What happened to PC from GW1?

in Lore

Posted by: Batsy.6247

Batsy.6247

In GW1 story ends after Wind of Change. We ended afflicted plague and its done, but what happened to PC? Is there any info in GW2, in lore books or something? We know a lot about hero and henchman future but nothing about us the player character.

in Lore

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

We died or however one RPs them to have turned out to be in RP on here.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Lore

Posted by: Batsy.6247

Batsy.6247

I’m totally certain that our character died. I’m only curious how did it happened. I find it cool if we would have some info about that. For example PC decided to follow dwarfs with their fight with Primordus minions and this is the last info we have. So we could assume that PC died in a fight. In current situation we know nothing. As well PC could start a farm, have family and died in his bed surrounded by his/hers grandchildren, be one of Foefire victims or rotted in some Canthan dungeon for insulting Emperor or some important person.

I think it would be nice for GW1 players if we could find some journal with info about PC during next LS updates.

in Lore

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

By not telling us what happened to the PC, we can create our own story, our own ending of our PC.

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Lore

Posted by: joeyw.9531

joeyw.9531

For me, our hero died during the Foefire.
If your character came from Prophecies, I think he travelled to Ascalon to defend his nation from charrs.
If your character has a canthan or elonian background, we could imagine he followed Keiran or/and Gwen as they are close friends. Then, what happened to our favorite couple ?

My character was created on Factions so I made him dead on this way in my RP ^^

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

By not telling us what happened to the PC, we can create our own story, our own ending of our PC.

Probably the safest way to go about it.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

They left the end of the PC open ended like they did for a lot of aspects around the PCs.

There was meant to be two more storylines – one around Elona and one around Ascalon – but with the playerbase decreasing so much when GW2 was released, and staying low for three months, the plug was pulled on such, despite the storyline for the former having been done already. But even if those were made, I doubt the PC’s end would be anything but open ended.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, leaving the Hero’s story open-ended would be the best solution. My personal headcanon?

1. My Ascalonian Warrior and Canthan Assassin get married and settle down in Kryta, where Queen Salma bestows a noble title upon them for their help during the War in Kryta. My GW2 Mesmer is a descendant of the pair, and still holds her noble title.

2. My Ascalonian Necromancer becomes even more reclusive and solitary. He eventually heads to Elona to study under Palawa Joko to further his knowledge of undeath. (He also operated as a secret spy for my Paragon. See below.) Eventually he leaves Joko’s service once he had learned enough to undertake the Lich transformation himself. His current whereabouts are unknown.

3. My Ascalonian Monk returns to Ascalon and does her best to ease the pain and suffering of its citizens. She eventually travels to Ebonhawke with Gwen and Keiran, continuing her ministering to its people. She dies there of old age and is buried in the cemetery along with her friends and Nicholas/Yakkington.

4. My Elonian Paragon returns to Istan and becomes the new leader of the Sunspears for a time. He eventually retires with honor and glory, and dies before Palawa Joko made his move to conquer Elona. (I allow myself a little hubris and RP it as Joko being afraid to launch his war while my Paragon was still alive to fight him. )

in Lore

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

They should release a gw1 expansion where we die in a epic battle

AmateurNet

in Lore

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Wasn’t it lightly implied in one of the books that our heroes were killed by Glint? I remember her mentioning heroes involved with the Flameseeker deal coming back to kill her later on, and she defeats them.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Lore

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Actually it was a reference to a mission in GW1 where you had to defeat her, and Glint just states the heroes came to fight here, nothing more

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

For my headcanon, I like to come up with slightly comical ways for my characters to die.

Like my Ele main for example… He survived the destruction of his homeland by crystal barrage, Charr hordes, xenophobic dwarves, murderous cultists, the Mursaat, a traitorous lich, Titans, a plague, mutated abominations, emperor killing villain risen again, demons, the return of said traitorous lich and emperor killing villain, a dark fallen god, and molten dragon minions.

