The strongest in Destinys Edge * Logan vs Rytlock *

in Lore

Posted by: CoffeeShtoun.6528

CoffeeShtoun.6528

Ive read the lore and as much as these heroes hate each other I can’t help but to wonder who would win in a battle to the end.

Rytlock:

Pros- * Has Ruriks legendary sword Sohothin
* Vastly stronger and larger in size

Cons- * Behemoth of a size can render him slow compared to an agile human
* Stubborn and Careless could make him lose a battle of witts and tactics vs
Logan.

Logan:

Pros- * His love for the queen makes him stronger and more dangerous
* A brilliant strategist using necessary tactics to defeat powerful foes
* Veteran soilder who is dangerous with the blade, fast and strong.

Cons- * Very emotionally unstable when the Queen is mentioned or involved
* Not as strong as Rytlock so if he loses his blade he will be hurt by the mellee

I would love to hear some feed back, Please reply with WHO you think would win then a simple reason why. Thanks guys!

(edited by CoffeeShtoun.6528)

in Lore

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

All I know is they were all dead on the floor for the entire Zheitan fight, leaving us to do all the hard work.

in Lore

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

All I know is they were all dead on the floor for the entire Zheitan fight, leaving us to do all the hard work

LMAO!

This thread should go into lore… I think.

SPOILERS FOR EDGE OF DESTINY

And not everything stated is corrected. for instance … Logan a veteran soldier? not really he was a part of a somewhat militia group, doing guerrilla tactics to charr warbands because his big brother was the “real soldier” (Logan’s owns thoughts on the matter since his brother was a seraph in charge of the queen’s protection) and after that both him and Rytlock fought in the LA’s arenas so more like gladiators than anything. And he is more used to fighting with a mace than a sword.

About Rtylock losing in tactics to Logan… the only time that logan tried to out tactic Rytlock, the Charr saw the trap a mile a way… the commanding officer of the unit did not heed Rytlock’s advice and Logan’s ambush was successful.

I would say that they are even matched… I mean even Rytlock thinks so since he made Logan and honoray member of his warband (something akin to calling him his brother)

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Lore

CoffeeShtoun.6528

Ahhh thanks for sharing that lore Cancer.9065

in Lore

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

There’s a reason Rytlock’s figure was chosen for the collectors edition statue.

in Lore

CoffeeShtoun.6528

Its funny when you ask Rytlock how he goes his sword in the AC story he says its not your concern LOL.

in Lore

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

There’s a reason Rytlock’s figure was chosen for the collectors edition statue.

and I’d trade that ugly thing for any other member of Destiny’s Edge (Living or Dead)

in Lore

Posted by: Dixa.6017

Dixa.6017

everyone knows zojja is the strongest.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Caithe could have stabbed them both in the back at the very beginning if she had wanted. She’s just smarter than that

in Lore

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Caithe could have stabbed them both in the back at the very beginning if she had wanted. She’s just smarter than that

I did like that part of the book she really made Logan and Rytlock look dumb about the whole light/dark thing.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I gotta say Caithe was one of my favorites, which makes me sad seeing just how depressed she was getting throughout the dungeon stories and the mail she sent me.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

In Rytlock’s office, there is a spear awarded from Rytlock’s days in the arena. A fight of the full Destiny’s Edge in a competition. The last standing winners of Destiny’s Edge? Rytlock and Garm.

And we all know Garm lasts longer in fights than Rytlock.

The Dire Black Wolf beats all. Even Snaff – and Snaff wrestled the mind of Kralkatorrik! Imagine what Garm could do if he did the same – he’d wrestle the mind of Tyria down with his mental teeth! :P

for instance … Logan a veteran soldier? not really he was a part of a somewhat militia group

He was a mercenary – hired to protect caravans going to and from Ebonhawke.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: EpicFace.8096

EpicFace.8096

Ive read the lore and as much as these heroes hate each other I can’t help but to wonder who would win in a battle to the end.

Rytlock:
…………………………..
* Stubborn and Careless could make him lose a battle of witts and tactics vs
Logan.

