Where are human gods now....

in Lore

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

So i’m not really into lore, i mean i dont know it well, but as i heard Arah was the place were Human gods lived, but where did they go after Zhaitan’s return or had they left it before

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Jeff Grubb: The Mists are the building blocks of reality, the proto-reality that exists between the worlds. It is where we find afterlifes and the homes of the various gods and other powerful entities.

http://www.guildmag.com/gmblitz-lore-interview-with-jeff-grubb

I would guess they are in the mists. maybe hiding from the Dragons, maybe preparing for the battle. Maybe both, depending on who it is.

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

They left before, at the end of Nightfal (one of the gw1 expansions). Check the human forums, there’s a discussion about this there

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Actually, they left at year 0 in the Tyrian calendar – it was their exodus that made dates afterwards labelled as AE (After Exodus).

However, they remained in contact with their followers through intermediaries until sometime between Nightfall and GW2.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Son of Elias.5420

Son of Elias.5420

Back in ancient days, the Six hung out in Arah physically. When that whole thing with the bloodstones and Abaddon went down, the Five left Tyria and hung out in the Mists, but still communicated with their worshipers via prayer and blessings and such.

The Silence of the Gods is the disconnect the humans have now, where there’s no communication at all.

“A man who trusts everyone is a fool.
And a man who trusts no one is a fool.
We are all fools, if we live long enough.”

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I would guess they are in the mists. maybe hiding from the Dragons, maybe preparing for the battle. Maybe both, depending on who it is.

Priestess Rhie disproves your notion. Supposedly.

In one of the two story steps she’s in, forget which one, you can ask her where the gods went, she says “we don’t know, not into the Mists at least.” (or something of the like)

They were, supposedly, in the Mists until connection got cut off.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Priestess Rhie disproves your notion. Supposedly.

In one of the two story steps she’s in, forget which one, you can ask her where the gods went, she says “we don’t know, not into the Mists at least.” (or something of the like)

They were, supposedly, in the Mists until connection got cut off.

hmm. There’s the obvious response that she may be wrong but that seems weak and I have an issue about just disreguarding an NPC’s dialog for no reason.

perhaps they are hiding and preparing in one of the other worlds that the mists lie between. But it does seem A-Nets intent that they probably aren’t in the mists.