Weapon materials.

Weapon materials.

in Lore

Posted by: Technic.5738

Technic.5738

No, this isn’t ‘hay, what i need to make this’. I’ve been doing a Roleplay Scene with a couple of friends about copying Inquest weapon designs for character weapons, and we’ve come up with a curious question.

The Crucible of Eternity Weapons [like, the dagger and Sword, specifically for the RP.] What metals do you think are involved in the crafting?

While it may not be the case, In character, we had come up, looking at the design, that it’s a couple different metals. The blade itself could be just about anything, We’re not sure if it could be Darksteel, Platinum, Mithril or Orichalcum, or maybe it’s a unique alloy the Inquest developed.

Then, if you look at the Inquest Sword/Dagger [or the Mystic weapons] there’s another metal along the inside of the opening in the blade. We’ve decided that it’s the ‘conductor’ for the electric charge that courses through/along the blade to give it the effect. The core to give the charge, is in the Hilt of the blade of course.

So, we’re trying to figure out what metal might have been used for that too. Again, could be any of the known, or the unnamed inquest alloy for the sake of argument.

I’m more or less trying to spark an idea thread, of what could be used. What are your ideas/theories?

My friend and myself, have decided it could either be Darksteel or Orichalcum for either of the pieces, or the Unnamed Alloy mentioned.

Weapon materials.

in Lore

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Gold is a really good conductor, and it could be made into copper-gold alloy for dark colors according to wikipedia. Other than that, mithril and orichalcum could be great conductors for energy for all we know.

Weapon materials.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’d imagine that the Inquest would want to use magic-conductive metals in their weapons – which we know includes copper and gold at the very least (though copper less so – I would imagine oricalchum would as well, as an inbetween of the two metals, both in conductivity and in strength).

I would also imagine that they’d use a multitude of materials, in order to properly direct said magic (don’t want to go zapping your own hand do you).

Gold […] could be made into copper-gold alloy […] and orichalcum could be great conductors for energy for all we know.

You should probably wiki what Orichalcum is.

Hint: It is (or rather, can be interpreted as – it’s never really clear in the ancient folklore and texts apparently) a copper-gold alloy.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Weapon materials.

in Lore

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Hint: It is (or rather, can be interpreted as – it’s never really clear in the ancient folklore and texts apparently) a copper-gold alloy.

In GW2 it is clearly not the case as it’s a natural mineral out of itself, so I talked about it as is.

Weapon materials.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Element compounds can naturally exist in the ground, so it wouldn’t be so far fetched to believe a copper-gold alloy can naturally form (though I now wonder what kind of combination of Cu and Au would make Oricalchum – Cu2Au? CuAu? CuAu2?).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Weapon materials.

in Lore

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

It’s probably something ridiculous like a 42:39 ratio of gold to copper

80 ele
Yaks Bend

Weapon materials.

in Lore

Posted by: Technic.5738

Technic.5738

Well, I thank you all for your input, it’s definitely helped and given the people I talk with a few ideas about the weapons and what goes into them. We’ll give these ideas consideration, thanks again!

Weapon materials.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I personally find it hard to believe that one of the top metals in the game, to be used for the creation of high end weapons in crafting stations, is an alloy of two of the most malleable metals found on earth.

Weapon materials.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I very much doubt that orichalcum as it exists in GW2 is an alloy of gold and copper. More likely it is simply a name borrowed from mythology and given to a fictional ultra-rare/dense metal found in Tyria, the same way that mithril and adamantium/adamantine have made their way into just about every fantasy game out there.