What is the thaumanova reactor? short theory

in Lore

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Now that the thaumanova fractal is coming out in a few days i tought id come with a summary about what happened to the thaumanova reactor, what is going to happend and what it is. Well im gonna start out with that thaumanova is an ancient asuran city which is proven by a NPC right outside the thaumanova reactor a researcher he says it in a say bubble sometimes im gonna pinpoint his location on a pic down below.
many of you might know this. but ive seen a lot of ppl which dont know this especially woodenpotatoes on his thamanova theory on youtube which he havent seen that dialogue.

so we got it etablished that thaumanova was an city that also explains like the thaumanova power all over the world which basicly means its energy and techonology from that blown up city. The thaumanova reactor however was an inquest facility BENEATH the large asuran city which is seen by the ruins that does not seem like they belong in the reactor it self. the reactor is basicly a nuculear reactor that went wrong they used chaos energy from kraklatorik as proven by the chaos caverns jumpingpuzzle its crystals which —> kraklatorik. they used that energy like we use radiation matirials to try to make power. so somthing went wrong and it basicly became a nuculear meltdown. which took the city and the reactor in its blast. in addition it created chaos rifts which is due to kraklatorik combined with the radtiation this is probilary what they ment that the reactor ment somthing in the lore.

I belive this dungeon will be:
You will probiliary come in right after its blown up and see chaos while inquest tries to calm down the sitation you might even play as one of them and try to calm down chaos beasts. Kinda like COE just that youre inquest there is no enemy players and you fight against chaos beasts and try to harness the sitation i belive at the same time as much of this theory gets told inside it and comes with new lore.

Summary, the thaumanova reactor was an chaos (nuculear) reactor beneath the city thaumanova that harnessed kraklatorrik power to gain power but then it became a chaos (nuculear) meltdown. compared to COE which harness all 5 dragons.

Here is LOCATION of proof of the thaumanova reactor once being a city, i couldnt wait for the dialogue to pop up due to being inpatient but ive seen it several times but never got time to take a pic but if you go your self you’l see if you can wait there where the researcher mentions it being a city.

Edit: He got several dialogues

Attachments:

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

(edited by Big Tower.5423)

in Lore

Big Tower.5423

Post your toughts and what you belive. Do you agree with me? do you have any proof against my theories? please let me know in the comment section below

Edit: Id love to hear your toughts konig

(edited by Big Tower.5423)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Getting tired of people calling me out for my opinion… think I may take a break from the forum soon.

Anyways, a few issues with your stated “facts”:

1. The city wasn’t ancient. It wasn’t even there during GW1 and the NPC doesn’t claim it is ancient, just that it was a city. How old it is is unknown but it’s less than 250 years old, and it’s also unknown how long ago it blew up, though known to be “recent.” Also, it isn’t a pop-up, but if you talk to him directly.
  2. The reactor itself was part of the city, I believe. I am not 100% sure on this though.
  3. Neither the crystals nor the magic belongs to Kralkatorrik. Nothing even implies this, but I presume you mistaken this by the fact that the Chaos Crystal Caverns is near the Dragonbrand. It should be noted that the crystals are completely different in appearance from the Dragonbrand crystals. You say that “crystals which -> kralkatorrik” but not all crystals – let alone magical crystals – come from Kralkatorrik. Power crystals are a very intricate part of asuran society and has been since their time in the depths.
  4. Chaos rifts also not due to Kralkatorrik. He doesn’t utilize chaos magic – even if his minions’ spells appear like mesmer skills, they’re actually utilizing the elements. However, it should be noted that Thaumanova was a precursor to the Infinity Coil Reactor which houses the Crucible of Eternity which focuses on Elder Dragon magic, as well as other things like chaos magic. So there may or may not be ties to the Elder Dragons in general – given there’s at least four areas matching known Elder Dragon themes (ice, vegetation, fire, aquatic) it’s possible – heck, this may be the reason the Inquest know of the Deep Sea Dragon and Jungle Dragon.

