Who do you want as a Mist Champ?

in Lore

Posted by: BigZThyDoom.8750

BigZThyDoom.8750

Personally, I want Prince Rurik, Koss, Master Togo, Talkhora, or Salma from GW1.

in Lore

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

Although I certainly see the lore-link in your question I believe this is still more suited to a different thread.

I’m not trying to bash on you but I feel this question has less regards to the lore of Tyria and more to the personal favour of the player, with perhaps a motivation of lore.

Then again we do have this thread: [POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD]
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/SPOILERS-Tybalt

Although I’d argue it’s more focussed on the reason for why Tybalt would ever deserve to become a Mist Champion lore-wise.

In the end I’d like to suggest the PvP forums.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp
Agreed, it’s a different crowd of players who may think of the mechanics instead of the lore as reasoning for choosing a champion, but it’s a more fitting place than the lore-category.

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Kilroy Stonekin.

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Honestly, I’d like figures we know of in lore but not seen personally.

Lord Victo, Lord Odran, King Doric, Kaineng Tah, etc.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Nero.8047

In all honesty, eventhough they require to be Legends/Champions of the Mists…
…I’d love to have a simple Siege Turtle.

C’mon it’s the PERFECT embodiment of what a Mist Champion is supposed to be doing in the first place!

It spawns, it walks, it doesn’t care about your rays of judgements, it destroys gates, it destroys even more.
Boom! Siege Turtles.

P.S. I’m sure at least one of the Siege Turtles will have achieved enough to attain a Legendary Status.

P.P.S. Don’t get me started on Juggernauts, bring those abominations up and I’ll go full out Jade Quarry/Fort Aspenwood/Alliance Battles on you.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15033220/images/1306243448906.jpg

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Truth be told, Juggernauts were actual living people once. They’d be far more worthy of becoming a Mist Champion than some animal with a cannon mounted to its back. :P

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Nero.8047

I just knew you’d be supporting the Kurzick Konig.

Yet simply because a turtle is “some animal with a cannon mounted to its back” does not exclude it from being able to be a Mist Champion!

I could argue that a Kurzick volunteer is simply a misguided man or woman who sets foot on an altar, solely to be sung to by a handful of Tree Singers while the Songs of Arboreum corrupt them no less than the Dwarves of Deldrimor had their bodies as well as their minds turned to stone by the ritual to fight the Destroyers.
The volunteers may as well be more likely to be sacrifices, vessels to carry the demonic plantae tool that is a Juggernaut.
At least a cute turtle bears no ill will, right? it just carries out its duty with honour and love for those who raised it, not unlike a loyal dog.

Above that: what makes a man superior to an animal within Tyria?
In all honesty, I don’t think our forums are able to resolve philosophical debates such as these.

Actually we need more Tyrian Philosophers…
Let’s put this Dragon-hunting on hold for a bit and have an expansion where we force the players to rethink the challenges of life while sitting in armchairs.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m in no mood for silly alliance-horde – sorry, Luxon-Kurzick arguments that hold no backings. While I enjoyed the Kurzick aesthetics more, I found myself favoring one no more than the other. So I’ll just say this:

Kurzick juggernauts’ minds aren’t altered. They are sacrifices – willing sacrifices giving up their normal lives for psuedo-immortality dedicated to protecting their people and homeland. That doesn’t mean some don’t become a volunteer for the sake of something more personal and selfish, but all who become juggernauts know what they’re getting into.

Turtles can be raised to bear will will, just as “loyal dogs” can be through abuse. Animals don’t know concepts like honor – at least not in the same context that humans view them. I mean, hell, the Luxons use magical ambrite and jadeite to physical alter the turtles to make them larger (this is the core behind the Kurzick and Luxon struggle for getting amber and jadeite shards – Kurzicks use both in their rituals to make juggernauts, Luxons use both with their siege turtles, to both grow them and as ammunition).

Above that: what makes a man superior to an animal within Tyria?

Same thing as on Earth. The understanding of morals and ethics and the ability to act out on one side of the moral spectrum rather than the other.

Though some might say opposable thumbs.

Dear ANet writers,