Wayfarer Foothills new gate/area?

in Lore

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

I can not recall if this is a new place and its only been something to catch my eye after the updates for this event. On the mountain there are even the steam vents which were definitely not there before.

Attachments:

in Lore

Posted by: Superpal.4961

Superpal.4961

I think it might be new.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

They had mentioned that you might see new buildings and such that hadn’t been there before. I know that’s visible in some of the new routes being made by the refugees and by some of the new refugee camps appearing along the way being attacked by the molten alliance. You are right though, this was not there before.

in Lore

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I was inspecting it, and it doesn’t seem to be only a background prop. They went so far as to add stairs going up as well as an inner gate that you can only see by peeping through the crack in the door. If it was only meant to be a prop idk why they would go to such detail to put in stuff that’s nearly impossible to see unless you’re intentionally trying to see through the door. So hopefully this will lead to some new content (I imagine it will be a small instance, since the path technically leads to Diessa Plateau and from the other side you can see it just kind of disappears into the mountainside).

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned into a mission instance area or even the lead in to a dungeon of sorts.

in Lore

Posted by: Ashebyrne.8352

Ashebyrne.8352

At the moment I am imagining the steam vents as a factory style area where the Dredge are building something terrible. That is the entrance which either as Narcemus says will be to a dungeon or a mouch larger dynamic event involving a lot of people. But this is all supposition based on no facts.

in Lore

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

well it may lead to an event of some sort to do with the char and norn we get to team up with soon but its nice to know it was not there and I am not seeing things lol. I couldn’t find any info on it before.

in Lore

Posted by: Ashebyrne.8352

Ashebyrne.8352

As we build towards the official release date of the next part of the story they do add more – I am sure the vents have got more frequent/constant with their venting – and more have popped up throughout the map. And the more refugees in Lion’s Arch. To me sometimes it is difficult knowing what was there before

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

This was brought up a while back. It was added in with Phase 2. It will likely be relevant with Phase 3.

There’s also a door blocking a cave in westernmost Snowden Drift that was pointed out to me by a guildie – it’s just south of Ossencrest Climb which likely was added with Phase 2.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Elona is Love, Elona is life.