What they couldn’t accomplished was done by an uneven rug and tumble down a flight of stairs.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The line in Edge of Destiny could be taken either way, in all honesty, but to me sounds to be implying something closer to what Squee said.

“Three hundred years ago, I welcomed heroes such as yourselves, hailing them as the Chosen who would destroy the titans and save the world. But did they remember? Did not the very heroes that I sent return to battle me again? And now _you come to slay me?"_

Glint makes it clear that the heroes of Prophecies “returned to battle [her] again”, indicating that: 1) she isn’t talking about the first meeting she had with the heroes of Prophecies and 2) a second fight took place. Implying that the bonus did happen, perhaps as a failure (the whole cinematic if your party wipes and all, is likely the canon), but that the heroes returned later on.

And she gives a hint of context to this second confrontation later on:

“But three hundred years ago , the dragons’ bellies were empty, and their minds were awakening. Three hundred years ago, the sons of men fought me before they understood that I was their ally.”

It seems to me that one of the cut intended storylines for Beyond was to involve our PCs learning about the Elder Dragons, and Glint’s connection to them, and going to confront her about it thinking she’s been playing them the fool the whole time or some such.

If so, it’s a real shame we didn’t get a completion of Beyond.

There’s no hint that Glint killed the PCs – not without reviving them (the bonus for Dragon’s Lair) at least. But there’s hint that the PCs fought Glint a second time, after learning about the Elder Dragons and her ties to Kralkatorrik.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Indeed, it implies both ideas, thanks!

But I prefer to believe my characters were more intelligent and knew Glint wasn’t a threat

Regarding RP, my GW1 necro died of old age and is the ancestor of my GW2 necro, same with my elementalists. And I somehow hope that my dervish and ritualist managed to stay alive by hiding/magic

Son of Elonia.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Actually, I may be one of the few PC’s in GW1 that has an official ending for the character, that was recorded on film!

A massive group of players gathered during the Horrorween event, to summon forth a gateway, and send me and Miya back to our home world.

The players were instructed by Daniel Frozenwind (the snowman King) to dance around in circles, and fire off any festive items at their disposal, to energize the gateway.

As the players started running circles faster and faster, and Grenth’s Reapers channeled the energy into the shrine, a pillar of light started forming. And in one bright flash both me and Miya were gone, much to the surprise of an astonished audience (who had probably never seen anything like it in the game).

250 years later we returned, through a portal. For us, no time has passed, we are the exact same age as we were when we left. But time has not stood still for Tyria.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Lore

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I like that they didn’t say because it leaves it open for us to make up our own endings.

I haven’t worked out the details for all 10 of my GW1 characters, except that all of them had children (so that my GW2 human can be their descendant) and most of them died in combat.

My main character lived just outside the Ascalon Settlement for many years, until her children were old enough to take over the homestead, then she decided to go off exploring again. Last anyone heard she was heading back to the Maguuma Jungle, which was always one of her (and my) favourite places. I like to think she got over the edge of the map, and died to something other than a troll or spider, maybe something no Ascalonian had seen before, but I kind of like that even I don’t know exactly.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Lovecraft Thrall, my PvP necro from GW1, has been reincarnated as a Charr necromancer in GW2.

Grenth has a weird sense of humor.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Lore

Posted by: Marcus Darlon.7325

Marcus Darlon.7325

For me, this question has to do a lot with who my character/the PC, was. Who and what he did, his life, define his end. One of the things he did was only done once, in all of mortal human history. He fell a GOD. When Grenth displaced Dhuum he was already half-god, essentially a demi-god in his own right, not exactly a normal mortal being. Grenth didn’t fight alone though, he took 7 of his closest friends/best fighters with him, and because of their work that day they are honored for all of time to be his Seven Reapers. With Kormir behind me, my PC fought armies of evil soldiers, and slew men and demon alike, of every color and sort all in the name of Istan, the Sunspears, and saving the world. I crossed countries and delved into the depths of the realm of a God gone mad, inside his twisted realms I slew once again a powerful Lich and an ancient assassin known as Shiro before, by my own hand, slew a God himself.

