What have you done with Orr.

in Lore

Posted by: rathy.2075

rathy.2075

What have you done with the initial story. From the point when we finish claws island story arc, all the story is broken. Rapid succession on the mission co cleanse the land, using the flying boat, to return to the start and learn that Tom is dead without making the mission. Where come the orb that protect the fort Trinity? Where is this mission also?

This is where I’m with the story with my latest character, and I have found that you have scrap this story. Why have you done this horrible change to the Orr story.

I have start this character to test your new update, and I have found all the change was a good choice, until I have finish the claw island story arc.

How many other story have you remove. And how many story will sound strange with all this change.

When we see update, we hope that new story will appear, not the opposite.

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

What have you done with the initial story.

Me? I haven’t done anything!
Although I guess you’re referring to ANet… but yeah story’s messed up. ANet knows, hopefully they’ll do something about it.

in Lore

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

To be fair (even though there seems to be some weirdness with the changes) the orb in Fort Trinity have always magically appeared over there, no matter which story path you choose. Same with basically everything in Orr, it happens even if you go with another solution.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Lore

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

To be fair (even though there seems to be some weirdness with the changes) the orb in Fort Trinity have always magically appeared over there, no matter which story path you choose. Same with basically everything in Orr, it happens even if you go with another solution.

Actually, if you picked the non-Apatia choices and talk to Trahearne/the NPCs, they inform you that Pact forces found and retrieved the orb. So yeah that’s not magical :P
Similarly, Tonn’s bombs are always mentioned when blowing open the gate to the asura gates. Tho I can’t remember anymore if Syska was also mentioned/hinted at.

And even though we can only take 1 route throughout the game, the game’s narrative mostly acts as if all succeeded.
(Similar example, you can only recruit 1 minor race in your personal story but at the end celebration all of their representatives are together in fort trinity which means canonically all of them decided helping the effort against the elder dragons)

Anyways, I’m upset about the PS change as well and won’t dare to finish the 50s arc on my alts until they fixed everything. :/

(edited by ElysianEternity.6215)

in Lore

Posted by: rathy.2075

rathy.2075

After Claws island is finish, and free, you directly go to Concordia, and then to Fort trinity. After these two mission, you take a couple of time in flying boat, making 3 mission to cleanse the land. Go to the temple of Grenth, go to the tomb, and Cleanse the source of Orr. Many mission was between this mission in the past.

In the past, after the land is cleanse, you have almost finish the game and you only have to defeat the dragon. No, you return in the past mission, and continu with the mission where you go to the Abadon temple with Sayeh Al’rajihd.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

@rathy: It’s a known situation that was brought about with the September 9th feature patch. There’s two or three threads about it on the front page of this forum, as well as just as many in other forums.

Tho I can’t remember anymore if Syska was also mentioned/hinted at.

Not directly, but there are risen mesmers infiltrating as Pact members (specifically Vigil) just like Labwan was.

And even though we can only take 1 route throughout the game, the game’s narrative mostly acts as if all succeeded.

Not necessarily. They all occur, but it takes the paths to be without the PC – some succeed, others succeed but at less good levels, and some don’t succeed.

Anyways, I’m upset about the PS change as well and won’t dare to finish the 50s arc on my alts until they fixed everything. :/

It’s the 60s – specifically Retribution – that you cannot finish. A Light in the Darkness still gives the fear choosing, so theoretically when they re-impliment the fear arc (or rather, if) it should register so long as you haven’t completed Retribution/unlocked Chapter 7 (which begins with Forging the Pact).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

@Konig

Yeah, that’s what I meant with mostly. :P

And to be honest I’m wary of them screwing up some things when fixing and the game not registering the picked choice at the end of A light in the Darkness and giving you fear 1 as default choice or something if picked before the fix goes live, so I’ll play my cards extra safe for now. <_>

in Lore

Posted by: caggles.2674

caggles.2674

I came here just to talk about this. I’m so disappointed in these changes! The stuff that was cut was so good! The Temple of Abbadon, the story about cutting off ‘food’ to the Mouth of Zhaitan, the whole plot arc about approaching Cursed Shore from land, sea or air… And of course, Tonn, Apatia and Syska.

