What happened to Kasmeer's abilities?

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

At the beginning of season 2 Kasmeer developed improved abilities. The story behind this seems to have been dropped. Has anyone seen any explanation for these abilities?

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Her powers are still there. She briefly mentions them as well in one of the story instances. I forget the exact details, but she mentions detecting truth in (I think) one of the Itzel.

It isn’t expanded on beyond a bit of throwaway dialogue though

in Lore

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

Kasmeer really wasn’t a focus in HoT. If anything, I felt ArenaNet were trying to keep her out of story instances as much as possible, because they had nothing for her, this time round. She’ll probably get more of a focus when we get to a plotline about her and Jory, or The Mesmer Collective. They have more than a few plotlines to expand her with, so I felt Braham and Canach could have done with the attention this time round, since theres less character development opportunities for them in the narratives.

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I would think though that if Kasmeer received her extra abilities from Mordremoth, his death might be a bit of a shock to her.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Kassmeer (and I need to find the quote, I am sorry) did not gain extra abilities.
The writers have confirmed (for now) that the events in the tower of nightmare have nothing to do with her sudden stronger magic.

It has been described that all the events around Scarlet have just cleared a mental block and she was just a powerfull Mesmer all along.

All her abilities can be traced back to basic Mesmer and detective abilities. Like empathy, mind reading, etc.

She is a powerfull Mesmer who has awoken to he power.
The prick in the tower was a red hering.

Overall we have no further info there and till the devs don`t go into further detail here, we have nothing to go on about.

Its more likely that she will be our bridge to the nobles of the humans and to the conspiracy surounding Anise.