What are those Orrian arch structures?

in Lore

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

Does anyone know what are those Orrian arch structures and their significance?

http://www.guildmag.com/magazine/issue9/img/interview_orr.jpg

in Lore

Posted by: SlyFoxSays.5342

SlyFoxSays.5342

“…the Six Human Gods arrived from the Mists, and made Orr a green and flowering expanse. They followed a source of magic coming from The Artesian Waters and built over the subterranean waterway their city, which they called Arah.”

The only in-game reference to them, I know of, is derived from a communion skill challenge found in Cursed Shores: “It’s unknown what purpose these giant rings once served, but they fell with such a force that they’re now half buried in the Orrian soil.”

I think it can be safe to conclude that this is just architecture of godly proportions, giving a glimpse of Orr’s former grandeur without affecting the dilapidated vibe brought out by Zhaitan’s corruption.

“You must always know where your towel is.”

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s a giant arch that leads into the center of Arah, to the center of the nation of Orr even. There are six of them in total, two can be found in Cursed Shore while one ends behind the Temple of Balthazar. They come together at the place where the Giganticus Lupicus is fought in Arah explorable.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Corvus.5836

Corvus.5836

It’s a giant arch that leads into the center of Arah, to the center of the nation of Orr even. There are six of them in total, two can be found in Cursed Shore while one ends behind the Temple of Balthazar. They come together at the place where the Giganticus Lupicus is fought in Arah explorable.

You are a lore and GW factual God my friend.
Your posts are everywhere and every one is incredibly helpful.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

You are a lore and GW factual God my friend.
Your posts are everywhere and every one is incredibly helpful.

Hear hear!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)