Honestly, I hope they fix it. I’d like to see a personal stories unlocked at 65 (tonn/apatia/syska), 70 (stories from the straits of devastation), 75 (stories from malchor’s leap) and 80 (stories from cursed shore). I could definitely understand reducing the amount of XP awarded per story as a result, but it would most definitely be worth it, IMO.

I know there are a lot of complaints about the personal story for writing and stuff, but it has it’s great moments too. And they’ve cut out just about all of those great moments past Claw Island

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Not directly, but there are risen mesmers infiltrating as Pact members (specifically Vigil) just like Labwan was.

The mention of ‘disturbing… glitches in communication’ may also be a reference to the activities of Risen mesmers.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

Where come the orb that protect the fort Trinity?

You retrieve the orb during Apatia arc. Do you reference the battle for Fort Trinity? Is this mission also gone? (Haven’t played PS since change)

Syska is lying in a cave in the open world and is the only story arc I know which has an open world event tied to it (If you had the story and interacted with the body an event started in that cave).

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

in Lore

Posted by: Ishmael.6740

Ishmael.6740

What I don’t get is, when they chose to swap around the endgame missions, why would they not change dialogues etc. to match their changes?

This can not have been tested, or it has been tested by someone who didn’t care. There are major issues and inconsistencies in the story line now. Inconsistencies that jump right at you when you play from 60-80.

I guess the most obvious is the cleansing of orr mission, where you meet people you don’t know who talk about missions you supposedly went on with them, mentioning mouths and eyes you have no clue about. It’s a mess.

ANet screwed that one up, there is no way that this storyline was tested and approved by someone who had a clue what they were doing.

e: And this is what kind of kittenes me off, they could at least have put in the efford to see if their changes work and they clearly didn’t. As if they don’t care at all about their story.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Syska is lying in a cave in the open world and is the only story arc I know which has an open world event tied to it (If you had the story and interacted with the body an event started in that cave).

There’s a grand total of 6 or 7 PS-related open world events. Along with the one you mention, there is three versions of the “kill the risen captain and avenge [insert mentor name here]” events, and then there’s a Renegade Captain event in southern Blazeridge which only spawns if you killed Ajax (Vigil Chp4), and there’s a Son of Svanir event in Dredgehaunt if you are Priory and completed chapter 4. Not sure if there’s an event for Whispers, never beat it but it’d be tied to someone wanting revenge for Landon no doubt.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

Not sure if there’s an event for Whispers, never beat it but it’d be tied to someone wanting revenge for Landon no doubt.

You got Ministry Guards that spawn occasionally (for me, in Harathis Hinterlands) and try to kill you, saying that Caudecus sends them to thank you for stealing his daughter.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Lore

Posted by: Horst Hortensie.5420

Horst Hortensie.5420

It’s different, because the one I mention is activated only if you have that personal story step activated. All those revenge events are available multiple times and spawn according to story taken and position on the world map independed from the actual story. The event I am talking about is available once per character and only in this story step which is not available anymore.

Edit: Found the event listed in the wiki, if I am not wrong then it’s kind of lost (except for those few who still have that story step open).
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroy_the_undead_mesmer_illusions

Slow clap for the great puppet player.

(edited by Horst Hortensie.5420)

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Not sure if there’s an event for Whispers, never beat it but it’d be tied to someone wanting revenge for Landon no doubt.

You got Ministry Guards that spawn occasionally (for me, in Harathis Hinterlands) and try to kill you, saying that Caudecus sends them to thank you for stealing his daughter.

Yeah, I’ve had that in Harathi as well. IIRC, it’s not an area where other events are likely to lead you to or an area that you need to pass through for world exploration (you CAN, but a lot of people probably won’t), though, so it’s easily missed.

On the other hand, I don’t think I’ve seen the Priory one myself, although it may have been a while ago and I’ve forgotten about it.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

There is an event where a Son of Svanir jumps down from a tree to exact revenge on you for killing the Son of Svanir boss in the Priory arc. Can’t remember names, though.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.