What Progress do you want in the end of S2?

in Lore

Posted by: Slowpokeking.8720

Slowpokeking.8720

What I want to get is:

Explanation of how to use the egg

Explanation of the Pale Tree’s vision

A big blow against Mordremoth directly

in Lore

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

A hint to the egg but simultaneously crushing defeat at the hands of mordremoth on the front lines. Devestation of the forward pact base and revelation of multiple new mordrem threats custom tailored to take out established pact positions.

Pale tree origin revealed.

Im kinda hoping for. “We have an idea on what we can do to fight back but its still probably gonna be an end of the world scenario” <—- is the feeling im looking for.

Ghost Yak

in Lore

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Pale tree origin, get the egg and find out how we intend to use it, get our collective behinds whooped by Mordremoth. Trahearne may or may not survive.

in Lore

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Pale tree origin, get the egg and find out how we intend to use it, get our collective behinds whooped by Mordremoth. Trahearne may or may not survive.

I actually wouldn’t mind trehearne surviving if he did something incredibly kitten that earned my respect. LIke face planted a mordrem troll alone. Or led attacks into wave after wave of mordrem to buy others a chance to escape. Or even standing on a wall grinning at mordrem reaching for him right as a wave of charr mortars clear the area.

Ghost Yak

in Lore

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

I learned to respect Trahearne by playing the Sylvari storyline. He’s actually a cool guy, once you get to know him.

in Lore

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’m also leaning on the pact getting their behinds handed to them by Mordy big time. I mean, the only alternative should be to get to fight Mordy and kill it, and I don’t think that would be feasible at this point.

One – Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I’m still not sure if Mordremoth has even been properly woken up/at its full power yet. I kinda want there to be a huge catastrophe so he’s on par with the other Elder Dragons so we can truly feel his threatening power, even if all it feels like is one catastrophe after another at the moment….I’d also like to catch some form of glimpse of him, too.

I’d also like some questions answered, preferably. More info on Scarlet despite how much people hated her – we still don’t really know why she wanted to give Mordremoth an early breakfast, if he was telling her to, etc. etc. Caithe’s secret…and Rytlock. I think Rytlock is a given considering how much he’s been teased recently, but I want this season to end with some questions answered rather than questions raised.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

My desires:

• New zone; double or triple the number of story steps
  • Explanation of and obtaining the egg, and the ‘golden location’
  • World Boss with the mordrem plant
  • A giant catastrophe at the very end that leads into an expansion that focuses on fighting Mordremoth.
  • Rytlock’s return.
  • New confrontation with Shadow of the Dragon at golden location.

My expectations:

• Cliffhanger
  • Little progress
  • Still no egg
  • Still no explanation
  • aka E6 and E7 repeated

I’m keeping my expectations low so that I can be pleasantly disproven.

What I don’t expect:

• The Pact getting their butts handed to them, at least in a permanently damaging way.
Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

What I don’t expect:

• The Pact getting their butts handed to them, at least in a permanently damaging way.

The Pact getting their butts handed to them would make uniting the traditional forces of the five races to fight Mordremoth, a thread that began this season with the meeting at the Pale Tree, even more imperative.

It would also give the PC (Pact Commander, convenient acronym) something to do in a future season in terms of building them back up. Trahearne could give us a little cube to help things along.

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

What I don’t expect:

The Pact getting their butts handed to them would make uniting the traditional forces of the five races to fight Mordremoth, a thread that began this season with the meeting at the Pale Tree, even more imperative.

It would also give the PC (Pact Commander, convenient acronym) something to do in a future season in terms of building them back up. Trahearne could give us a little cube to help things along.

But it would also feel like retreading old ground, even worse than episodes 3 and 4 did- and I remember those taking quite a bit of criticism in that regard. Increased national support is good and all, but at this point they either have to be complete imbeciles to ignore what threatens them, or so far out of the line of fire that they have no motivation to help us no matter how many one-sentence arguments we throw at them.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

We get our kitten kicked so hard and disappoint the nations so much that we have to go to a completely different continent to recruit new help!
………………………(I can dream, right)

in Lore

perilisk.1874

But it would also feel like retreading old ground, even worse than episodes 3 and 4 did- and I remember those taking quite a bit of criticism in that regard. Increased national support is good and all, but at this point they either have to be complete imbeciles to ignore what threatens them, or so far out of the line of fire that they have no motivation to help us no matter how many one-sentence arguments we throw at them.

If you mean, in terms of recruiting everyone and so on, sure. That should hopefully be a done deal.

But if their alliance stands up in place of the Pact, there will be more troubles and infighting than can be resolved with a speech from Trahearne on the Lion’s Arch docks, especially if someone or something is working to undermine that alliance.

I could imagine some old wounds being reopened between Sylvari and Asura (which would help justify the most recent episode a bit more), or humans and Charr, either by fate or by malicious conspiracy, and the PC has to get to the bottom of it.

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I would like to see:
- The end of the Caithe’s nasty secret and anything Sylvari from “What Scarlet saw”.
- The end of the egg/Shadow of the Dragon vision storyline as well.
- Some knowledge of how Nightmare and Mordremoth are related (or not).
- The egg doing something now to help against Mordremoth.
- A good reason why the PC had to personally do all this instead of command the Pact.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

If you mean, in terms of recruiting everyone and so on, sure. That should hopefully be a done deal.

But if their alliance stands up in place of the Pact, there will be more troubles and infighting than can be resolved with a speech from Trahearne on the Lion’s Arch docks, especially if someone or something is working to undermine that alliance.

