When will the next Guild Wars novel come out?

in Lore

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

After reading all 3 books and loving all of them, I’d like to know if anyone has any idea if/when a new novel is coming out, or is 1 coming out at all?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

I don’t pay too much attention to development things, but I believe that someone said that somewhere down the road they’ll decide rather or not to release new books. In any event, it’s way, way off.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

No further novels are announced at this time. I seem to remember a post by Anet stating that they would evaluate the succes of the first three novels to see whether they would do any more.

Personally I’m still hoping for a novel that takes place between 1080 and 1120 AE, possibly with a Charr main character.

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

They only planed on 3 novels. but seeing how great they sold they will probably make more to fill lore gaps. So many great characters to fallow. Would be especially good for people who missed living story events.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Around Ghosts of Ascalon’s release, I believe at PAX or Gamescom of that year, Jeff Grubb stated that there was only three novels planned. However, if the three novels got good praise and sells and demand for more exist, they would consider more novels.

So far, we haven’t heard of any consideration.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

I too hope to get more novels about the Lore of Tyria. Whether that’s filling in gaps between GW1 and GW2, before either of them or about current events, I dig ’em!

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!