion of Vabbi began 60 years after Nightfall, so most heroes would have been dead by even that point. While it’s plausible for Joko to have razed their graves, given Joko had only directly assaulted Vabbi I find it unlikely he would have done so for the heroes in Kourna and Istan (Morgahn, Dunkoro, Koss, Margrid, and Melonni). Such wouldn’t stop Joko, but it would give pause – especially since they’d just be run of the mill undead husks without a soul to trap too (if the implication that intelligence of Awakened undead is due to souls being in the bodies). Zhed and Tahlkora I can definitely see being alive and facing Joko’s return, and I would see a certain irony in Zhed being made an intelligent, self-aware Awakened who cannot rebel against his new master.

Either way, hopefully they won’t make every hero from Nightfall into an Awakened, but seeing some of them turned would be cool.

Good point and I agree. I didn’t consider that many of those were from Kourna and Istan. Zhed and Tahlkora would be great ones to be Awakened. I would rather see them Awakened or ghosts than still alive somehow. We have Livia and Ogden. I really see no reason anyone else from the first game should still be alive. Too much of a good thing. Like others have mentioned, I think our best chance of seeing one of the past heroes is probably Razah.

Wow that hurts. We’ll have no choice but to end their misery. (RIP Prince Rurik)

That was my thinking. Another throwback to the original game would be that we had to put someone we know down out of mercy.

We still have the realm of Torment as well if there is still a portal. We might possibly see some familiar faces (good and bad) there as well.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I really see no reason anyone else from the first game should still be alive.

I wouldn’t mind Zhed. Ventari was accounted an old centaur when we met him in GW1, and he went on to live another 108 years. Zhed was only 18, IIRC. That leaves plenty of room for him to still be around and kicking, and it would be interesting to see if age mellowed him or just entrenched his hostility.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

The Greyhawk.9107

I’d just as well as not see any gw1 heroes as undead/awakened, not even crappy ones like that fat memser whose name I can’t be kittened to remember. And considering how most of them did keep traveling after Nightfall its not implausible that they may have passed in either Tyria or Cantha.

Hate is Fuel.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Vesuvius.9874

I’d just as well as not see any gw1 heroes as undead/awakened, not even crappy ones like that fat memser whose name I can’t be kittened to remember. And considering how most of them did keep traveling after Nightfall its not implausible that they may have passed in either Tyria or Cantha.

You mean you don’t want to see more of this awesomeness?

Norgu the mesmer

Attachments:

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

The Greyhawk.9107

You mean you don’t want to see more of this awesomeness?

No, I really don’t. Can you imagine what that would look like three quarters rotted away? Ugh. Plus he probably put on a few before his ‘untimely’ demise, further ‘enhancing’ the ‘ugh’ factor by about nine.

Hate is Fuel.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I am now picturing an undead Norgu who’s fat stomach has rotten away, making him finally skinny. However, he retained his appetite from being alive, and is thus called “Norgu the Gluttonous”. He keeps eating, but as he eats, the food falls out of his rotted gut, so he is never full, and thus keeps on eating.

Dear ANet writers,

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

The Greyhawk.9107

And my (completely unasked for) mental image is of this bloated looking motherkittener with chunks missing from his gut and some of (whats left) of his intestines hanging out like some perverse ornamental sash.

And now you all share my anguish.

Hate is Fuel.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Minus the sash, that’s a fairly common zombie mini-boss in games dealing with undead/zombies.

Reminds me of that one corrupted angel foe in Darksiders II personally, though I’m fairly sure there was a popular zombie game I never played that heavily advertised something like that.

And anguish? Oh, ye doth not know me. I relish in such creepiness and horror. That’s rather tame, TBH.

Dear ANet writers,

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

If Norgu did become an Awakened, he certainly would’ve written a follow-up to his first play. I’m eager to watch a performance of “Springtime for Joko”.

Although, I wouldn’t object if we met a descendant of any of the old heroes. If Koss and Meloni didn’t get married after Nightfall, I would be greatly disappointed. Not sure which of the other heroes might’ve had descendants

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

One way for Koss to return is as an Awoken,
But I wonder if Awoken Koss would have the ego of Koss, or if the awoken have an artificial conciousness.
Same issue have with the Risen, some are conciously aware of their once mortal lives, while other risen are dumb broads.. then again, some risen may have just wandered around Orr in life, (dam)-ing people’s eyes

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

The Greyhawk.9107

Yeah, I forgot I was talking to Konig the Lich. My bad.

I still like my “Koss the twelfth son of Koss!” idea. (Or whatever the number of generations it woulda been, twelfth just had the best sound to it).

Hate is Fuel.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Koss Kosssson, Seventh Son of Koss.

Needs more s’s.

Dear ANet writers,

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

The Greyhawk.9107

Koss Kosssson, Seventh Son of Koss.

Needs more s’s.

And a bigger afro.

Hate is Fuel.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: Michael Yichao

Michael Yichao

Narrative Designer

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Codes.6870

• References to him
  • A decendant sporting his brave and iconic afro (seeing the new hairstyles maybe a female version, because it’s the trend, but just wouldn’t be the same)
  • A ghost
  • A fractal
  • An undead
  • A Legendary

The last part could be a great possibility. Perhaps most of Balthazar’s army are our former henchmen/heroes from GW1 resurrected and turned into his servant.

That Herald of Balthazar we fought earlier during preview might actually be Devona.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: hemmer.9784

hemmer.9784

I would absolutely adore that.
I imagine the NPC being annoyed to the point of a nervous breakdown because he can’t invoke the legend without hearing the voice of Koss in his head constantly going on and on and on about how awesome he and his adventures were.
But he can’t afford not to use it because it’s so strong.

Stoic Dvärgson
Ebon Vanguard [EVAN]
EU|Drakkar Lake

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

I can see it now Koss the Eight Fold Son of Koss. A Spellbreaker by profession who is fighting to free the soul of the origanal Koss (Who is now an Awakened) from King Joko.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Minus the sash, that’s a fairly common zombie mini-boss in games dealing with undead/zombies.

Reminds me of that one corrupted angel foe in Darksiders II personally, though I’m fairly sure there was a popular zombie game I never played that heavily advertised something like that.

And anguish? Oh, ye doth not know me. I relish in such creepiness and horror. That’s rather tame, TBH.

Made me think of the Abomination in Warcraft 3.

Although I’m sure it’s been done before that…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

• References to him
  • A ghost
  • A fractal
  • An undead
  • A Legendary

The last part could be a great possibility. Perhaps most of Balthazar’s army are our former henchmen/heroes from GW1 resurrected and turned into his servant.

That Herald of Balthazar we fought earlier during preview might actually be Devona.

i didnt played gw1, just checked a video, and her seems great.

on wiki states her is Warrior, Necromancer, Assassin. ……. holy god, its a overkill!!

The Return of Koss?

in Lore

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

on wiki states her is Warrior, Necromancer, Assassin. ……. holy god, its a overkill!!

She’s just a Warrior, really. The reason she has “Warrior, Necromancer, Assassin” listed is that she (and other henchmen) has skills that change depending on which campaign or expansion you’re playing when you use her. A vast majority of the time, she has only Warrior skills. But she has one Necromancer skill if you use her in Eye of the North. And she is a Warrior/Assassin if you fight her during the Norn Fighting tournament.

All t hat being said, she’s a really neat character, I feel.