Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Which Nation do you think is the most powerful? Armies, the most skilled fighters, etc.
Which one do you think is doing the best in fighting the dragons?

Since Cantha was called the land of the dragon (or something similar to that) wouldn’t that give them an advantage in fighting the elder dragons? Perhaps they’ve already killed the water dragon for all we know?

Or maybe Elona with Palawa Joko’s army?
The heroes of Elona managed to kill a God 250 years ago, while Tyrian heroes are unable to kill a single leaf head.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I wouldn’t really say the heroes of Elona managed to kill a god – because they were the heroes of Tyria as a world… I killed Abaddon and my character was Canthan – so yeah. Also that was the effort of a small number of individuals, rather than of a nation. Therefore doesn’t really count.

I’m not really sure how Palawa’s power works, but if he is able to generate new soldiers from any corpse then I’d be inclined to say he has access to the most power.

Cantha being called the land of the dragon doesn’t give them any advantage whatsoever… As far as we can factually state we don’t know if Cantha has anything to do with Elder Dragons – and it probably does not given humans weren’t around during the last rise. Cantha is filled with lesser dragons, e.g. Saltspray dragons.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

During Nightfall, heroes from Tyria and Cantha were recruited to the Sunspears, so yeah, Abaddon was defeated by the heroes of Tyria, Cantha, and Elona. Besides, comparing that to being unable to defeat someone who runs whenever the threat reaches her is not very kind – Abaddon was, after all, chained down thus unable to flee. Plus you’re comparing heroes of the past to heroes of today.

And Cantha being the Empire of the Dragon is irrelevant to having advantages or disadvantages to fighting Elder Dragons – the Elder Dragons don’t care about titles.

Which is most powerful, I would say Cantha because unlike Tyria and Elona, they weren’t wracked with dragons or long-standing wars. Yes, Usoku had went and waged war on Kurzicks, Luxons, and non-humans, but it was an outstanding crushing defeat before Joko even began his renewed assault on Elona (iirc) – which even that didn’t end until 50 years prior to GW2 (it began 60 years after Nightfall, ergo lasted 140 years and even now has confirmed resistances).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Jelle.4623

Jelle.4623

Also, in GW2’s version of Eye of the North the ghost from the GW1 skill trainer says something along the lines ‘I have nothing to teach you, your powers are beyond those of…’. I’d get a screenshot but I’m currently uploading a video which makes GW2 unplayable due to the uploading taking all my bandwith.

Edit: Got it for you :P

Attachments:

(edited by Jelle.4623)

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

This question is impossible to answer without seeing the actual state of Cantha or Elona. What we know is that both nations were united under a dictatorship, one in the form of a xenophobic and isolationist government and the other in the form of an undead lich.

But those events are historical; we know next to nothing about the current state of either land. It’s likely that the Empire and Palawa Joko still hold reign over their respective lands, but I’ll bet that there are resistance factions working against both. Without knowing the extent of their technology or military, it’s impossible to say who is more powerful.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Avish.7938

Avish.7938

Shadow Form came from Cantha. Question answered.

The Elonian, The Gangnam, The Sunspear, The Kournan, The Vabbian, The Istani.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: moomooo.9357

moomooo.9357

I would agree with Cantha aswell. Within the lifetime of one emperor, he managed to rally a force strong enough to force unification of a whole empire. I mean, the Luxons and Kurzicks were no pushovers either. Two factions that were always at war with each other(which stands to reason they would be a formidable force if war is all they knew) and both were crushed swiftly.

Of course, who knows what they’re like now. For all we know the new emperor is a peace loving hippie who makes his citizens pick daisies and eat ice cream all day.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Palawa Joko would kill us all

AmateurNet

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Palawa Joko would kill us all

I’m not sure he would.
I mean he’s not a good guy – and he does have an undead army – but he’s not entiiiirely evil either. Like, he’s definitely not good, but yeah he’s not just like ‘kill everything’ evil.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

He also keeps living people in his empire.

From the Movement of the World, it seems he uses undeath as both a promotional tool (“be of use, and I can make you ‘live’ longer and be more powerful with your own men to order around”) and as punishment (“fight against me, and I’ll make your ‘life’ an unliving hell, never to end”). He still leaves a living population in Elona.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yes well in order to produce more corpses you need to first produce more people :P
If he just had everyone killed his army would have a finite number.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Well, except for the hundreds of thousands of already buried dead people. Not just humans, but other races too. Then there’s any enemies who try to invade or the native inhabitants of any lands he invades.

Finite, sure, but pretty kitten large regardless, and still growing until there’d be no more life – or unused corpses – remaining.

Dear ANet writers,

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

and still growing

Unless he’s fighting branded/risen of course (and maybe some resistence within Elona itself, though I doubt it).

