Who is Acht?

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you’ve played a ranger at all you may have noticed that each time you tame a new pet you get a comment on it from someone called Acht.

At least I assume it’s a name, it could be initials or a nickname or something. That’s what I’m wondering – who is this person and why does their only contribution to the world of Tyria seem to be declarations on it’s wildlife?

Does anyone know?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Mr Mango.3504

Mr Mango.3504

I wanted to know as well. Any other info isn’t on the wiki. Perhaps it’s only a guy mentioned in the pet bios.

I’m Mango. Fight on!

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Don’t recall seeing this at all. Huh. But I don’t know anyone named Acht – which is 8 in German, interestingly.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: SteM.9820

SteM.9820

to me he sounds mostly like an asura,which might have some sense.not only because i was thinking to run my ranger as asura,ofc

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Where is Acht? There it is, right next to 7. Hahahahaha… sorry german humor. I see myself out.

Also the thread necromancy is real in this one.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Wow, this really is thread necromancy, this was one of my first topics after launch.

It’s kind of disappointing that we still don’t have an answer to this.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

While we’re at it: I personally find the name Acht sounds Hylek for some reason

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Asura Master Race.1593

Asura Master Race.1593

Wow, this really is thread necromancy, this was one of my first topics after launch.

It’s kind of disappointing that we still don’t have an answer to this.

Dude, how did you actually come back to this topic?!? You’re still alive?! 4 years later! Still alive!

But I put my money on Acht being an asura. It just seems so asuran – even if it doesn’t have the oh-so-common repeating consonant/vowel thing.

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

completely lacking in ‘tl’. Can’t be hylek.

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Plus its insulting to the dutch

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

@Sariel : what’s your point? More than half hylek named npc’s don’t finish with “tl” (ex.: Patli, Amak, Cuico, Mictia, Tonalli, Tonuac, etc.)

@Amaimon : I’m assuming you’re implying that hylek nomenclature derives from Dutch? If that’s the case then I’m sorry to inform you that it’s actually derived from Aztec culture.

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

@Sariel : what’s your point? More than half hylek named npc’s don’t finish with “tl” (ex.: Patli, Amak, Cuico, Mictia, Tonalli, Tonuac, etc.)

@Amaimon : I’m assuming you’re implying that hylek nomenclature derives from Dutch? If that’s the case then I’m sorry to inform you that it’s actually derived from Aztec culture.

no, I meant that in any way associating hylek with the dutch is insulting to the dutch, we may be a watery people, but we do not associate ourselves with.. amphibians.
it was a response to the first quote of a guy who thought Acht sounded hylek

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

no, I meant that in any way associating hylek with the dutch is insulting to the dutch, we may be a watery people, but we do not associate ourselves with.. amphibians.

Very true. It’s the French who are frogs.

That said, I agree that it seems much more asuran in nature than any other culture we know. Does he also comment on the newer pets? The fire and electric wyvern, the tiger and the bristleback? If so, it probably means he’s still doing research on tamable pets somewhere.

Which reminds me, I still need to take an electric wyvern…

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

He does, although last I checked it hadn’t been well-documented on the wiki.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Who is Acht?

in Lore

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

bump
Also started playing ranger recently and wondered who that is. From the sound of the texts, he’s like a male Taimi at times, I mean, have you read this for the Juvenile Shark?

“This is your pet shark. That’s right. Your very own pet shark. It’s your pet. And a shark. Awesome. Sharks rend their foes with powerful teeth and can even swallow foes whole.” – Acht

Kinda snarky and funny, I have this typical Asura voice in my head while reading it.