Thoughts on the new prophecy from trailer?

in Lore

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Is this a new prophecy? Who exactly prophesied it?

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Glint is the likeliest source, as she was the biggest known prophet in Tyrian history, but I don’t know that we know of a prophecy other than the Flameseeker Prophecies or the prophecy of the Great Destroyer, which I doubt reach this far into the future. So, in all likelihood it will be something new to the Lord of the game.

in Lore

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Glint’s Flameseeker Prophecies were complete as said by herself, so we can safely rule her out. There has been a lot of chatter around Aurene and this quite possibly being her prophecy. To a certain extent, that does make sense but my only issue is that Aurene is still practically a newborn. Are newborns even capable of this?

in Lore

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There are hundreds of prophecies – even Nightfall was a prophecy foretold in the stars.

There are two things that come to mind with the trailer’s mention of prophecy. First:

Priory Novice (sylvari): In my Dream, I saw dragons, and a spire of light drove them off.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Durmand_Priory_(location)#Ambient_dialogue

(Fun fact about this one: the Forgotten’s ritual to cleanse dragon corruption takes form in spires of light)

Second:

14 “Glint’s legacy is far more than just her offspring, and you must protect it all.”
“The legacy’s potential will only be realized in the fullness of time when all its pieces have developed and become defined in response to the world around them.”

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Study_in_Gold#Tablets

It’s probable that we’re finally moving on to “Stage 2” of Glint’s legacy and plan to save Tyria from the Elder Dragon threat. Stage 1 was the egg and Aurene, Stage 2 is not directly related to Aurene or Gleam.

Glint’s Flameseeker Prophecies were complete as said by herself, so we can safely rule her out.

Glint foresaw more than just the Flameseeker Prophecies…

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Or just newest prophecy of her scion- Aurene.
Everybody forgets about her. She also has the signs of being a prophet.

I think she will take the major part in the episode.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

No one forgets about her, but right now she doesn’t appear to be relevant. She may have some bearing this episode, but the signs are not there to indicate it. As Konig says, she is likely part of the grand prophecy.

Aurene is just one facet of whatever long game Anet are playing with this story. Unfortunately, it has become so entangled in itself, it is difficult to know where anything is going

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I’m not sure about that. Aurene has already given us a prophecy while still in the egg - that of Logan, Zojja and Trahearne being used as templates for armies of super-Mordrem. Now, that could have been farsight and extrapolation rather than foresight per se, but that’s at least a step along the road.

Heck, the vision just before the Dragon Vigil instance was a prophecy, albeit a short-term one. Other prophecies may be coming.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m not sure about that. Aurene has already given us a prophecy while still in the egg - that of Logan, Zojja and Trahearne being used as templates for armies of super-Mordrem. Now, that could have been farsight and extrapolation rather than foresight per se, but that’s at least a step along the road.

Heck, the vision just before the Dragon Vigil instance was a prophecy, albeit a short-term one. Other prophecies may be coming.

A fair point which I had forgotten about, I have edited my post accordingly

in Lore

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Three thoughts:
1. That dragon is waaay to small, and wrong in shape, of any elder dragon. Thats a champion or luitenant at best. Considering the second scene where a dragon remains lies on the ruins, there are many sub-dragon kills.
2. Balthazar is raising an entire nation for war. It wont be us vs B, it, it will be the Pact vs Pantheon of Fire.
3. Balthazar is raining fire and doom on the crystal desert.. but curiously so.. I saw no trace of that on the leaked maps

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

That end cinematic has nothing to do with the prophecy.

The prophecy talked about in the trailer is actually about Lazarus' death at the hands of The Shining Blade weapon.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Glint is the likeliest source, as she was the biggest known prophet in Tyrian history, but I don’t know that we know of a prophecy other than the Flameseeker Prophecies or the prophecy of the Great Destroyer, which I doubt reach this far into the future. So, in all likelihood it will be something new to the Lord of the game.

Is that like Lord of the Dance?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Is that like Lord of the Dance?

Similar, but even more intriguing!