Thought I heard a rumblin'...

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

…actually, I haven’t, not yet, but it seems quite a few people over on Reddit did.

Given the ending of Scarlet’s story, I would have thought this sort of activity would be confined to the Maguuma area. However, perhaps the Breachmaker made a much larger breach than expected.

Has anyone experienced this while mapping, exploring, or simply running through the jungle?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

…huh. I haven’t myself, no, but my guild leader said she did weeks ago. It was in Bloodtide, but it was back during… Edge of the Mists, I think.

EDIT: Just skimmed the thread, and they made a good point. Elder Dragon awakenings are usually preceded by natural phenomenon across the continent and even beyond. Maybe Mordremoth was already waking up without the ley line.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I actually think I did experience it the other day, though I didn’t realize it. We were doing the IoJ World Boss Train, and during the Maw there was a decent period of earth rumbling that I don’t recall ever happening before during that boss fight. I didn’t think anything of it at the time, though it has me curious now. We might have a relatively epic epilogue in our future. I have to wonder how it’s going to coincide with the relatively long break from Living Story updates…

in Lore

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

Yesterday during guild missions there was an earthquake in Southsun cove. First time I experienced it, my screen wouldn’t stop shaking and there was a rumbling noise.

On the other hand it’s a volcanic island but… I feel like it could have been that.

Zhaitan caused a whole peninsula to rise (+ a tsunami), Kralk left us the brand, Jormag’s doing blizzard stuff up in the north and Primordus is rocking in the depths, Mordry better offers Tyria a world-changing intro as well!

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Earthquakes are a common act in the game, related to various events. In Bloodtide, for example, there is an event chain within the Flooded Castavall about an earthquake unearthing a powerful risen (and artifacts though we never see them), and said earthquake does shake nearby areas.

I’m pretty sure I a Southsun quake before too, near the hive. One at the Maw during the event too, I think (shaking caused by the “blizzard”). So I don’t think any of these are new.

This said though, I would be disappointed if there weren’t a massive world map changing event. Even if we don’t see it in explorable areas, we should see some changes to the world map, IMO.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Earthquakes are a common act in the game, related to various events. In Bloodtide, for example, there is an event chain within the Flooded Castavall about an earthquake unearthing a powerful risen (and artifacts though we never see them), and said earthquake does shake nearby areas.

I’m pretty sure I a Southsun quake before too, near the hive. One at the Maw during the event too, I think (shaking caused by the “blizzard”). So I don’t think any of these are new.

This said though, I would be disappointed if there weren’t a massive world map changing event. Even if we don’t see it in explorable areas, we should see some changes to the world map, IMO.

Emphasis is mine. I experienced this a couple hours ago…was working on mapping the area on my warrior, and it’s been a very long time since I’ve worked Bloodtide so I couldn’t remember if this quaking had always been there, or was new.

Googled it, and landed on my own thread. LOL.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I’ve experiences camera shake/quake in Caledon, pretty sure it’s happening all across the game and is newly implemented.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There’s been camera shake at Morgan’s Spiral and the underground jumping puzzle since release.

I’ve yet to experience new camera shake situations.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I was not in Morgan’s Spiral (I’m quite familiar with the camera shake on certain jumps) or the underground jumping puzzle.
I was up near the overlook at Sleive’s Inlet, and I -think- it happened to be at the Village of Astorea, but I’m not 100% sure about that one.