We know in the lore that about 60 years after Nightfall Palawa Joka began his take over of all of Elona. By then my PC would have been getting pretty old, and however he died, I choose to believe that like Grenth, Kormir would acknowledge who she fought with, and that she could not have done it alone. I think it logical that however and whenever my PC died, he was not taken by Grenth, but instead Kormir, who turned him into one of her personal champions, akin to Grenth’s Reapers. RP wise, before he did finally ascend to Kormir though, he left behind a small family, hidden from Palawa Joko. With that family he left the ways of his Sunspear order and the stories and wisdom from his travels.

250 years later, Nicholas Darlon, hailing now from Tyria with his Elonian sister, found a suit of armor, weapon, and shield in a run down place called the Hall of Monuments deep in the far northern mountains. Strangely, the only thing to explain these powerful mysteries items was a name. Marcus Darlon, some long lost warrior who held the same name, perhaps an ancestor.

My GW2 warrior, Nicholas Darlon, wears the same black Primeval armor my GW1 warrior, Marcus Darlon, wore. In GW2 I now use Lord Taere’s Shadow to replicate my GW1 Fellblade being one handed, and I use the Ghastly Grinning Shield to replicate my GW1 Aegis/Bastion/Shield of the Condemned.

Because RP wise my GW1 warrior is with Kormir, that means he’s somewhere in the mists, perhaps watching the rise of his descendant, using his old gear.

in Lore

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I’d like to think that, after the War in Kryta, my PC finally settled down, started a family, and was thus the ancestor of my GW2 human (who, oddly enough, is not my main). The PCs were really dragged around by the nose, and no place was really safe, chasing after the next horror to destroy the world. It’d be nice if there was a happy ending waiting there, with a bit of peace before dragons disrupt everything.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

-Snip-

What a great backstory, I love it!

in Lore

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I know what happened to mine, every single one even the mule characters who were just there to hold things.

As for my main character . . . I think “heroic death” doesn’t describe it. There was nothing heroic about it.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

In GW1 story ends after Wind of Change. We ended afflicted plague and its done, but what happened to PC? Is there any info in GW2, in lore books or something? We know a lot about hero and henchman future but nothing about us the player character.

Legendary Spearmarshal Shaskaar Boneheart was murdered by Palawa Joko’s forces, his corpse too mangled to reanimate into the Mordant Crescent.

in Lore

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Our characters all died from old age (we know people in Tyria rarely get older than 50 years), hunger, diseases and “accidents”. Judging from the HoM all the belongings of our GW1 characters got pillaged, their graves (if they got properly burried and not just dumped into the LA sewer system) robbed and every picture and painting burned and forgotten.
Else i cant explain why my GW2 characters were poor as kitten when i started playing.
Another explanation might be that our characters along with the Tengu, Luxon and Kurzick leaders got invited to the palace in Kaineng after we finished cleansing the affliction. There the ministry of purity announced the reunification of Cantha and the cleansing of all non humans. They then attempted to kill the leaders and ofc our characters tried to defending them. But in the end they all got slaughtered by hundereds of archers and mages. Their dead bodies thron into the sewers so it looked like they got ambushed and killed by the Am Fah or Jade Brotherhood. Everything what reminded the world of our characters got wiped out and their names deleted from the chronicles.
After all we know how Canthanians deals with those issues.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

We’re “poor” because all the farming of Platinum devauled it

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Lore

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Actually, I may be one of the few PC’s in GW1 that has an official ending for the character, that was recorded on film!

A massive group of players gathered during the Horrorween event, to summon forth a gateway, and send me and Miya back to our home world.

The players were instructed by Daniel Frozenwind (the snowman King) to dance around in circles, and fire off any festive items at their disposal, to energize the gateway.

As the players started running circles faster and faster, and Grenth’s Reapers channeled the energy into the shrine, a pillar of light started forming. And in one bright flash both me and Miya were gone, much to the surprise of an astonished audience (who had probably never seen anything like it in the game).

