When is queens jubilee in relation to things?

in Lore

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Specifically does it happen before or after destinys edge makes up with each other through the dungeon stories?

Also has any of the living story content taken place after the defeat of zhaitan or is that not yet being recognised by any in game characters?

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Living story is entirely set after Zhaitan’s death. There was a post from Anet, confirming the Lost Shores update took place after Zhaitan, but I couldn’t find the thread right now.
It’s also pretty safe to say that Halloween happened after the end of the personal storyline. This of course also means that Destiny’s Edge has made up.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

oh wow thats cool i did not realise that.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It should be noted that the current philosophy of ArenaNet in their approach to the Living Story is “don’t create a paradox” – meaning that they won’t openly admit the PS has passed, but they won’t make the LS as if it hasn’t passed either.

Which makes a whole timefk confusion like what you had and worse.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Basically they can’t interact with any characters that have a significance in the person story. One of the reasons why I think they will eventually create expansions with a personal story, so they can progress that. I dont know why they do this but all well.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

They should really just suck it up and put a disclaimer on the personal story. Whenever you enter a mission, text goes across the screen saying, “These events are set in the past, before the time of Zhaitan’s fall.” All this tip toeing around it during the living story is very annoying.

in Lore

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

They should really just suck it up and put a disclaimer on the personal story. Whenever you enter a mission, text goes across the screen saying, “These events are set in the past, before the time of Zhaitan’s fall.” All this tip toeing around it during the living story is very annoying.

Indeed. Just say on the living story that these events happened after the fall of zhaitian.

It kind of acts like a spoiler for any living story arc. Probably one of the reasons they’re adding in a bunch of new characters. Like the queens speech. Of course they’re not going to kill the queen. She is too much in the personal story to have anything done to her.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

IMO, what they should have done was to just have all these updates – at least starting with The Lost Shores and going into F&F (e.g., skipping Halloween and Wintersday) – was have those as a continuation of the personal story (The Lost Shores would have needed instances but that’d have been better than the lagfests we were given).

Their current approach means that they cannot have any character development shown with anyone who is part, even minorly, of the personal story. This means no killing (which IMO is good since they killed far too many NPCs in Orr) and no turning evil or even bettering the faults in their personality. Logan must always show to be some namdy-pamdy Jennah’s-boy like he’s shown at the beginning of the personal story… because what if a person doing the Queen’s Jubilee is not past the Caudecus Manor point? But at the same time… that in of itself conflicts with the PS since if they’re past it but not past Zhaitan’s death yet – well, conflict! Logan shouldn’t be in Kryta yet is.

Just like how it’s confusing that the whole of Destiny’s Edge seems to have split up once more after Zhaitan’s death… The biggest problem, IMO, is that Anet considers anything you can do, to be happening “in the now” so I’ve been told. Meaning that while you can have done all the stuff in 1325 storyline wise… you can do it all in 1326!

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Would it really be much of a spoiler to acknowledge that (spoilers!) at the end of the story, the big bad is defeated? I mean the PS is a pretty stock fantasy story about a hero who rises from nothing to challenge the greatest threat the world’s ever seen. Did anyone doubt for a second of the past 5 years that the game’s main story would end with the defeating of the main antagonist? I know it’s iffy as whether or not he actually died, but that’s another matter.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.