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Imagine all the things Joko could do with Orr undead zombies, Risen, or whatever they’re called. Zhaitan is dead, no one is controlling them anymore, right?

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Eluveitie.1290

Eluveitie.1290

Hard to say because we don’t really have post-Zhaitan risen behaviour. Although I do recall something was said about this topic, can’t really recall where. I believe it was mentioned they’re still under its influence, despite its defeat, and slowly decaying.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Palawa Joko allows people to live because it’s more fun to have power over living beings than undead. Frankly undead are quite boring and won’t clean up after themselves.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Risen are not traditional undead. They’re dragon minions, like Branded and Icebrood – which can also include corpses being corrupted. They’re just constantly called undead because of their appearance and the fact that Zhaitan usually corrupts corpses rather than living beings (Jormag and Kralkatorrik corrupt both).

And they’re still fanatically devoted to Zhaitan (and this isn’t some sort of cultist fanaticism, but more like enforced continual brainwashing – though more specific, evidence points to it being a lack of free will, with Zhaitan’s will imposed on them).

Dear ANet writers,

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

But since Risen can be defeated – would it be possible for Palawa Joko to re-animate their corpses? From what I can remember in GW1 his army are all intelligent, conscious beings who have retained who they were when they were alive? Can the body of a Risen have its “soul” returned to it?

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Norn, charr, sylvari, asuran and humans against cantha or elona? I would say what tyria offers would be an advantage over Elona and Cantha.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Thing is, aspirine, Tyria isn’t united. Elona is only split in two (Whispers versus Joko – which is more of an “Empire versus rebellion” case rather than civil war), while Cantha is to all knowledge, fully united even if solely human.

Dear ANet writers,

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Jelle.4623

>Tyria attacks Elona
>Both sides lose troops
> Palawa Joko uses GW1 Aura of the Lich
>Palawa Joko wins

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

>Tyria attacks Elona
>Both sides lose troops
>Palawa Joko wins

>>Devs nerf Necro’s
>>Palawa Joko’s power is severely stunted
>>Tyria wins

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Jelle.4623

>Tyria attacks Elona
>Both sides lose troops
>Palawa Joko wins

>>Devs nerf Necro’s
>>Palawa Joko’s power is severely stunted
>>Tyria wins

>>>Palawa hides in the hidden former Sunspear Sanctuary
>>>Palawa reanimates Koss
>>>Palawa wins

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

I fail to see how a reanimated Koss = win… I hate Koss. Why not reanimate Varesh Ossa or something ridiculous? I wonder if Margonites can be reanimated? I mean they weren’t really fleshy beings anymore, but who knows?

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Jelle.4623

But Koss… always wins…
But yeah, or General Whatshername who teached Varesh about Abaddon. I bet she would know a couple of nice magic tricks.

Edit: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/General_Kahyet
Funny how it says ‘Elonian Gods’ instead of Human Gods.

(edited by Jelle.4623)

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I fail to see how a reanimated Koss = win… I hate Koss. Why not reanimate Varesh Ossa or something ridiculous? I wonder if Margonites can be reanimated? I mean they weren’t really fleshy beings anymore, but who knows?

They were considered fleshy by games mechanics, and their corpses were exploitable… hm…

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

But Koss… always wins…
But yeah, or General Whatshername who teached Varesh about Abaddon. I bet she would know a couple of nice magic tricks.

Edit: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/General_Kahyet
Funny how it says ‘Elonian Gods’ instead of Human Gods.

Well, what sort of leader would Varesh be if she weren’t taught the ways of the Stone Face? :P

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Jelle.4623

Hehehe I remember that.

Back to Tyria vs Elona, Elona has 2 undead fighting for them. The eternal ghost of Turai Ossa and Palawa himself so still; Elona wins!

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

FlamingFoxx.1305

But The ghost of Turai Ossa wouldn’t fight alongside Palawa Joko…
Also Turai Ossa’s soul was trapped in the Crystal Desert, so not really Joko’s domain and sort of part of Tyria rather than of Elona.

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Actually, Turai’s soul is now in the Hall of Heroes.

“For many centuries have I lingered here in this desert, waiting for the Prophecy to come to pass. The Chosen ones will come and help me gain access to the Mists and pass into the Hall of Heroes. It has all been foreseen.”

Once we Ascended and gained access to the Hall of Ascension, Turai was freed from being a guide in the desert and allowed to be within the Tomb of Primeval Kings – he’s likely amongst the Ghostly Heroes in GW1’s PvP.

Dear ANet writers,

Tyria, Cantha or Elona?

in Lore

Jelle.4623

Oh right! I forgot he was freed. Urgh, minor detail. Oops.

And they wouldn’t have had to fight alongside :p Oh well, I clearly favor Elona, hehe.