The power of golems

The power of golems

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

As we see throughout the history of golemancy different means are used to control different golems, for example most golems are powered by simple magically charged power crystals, but it seems as golems get more advanced and more power is needed for them to function other power sources must be used for them to function at full effectiveness. Some examples of this are the iron forgeman in guild wars 1 this massive golem was powered by elementals, then in guild wars 2 it was recreated but this time it was powered by draconic energies. Venpa’s Ettin Crusher Suit is also similar to the iron forgeman of guild wars 1 but it is powered by earth elemental cores rather than fire elementals(ruby djinns?).

Also we see that maximizing golem effectiveness can be obtained through the mind/golem type interfaces where the golem is completely controlled by its asuran master. although there seems to be some problems with this such as what happens to Doxa and the massively impressive golem in the college of dynamics storyline. there seems to be one last possible power source, I thought could be a possibility based on this line of the “Destroyer-Essence Golem: No! Now my plans for sylvari-soul generators… will never…”, could souls also be used as a power source, are there any other possible power sources for high level golems (souls, elemental power, and draconic energy)? or do you think sylvari-soul generators implies wanting to make an army of sylvari more obedient and following the inquest?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

The power of golems

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Actually, pretty much everything involving the huge Inquest lab in northeast Metrica revolves around the Inquest- successfully, may I add- experimenting with using souls to power golems. There’s also a golem in Brisban powered by extracted druid essence, which may or may not mean souls, although it is rather glitchy. Hm… if that theory that powerful golems need alternative power sources pans out, I wonder what powers Prototype X and Mark II?

As for the destroyer-essence golem’s line, I hesitate to jump to conclusions. My gut feeling is that much of the dialogue at the start of the event is probably missing from the wiki, and without it a proper context cannot be had.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

The power of golems

in Lore

Infamous Darkness.3284

thank you for the update I thought there was another area using soul type things to power golems but couldn’t find it.

The power of golems

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

You’re probably thinking of Oola’s Lab in Metrica, where she tied her own soul to a golem.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

The power of golems

in Lore

Infamous Darkness.3284

ah yes thank you the whole golemancy and necromancy merging thing

The power of golems

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I’m pretty sure there have been interviews where it has been revealed that golems can be powered by elemental essences or by the soul of a sapient being. The latter is generally more capable, but most non-Inquest asura regard forcing souls into golems against their will to be unethical.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.