Made me choke on my drink.
Charr are not feral berserkers (Some are, but the best aren’t), they are militarial and they have many great tactics. Wits on the other hand, I might need to hand that to Logan.
Zojja and Garm are still da best

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I think he meant that his hatred for Logan would make him careless in fighting him. Though I don’t see that happening.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

CoffeeShtoun.6528

Interesting points so far everyone is leaning towards Rytlock

in Lore

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I would vote Rytlock would win by default since Logan would run away.

Playable Tengu please!

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Even Eir could arm-wrestle Logan and win. Come on the guy’s a puny human.

One – Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

They have fought several times and its never been decisive. Rytlocks advantage in attack is countered by Logan’s strong defensive skills. They are very closely matched.

They have never gotten to finish a fight. They always tend to get interupted either by enemies, authorities or snappy player characters.

in Lore

CoffeeShtoun.6528

They have fought several times and its never been decisive. Rytlocks advantage in attack is countered by Logan’s strong defensive skills. They are very closely matched.

They have never gotten to finish a fight. They always tend to get interupted either by enemies, authorities or snappy player characters.

So in fairness, who do you think would win if you had to coin toss it.

in Lore

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

im a sylvari so i say they both suck and caithe is the best

in Lore

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

What are their specs? We can probably simulate this fairly accurately.

Logan is a Greatsword Guardian… and Rytlock is a Warrior with 1h Sword main and… sometimes pistol off-hand? Huh. Ok. Maybe not…

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

in Lore

Posted by: Snowfaerie.1945

Snowfaerie.1945

They are very evenly matched… I think that in the end I would not be putting my money on either side. I’d be organizing the distraction that would eventually interrupt them.

in Lore

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

Rytlock will smash Logan. If you compare Rytlock to a bear or tiger those animals can destroy humans with ease.

in Lore

Posted by: zippo burntfur.9307

zippo burntfur.9307

As other’s have stated Logan would just run away.

“We don’t need to make gear treadmills”
Colin Johanson on how arenanet measures success

in Lore

Posted by: Vincent Highwind.3054

Vincent Highwind.3054

I would vote Rytlock would win by default since Logan would run away.

in Lore

Posted by: Mop.3849

Mop.3849

Zojja would have Mr. Sparkles pound them into scrap.

But if I had to choose, Rytlock. Logan would run to “defend his queen”.

Asura represent, bookah.

in Lore

Posted by: Trafalgar.5247

Trafalgar.5247

Snaff was the best

in Lore

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Eir?

Seriously, twilight arbor story and that norn just wrecks anyone in her range :/ so. much. frustration.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Eir?

Seriously, twilight arbor story and that norn just wrecks anyone in her range :/ so. much. frustration.

Really? Every time I do that dungeon, it’s Rytlock who’s wrecking everyone. The rest are cannon fodder more or less for my groups.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Obviously Mr. Sparkles~

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Lore

CoffeeShtoun.6528

I think Rytlock has the edge with that fiery sword

in Lore

Posted by: Brand.6124

Brand.6124

I’m really sorry to necro this, but I was reading through these comments and man I just need to lay down this point >:o

Even Eir could arm-wrestle Logan and win. Come on the guy’s a puny human.

In CoF Logan saves Rytlock when he is falling. This is a 500-700 lbs cat man, complete with very heavy armor and weaponry (Not to mention the falling momentum and etc). He saved and pulled Rytlock up without too much difficulty. Clearly Logan is in the top tier of Humans.

He’s as strong as any other member of Destiny’s Edge.

in Lore

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

If I’m taking the title of this topikittenerally, then Eir is the strongest member of Destiny’s Edge. That’s not really debatable.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in Lore

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Obviously Mr. Sparkles~

^This. Mr. Sparkles is the strongest.

in Lore

Posted by: enlil.3849

enlil.3849

I’d say Rytlock because I still hate Logan from his screw-up in Edge of Destiny, which was probably the most beautifully written… thing I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. SERIOUSLY.