As for what the dungeon will be – Kiel promised to look into the cause of the explosion. So we’ll likely see the build-up to it, rather than the immediate aftermath. I doubt the Inquest would be dumb enough to be at Thaumanova immediately after the meltdown. There’s rumors of destroyers causing the explosion, so who knows we may see some destroyers.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Angry Dutch.2439

Angry Dutch.2439

The inquest seem to be looking for ways to atain power. What if the Thaumova reactor was an attempt to drain the power of the human gods and when that blew up (and the gods disapeared) they tried the next best thing. The elder dragons in the Eternity coil.
I base this on absolutly nothing, just a rondom thought

There is no shame in fear of the dutchman.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Only Lyssa is tied to chaos magic. I find that unlikely. Especially since, as I said, the explosion is recent. The Six left (physically) 1325 years prior (possibly take a few years depending on what year the reactor exploded) and 240-some years after they stopped interacting with the world.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Angry Dutch.2439

Angry Dutch.2439

True, but they have been completly absent in the last 250 years. Which still can be considered ‘recent’. I personally would really like the idea of the inquest using some form of magitech to rip apart one of the human gods as it would add a dark undertone to the inquest as a whole. Lyssa’s death scream would certainly silence the gods for a while

There is no shame in fear of the dutchman.

in Lore

Big Tower.5423

Ok thanks for replies :P Was a theory though but thanks good to see that we get closer to an answer atm the thing is to speculate and find answer at last

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

As for what the dungeon will be – Kiel promised to look into the cause of the explosion. So we’ll likely see the build-up to it, rather than the immediate aftermath. I doubt the Inquest would be dumb enough to be at Thaumanova immediately after the meltdown. There’s rumors of destroyers causing the explosion, so who knows we may see some destroyers.

Most likely the explosion either doesn’t happen during the Fractal, or they use it as a climax at the end of the Fractal. Then again, maybe the players have to enter the Fractal while it is in its state of critical meltdown. That would be exciting.

Either way, I hope we get some nice lore ties to Primordus at the end. If there are only Destroyers, I would be disappointed. After such a long silence on anything Elder Dragon related, I think it is time they gave us something.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Quick question to the lore masters: when exactly was the Thaumanova explosion? On the one hand we still see effects of it in Metrica and Brisbane. Although rips in the fabric of spacetime probably take a while to heal. On the other hand, since it was original content, it definitely took place well before the Personal Story starts and in the meantime the C.L.E.A.N.5000 has been build. König, master of lore, what be thy words of wisdom?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m not exactly understanding what you’re asking. The Thaumanova explosion was the reactor having a meltdown due to experimentations on chaos magic and dragon energy on top of an intersection of magical ley lines. The effects are what we see in Metrica: you get bizarre environments, poisonous magic energy, random teleportation of creatures, etc.

We still do not know the exact nature of the effects caused (why are the creatures being teleported in seemingly isolated to a select handful of locations?), though now we know what happened to cause the meltdown. I do got theories on it, which was actually rather close to this post but I would rather investigate before spouting them out.

On a side: I think I’m going to, for now on, ignore any post directly calling me out for answers to a question. I am hardly a master of lore and I am far from the only person who can answer such questions.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

My question was simply when the explosion took place. 1 year ago? 5 years ago? Considering the Living Story as “now” and happening after the Personal Story, where in relation was the explosion? Minimum is one year ago shortly before the game chronology startet, but then the C.L.E.A.N.5000 was already up and running so it should be at least a few months on top. Searched the Wiki and the few timelines I have, but it`s mentioned nowhere. I even went through a few NPC dialogues, but none of the ones I found said anything about time.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It’s hard to say, but all dialogue points to it being very recent- on a guess I’d say no more than a month before the start of the game. So recent that the refugees have yet to leave a camp sitting just outside the danger zone, and many are still being treated for their injuries. In Rata Sum, you can here a lot of dialogue about it being a current event- I believe there’s even one that says the Arcane Council hasn’t responded yet.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’d say a few weeks prior to the start of the game, which seems to be early 1325 AE. We don’t have a real timeframe for the rate of the personal story’s progression and ArenaNet has made it a point to really mess up the chronology of the personal story/living story/dungeon stories – or at least create a lack of clarity on the order of events. All we know is that the game started out in 1325 AE, and we’re now in 1326 AE with heavy implications that the personal story ended within 1325 (so start to finish was less than a year). There’s implications that the norn tutorial was in winter (which would mark it as 1324 AE given the Mouvelian calendar in that New Years aka Wintersday is the first day of spring – the equivalent of our March 20th-ish – but given the ArenaNet attitude towards the calendar in a now-not-so-recent interview with Angel McCoy, it seems that in the entire development of GW2 they had completely forgotten about the Mouvelian calendar and its functioning so the reliability of “in winter”=“end of the year” is completely kitten upon).

So in the end I’d say Thaumanova exploded early 1325 or late 1324 AE.

Dear ANet writers,