250 years later we returned, through a portal. For us, no time has passed, we are the exact same age as we were when we left. But time has not stood still for Tyria.

Dang… You all threw some serious parties back on GW1, didn’t you?
Quite cool to watch!
(… Darn it, now I can’t get that song, ‘Devils Never Cry’ out of my head… >.<)

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Quite cool to watch!

Well, that party was certainly getting crazy.

Too bad the portal happened to drop you in during what could be the least interesting time for the Mad King.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Quite cool to watch!

Fortunately there’s another Horrorween event this month, on Aurora Glade. Still going strong after all these years!

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Quite cool to watch!

Fortunately there’s another Horrorween event this month, on Aurora Glade. Still going strong after all these years!

. . . must guest . . .

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an event to top the Mursaat Rally. That one was killer…

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

kitten you Europeans…

NA’ers can’t guest over.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an event to top the Mursaat Rally. That one was killer…

As someone who ran three successive MantleCons (spiritual successors of the Mursaat Rally), I am sad to hear this.

But I suppose you can’t top Anet trolling your event with an invasion of mursaat in a location you can’t use skills.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Daniel Frozenwind.2946

Daniel Frozenwind.2946

All of this event talk makes me smile…..I wonder what happened to my character in the past 250 years…

One (1) Snowman Helm required. 100k + XXX Ecto.

in Lore

Tobias Trueflight.8350

But I suppose you can’t top Anet trolling your event with an invasion of mursaat in a location you can’t use skills.

Yes you can.

Gwen the little child dropping fiery apocalypse at the end of the Beta.

in Lore

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

My personal headcanon is that my primary character, a mesmer, emigrated from Elona to Kryta after Nightfall was averted, which is how she took part in the events recounted in Eye of the North and War in Kryta. She, having been ennobled by Queen Salma for her manifold services to Kryta and in defense of humanity, and her family settled down in Lion’s Arch after the restoration of Salma to the throne, and her descendants later moved to Divinity’s Reach when it became the new capital, helping other Elonians escape Palawa Joko’s tyranny and becoming prominent in the Elonian expatriate community there; the family intermarried with several Krytan noble families, which is why my first character, a direct descendant of that mesmer and herself a mesmer, made her home in Salma District and counted Lord Faren among her close friends.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Also, we have an official story regarding how Daniel Frozenwind (my snowman companion) came back too. For many years he was in a frozen stasis, deep in the Shiverpeaks. Upon arriving back in Tyria (roughly two years ago), the Mad Queen ventured into the Shiverpeaks to find him, using an old map, some Dolyak mounts, and with the help of a ranger who knew the treacherous road through Lornar’s Pass.

But before finding him, they were attacked by Sons of Svanir. After a brief battle with the dragon cultists, during which both Dolyaks died, the Mad Queen opened a secret passage to Daniel’s last resting place. She returned his magic hat to him, which revived him, for the most part. It will take some time before Frozenwind is fully restored though. But now he is back just in time for his next event.

in Lore

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I have some kind of similar idea of stasis for two of my characters: my dervish and my ritualist.
I know my necromancer died of old age and my necro in GW2 is a direct descendant. My other GW2 characters are brand new in “my story”.
However, my GW2necro (in his RP story) received from my GW1necro (and the family) a box containing a piece of wood from Echovald forest and sand from the Desolation, among other things. They are the key to awaken the fighters from Cantha and Elona in order to battle against EDs
However, if it appears to be too complex (since skills have huge chances to change, and since there might not be dervish and ritualists), I’ll somehow work on the fast that my dervish’s and ritualist’s souls will be reincarnated in new host.

Son of Elonia.

in Lore

Posted by: Danger.3208

Danger.3208

I prefer leaving this open to create our own character stories. I think it would be interesting if with future access to the eye of the north you could fill out a bio and have it displayable somehow in gw2 ruins. Or instead maybe an item/journal that our current character can bring back to their home instance and display?

in Lore

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

autoerotic asphyxiation