Apart from Logan’s romantic letter to Jennah, that is.

But still, whoever can whirl their weapons in ‘deadly figure eights’ the most is the strongest.

in Lore

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

Totally! And here I was tossing this question around until Caithe’s name was mentioned. She would kill them both. Kinda scary.

in Lore

Posted by: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.9620

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.9620

Rytlock vs Logan – Fight 1:

Rytlock: Hey dude look! Jennah over there!

Logan: OMG!!! WHERE!!! <3!

Rytlock *stabs stabs stabs

Rytlock vs Logan – Fight 2:

Rytlock vs Logan – Fight 3:

Get it?

in Lore

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

^Can’t argue with lore. Yup, that’s exactly the way it would play out.

in Lore

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

Logan:

Pros- * His love for the queen makes him stronger and more dangerous

LOL.

Sorry but I had to.

But yeah, Rytlock. For the many reasons stated above.

On an unrelated note, I rofled when he called Caithe a conniving vegetable.

in Lore

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

As much as I dislike Asura, Zojja would win. She is an Elementalist. In lore, Elementalists would wreck almost every opponent, of course not in-game because of balance and game mechanics. The only other magic user in Destiny’s Edge is Logan, and he still wouldn’t stand a chance against an Elementalist. An Elementalist vs a non-magic user is like a super hero vs a normal person.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Lore

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

As much as I dislike Asura, Zojja would win. She is an Elementalist. In lore, Elementalists would wreck almost every opponent, of course not in-game because of balance and game mechanics. The only other magic user in Destiny’s Edge is Logan, and he still wouldn’t stand a chance against an Elementalist. An Elementalist vs a non-magic user is like a super hero vs a normal person.

Magic powers or not – A sword in the gut is still a sword in the gut.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

in Lore

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

But to get the sword in the gut, you would have to close the distance. And by that time a elementalist would have… Well you know.

in Lore

thrice.9184

But to get the sword in the gut, you would have to close the distance. And by that time a elementalist would have… Well you know.

Thieves say other-wise

9/3/13 rip

in Lore

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

That’s why Rytlock is the only Warrior that can use a Pistol.

To discourage Zojja from having any funyn ideas.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Lore

Donut.6914

Thieves say other-wise

No one in Destiny’s Edge would realistically be able to take on Zojja, or any skilled Elementalist. They can reflect bullets and arrows, so ranged attacks wouldn’t work either. You would have to sneak up on them while they were sleeping and if you wake them up you’re dead.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Lore

thrice.9184

Thieves say other-wise

No one in Destiny’s Edge would realistically be able to take on Zojja, or any skilled Elementalist. They can reflect bullets and arrows, so ranged attacks wouldn’t work either. You would have to sneak up on them while they were sleeping and if you wake them up you’re dead.

Sneaking up on them is one way.

Ranged attacks are still viable if an Ele dont see it coming.

If we count The Flame legion as a mostly Elementalist heavy hoard, your statements dont have much weight, not to discredit you. Everything is situational.

9/3/13 rip

in Lore

Donut.6914

Thieves say other-wise

Sneaking up on them is one way.

Ranged attacks are still viable if an Ele dont see it coming.

If we count The Flame legion as a mostly Elementalist heavy hoard, your statements dont have much weight, not to discredit you. Everything is situational.

Flame Legion shamans seem to only use fire magic, which is only good at blowing stuff up. The real invincibility comes from being able to freeze someone in a block of ice at the drop of hat, even with no water around. I like to compare Elementalists to Jedi, and everyone else to Troopers. So yes, they can be killed from a sneak attack, but they would win every head-on fight. To me, that’s why Zojja is the most powerful, even though I dislike Asura and Elementalists I have to admit that.

in Lore

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

If I’m taking the title of this topikittenerally, then Eir is the strongest member of Destiny’s Edge. That’s not really debatable.

I love how the word filter constantly makes me aware of dirty things that I didn’t even know were hiding between totally unrelated words. It is a source of much joy!

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.