These Look Similar-Asuran Tech

in Lore

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello,

So somebody found the door and posted about it a while ago on these forums. People speculated about what they’re for, where they’re from, etc. The first attachment is the gate itself. It is hidden away in the straights of devestation

The second attachment is the platforms found in the new JP. They look very very similar. I think this proves that they are of asuran orgin. Could this perhaps be an entryway into the depths? One of the first areas Asurans escape from the depths and made it to the surface?

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Yeah I saw the similarity too.

My guess is it’s an inquest thing as they’re related to the aetherblades and are present in the other area where the first one is found.

in Lore

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yes the blue lights look exacty the same

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in Lore

Posted by: Notso.8710

Notso.8710

I was running through Lornar’s Pass the other day and spotted this. It looked really out of place sitting where it was. I saw your post so I went back a few minutes ago and took a picture of it.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I was running through Lornar’s Pass the other day and spotted this. It looked really out of place sitting where it was. I saw your post so I went back a few minutes ago and took a picture of it.

That is very out of placed. I don’t remember ever seeing it there. Interesting.

in Lore

Posted by: MaesterTed.6571

MaesterTed.6571

@Notso: That’s been there for a while.

I made a similar thread about the door in the Straits of Devastation quite a while ago on the Guru forums, and a user by the name of ‘Elan’ found them. While the pictures no longer seem to be available, it definitely was the same one you found.

The thing he’s describing in his third post looked exactly the same as the dragon hologram projector thingies.

Here’s the thread for reference: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/71587-weird-door-in-the-approximate-location-of-bloodstone-caves-from-gw1/

in Lore

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

There’s one thing you have to remember about the Asura: Asuran architecture isn’t really Asuran. Their ancestors came across technology of an earlier race (possibly Mursaat) and they have been building upon that ever since. That’s why there are ruins that match Asuran architecture but are no where near Asuran habitats.

in Lore

Posted by: hermescragsniper.2713

hermescragsniper.2713

There’s one thing you have to remember about the Asura: Asuran architecture isn’t really Asuran. Their ancestors came across technology of an earlier race (possibly Mursaat) and they have been building upon that ever since. That’s why there are ruins that match Asuran architecture but are no where near Asuran habitats.

I have never heard this information before. I know Rata Sum is built on ruins discovered when the Asura were forced to the surface but they hardly used that as a basis for all their technology and architecture. Source?

Blackgate

in Lore

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I have never heard this information before. I know Rata Sum is built on ruins discovered when the Asura were forced to the surface but they hardly used that as a basis for all their technology and architecture. Source?

You’ll have to give me a while on that one. I can’t remember if it was from GW1 or GW2 lore.

Edit: Looks like this may not be true anymore. After an hour of searching, I keep running across links for a page that no longer exists.

(edited by Crossplay.2067)

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Is it possible that these blue gates are Asura designed gates specifically for use by the Order of Whispers or something weird o_O?