I could imagine some old wounds being reopened between Sylvari and Asura (which would help justify the most recent episode a bit more), or humans and Charr, either by fate or by malicious conspiracy, and the PC has to get to the bottom of it.

So babysitting squabbling children? That’d be retreading the dungeon storyline, would it not?

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

What I don’t expect:

There’s two big issues I see with the whole “Pact getting their buts kicked”

Firstly, we already have the nations’ supports. They all have their own issues, so they can’t give much. What they can give, they’ve sent. The Pact’s defeat now is the same as Tyria’s defeat. Because if the nations give any more, then they’re defenseless to the Nightmare Court, the bandits and centaurs, the Sons of Svanir, the Flame Legion, ghosts, branded, renegades, and separatists (I’m actually rather amazed that the charr are giving all they are given Iron Legion’s hold-ups – but then again, there’s two other legions beyond what controls Ascalon).

Secondly, as Aaron said, having to rebuild the Pact would just be the same old same old. We did this in the Personal Story, and we did this in Episodes 3 and 4. I’d rather have new concepts tossed in. Expanding the Pact is no doubt inevitable, however, as with each battle there will be losses needed to be recovered. But rather than rebuilding with pre-existing forces, such would be better off with new forces, new nations, and delving deep into those groups’ lore. We had a go with the minor races in this to a small degree in the PS, but what of other races? What of kodan and tengu and largos and so forth?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

But rather than rebuilding with pre-existing forces, such would be better off with new forces, new nations, and delving deep into those groups’ lore. We had a go with the minor races in this to a small degree in the PS, but what of other races? What of kodan and tengu and largos and so forth?

Kodan come with Jormag storylines. Tengu come with Primordius storylines. Largos come with Deep-S-Dragon storylines. I guess that we’re seeing more of the centaurs and skritt in LS2 but they’re not yet making an outstanding contribution. If we ever find Malyck’s tree then perhaps it will be the tree on the centaur’s flag and we’ll learn more about the centaurs (or Ventari).

(edited by Stooperdale.3560)

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

But rather than rebuilding with pre-existing forces, such would be better off with new forces, new nations, and delving deep into those groups’ lore. We had a go with the minor races in this to a small degree in the PS, but what of other races? What of kodan and tengu and largos and so forth?

Kodan come with Jormag storylines. Tengu come with Primordius storylines. Largos come with Deep-S-Dragon storylines.

Maybe, maybe not. I know those are who they’re fighting right now (or rather, I suppose, two years ago), but there’s room for that to change, especially with the tengu. I wouldn’t call it a sure bet.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I don’t see why tengu=Primordus. They’re hardly underground related. They just have a presumably minor destroyer problem.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

My desires:

• New zone; double or triple the number of story steps
  • Explanation of and obtaining the egg, and the ‘golden location’
  • World Boss with the mordrem plant
  • A giant catastrophe at the very end that leads into an expansion that focuses on fighting Mordremoth.
  • Rytlock’s return.
  • New confrontation with Shadow of the Dragon at golden location.

My expectations:

• Cliffhanger
  • Little progress
  • Still no egg
  • Still no explanation
  • aka E6 and E7 repeated

I’m keeping my expectations low so that I can be pleasantly disproven.

What I don’t expect:

This, except for the pact part and the little progress .

I believe the Episode will be bigger than the other two, in terms of progress. However we will have a lack of a conclusive, or at least satisfying end, making it basicly the chapter one, which sets the stage, with S1 being the prelude to the whole thing.

On the Pact thing.
You know. I am kind of in a problematic spot here. It`s the stupid thing called: “Show, don`t tell.”
What we saw was one camp, with some airships, getting ready. We got some help from some races, but not all promised were present.

That being said. We did not see the wareffort that is supposed to be there.

We are only told that they get ready for a big strike. Howver we don`t know against what.

By all means it could only mean we attack the Mordrem Plant, to stop it from producing more enemies.
I mean, we did not go further than the Silverwastes and we know of no other reconaisence missions, which went deeper in.
Sending the whole fleet into unknown territory is madness in my book.

Point being. We haven`t been part of this frontline for some time and have no clue what is going on.
That means we don`t know if the nations have send everything they promised, or if that`s just the first people they could spare.

As for things I wish that should happen
Something different outside of Caithe`s reasoning, the pact attack, a new Worldboss or Mordremoths real body.

For me, it would be the introduction of a new enemy. Or a third major force, to throw a wrench in all the plans that are going on.

Like an old race coming back with the White Mantle (not nessecary the Mursaat i might say. They could work in other, forgotten …)

I mean. They tease something wild. I hope for something unexpected.

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Confirmation that we’re getting an expansion shortly. Nau.

Oh and some Tengu. After stories in Spires of Arakk and Terokk, I’m really looking foward to what Anet bakes for us, since Tengu have way more expanded lore and possibilities.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Lore

perilisk.1874

So babysitting squabbling children? That’d be retreading the dungeon storyline, would it not?

In the same sense that fighting Mordremoth is retreading the Zhaitan storyline. That is, the execution is what determines whether it feels like a retread or something compelling in its own right.

But, no, I was thinking more along the lines of unraveling a conspiracy to fracture the alliance, not helping racial exemplars take care of personal business and listening to them whine about each other.

in Lore

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

I’d really like to get a glimpse of Mordremoth, maybe even a little skirmish with him. One thing that really disappointed me with Zhaitan was that you only actually saw him for about 5 minutes of the entire game. I get that they wanted to get the full shock value out of the massive, intricate model. However, it didn’t feel nearly as satisfying as it would have if you had gotten glimpses of him before.