What's with Canach?

What's with Canach?

in Lore

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I mean, he was one of the better characters ANet came up with (back in the Southsun, not now), one of LS characters.
I think he was supposed to… Do something… I expected him to kill Scarlet or such..
But well, nothing. Am I missing something?

And I can’t really see his part in the upcoming epiloque… Unless there will be something with Southsun, what I seriously doubt.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

What's with Canach?

in Lore

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Yeah, a lot of people were expecting him to have a greater role ever since he popped up back in LA and ended up getting locked away at the Vigil Keep.

He may very well play a role in LS 2, or we may find out more details in the epilogue.

What's with Canach?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I was hoping Kiel or the biconics would buy his billet he mentioned in Edge of the Mists, and attack Scarlet with him.

Would have been better, IMO, if it was Kiel and Canach in the Gunnery Range platform of the Breachmaker, not Kiel and o-Tron.

Death to o-Tron.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

What's with Canach?

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

They wouldn’t put the billet info in the game if they didn’t intend to use it. It will happen, it just hasn’t happened yet.

What's with Canach?

in Lore

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

Death to o-Tron.

He’s a popular character, he’s not going anywhere soon. Though I think he’s more than overstayed his welcome. A gag can only last so long… right?

What's with Canach?

in Lore

Posted by: Fox.8957

Fox.8957

That brings up another question. What (if any) ties were there between Scarlet and the Consortium? I don’t think there were any, but I was kinda confused when we found one of the plants (that set the karkas off, the censer?) in her lair. Was she connected to that? Because if not, then I guess the whole Lost Shores stuff is not scarlet. Canach had a small tie-in because of his involvement with tangling with the MA, but that’s about it.

Any info would be great.

~Zoe Fox~ [Rare] : Continuing the tradition since 1070 AE {Sorrow’s Furnace}

What's with Canach?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Moogie: Good writers know that killing popular characters at appropriate times creates emotional ties.

@Fox: Those plants aren’t tied to the Consortium. They were non-native plants introduced by Canach to enrage the wildlife in his plot to fight the Consortium and free the refugees.

I don’t think she was connected to that – Canach’s dialogue seems to show that she wasn’t as he stated though he met her briefly – as Ceara – he avoided her.

I think she just took a sample of that to help strengthen her toxins from the Toxic Alliance along with the anti-toxins used, thus making the miasma.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

What's with Canach?

in Lore

Posted by: Fox.8957

Fox.8957

True, I had forgotten that about the Consortium.

I still feel like there is more of a story with the Consortium though. (or should be) but I guess they felt like they wrapped it up with the refugee release.

~Zoe Fox~ [Rare] : Continuing the tradition since 1070 AE {Sorrow’s Furnace}

What's with Canach?

in Lore

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The Consortium will also likely come back. During the Tower of Nightmares there was a member of them talking about taking over the BLTC.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Subassessor_Prongg

Given how the writers have been portraying Evon more black than grey these last two releases (especially compared to the rest of the “pirates” of Lion’s Arch) I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a future villain and on his way out.

What's with Canach?

in Lore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I was quite sure Kiel was going to buy Canach’s billet and get him to help during the final attack on Scarlet. HoT would have gotten himself upgraded to a new combat walker chassis that projected an energy dome to shield players as they approached the Breachmaker.

Sadly, that didn’t come to pass, and all HoT does is res downed/dead players. (Which is still handy, I’ll admit, but he’s no Rox or Kasmeer. :P )