Why does Zhiatan have a mouth?

in Lore

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

Now I dont mean Zhiatan himself, I mean the actaul “Mouth of Zhiatan” minion that eats relics to give him magical strength. My question is, why doesn’t Zhiatan just eat the relics himself? Is it because he cant handle them or something? And if, how can he not handle the power of a relic yet create a minion that can do it for him?

I understand “The Eye of Zhiatan”, I just dont get the purpose of that fat mouth! XD

in Lore

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

A: Zhaitan is big. Relics are small and frequently found in cramped little tombs that he’d have to destroy to get to, likely destroying the artifact in the process.

B: This way he doesn’t have to go out into the middle of a warzone to eat, or wait for minions to bring his food as far.

in Lore

Posted by: Son of Elias.5420

Son of Elias.5420

Delegating is the sign of a great leader.

“A man who trusts everyone is a fool.
And a man who trusts no one is a fool.
We are all fools, if we live long enough.”

in Lore

Posted by: Curuniel.4830

Curuniel.4830

This way he can do other things while eating, or at least gathering food. Given that Zhaitan is more or less defined by an eternal hunger, it’d suck if he had to put all his other plans on hold in order to eat.

in Lore

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Why does Zhaitan rely on a weak, detached mouth in the first place? Honestly, I felt that was just a silly plot-bandaid to defeat a dragon they made too powerful.

He is a zombie dragon capable of raising continents by his command for pete sake! Couldn’t he have had more reliable means of eating than only two mouths? (One in dungeon, one in personal story.)

You’d think after killing Zhaitan, we would have more insight into the true nature of dragons?

in Lore

Posted by: Excelliate.7914

Excelliate.7914

Why does Zhaitan rely on a weak, detached mouth in the first place? Honestly, I felt that was just a silly plot-bandaid to defeat a dragon they made too powerful.

He is a zombie dragon capable of raising continents by his command for pete sake! Couldn’t he have had more reliable means of eating than only two mouths? (One in dungeon, one in personal story.)

Zhaitan seems to move the least of any of the dragons, and he needs a reliable way of consuming magic without having to fly around all the time. Anyway, Zhaitan doesn’t just feed on magical items, he consumes any and all magic—the mouths are just for the solid stuff.

You’d think after killing Zhaitan, we would have more insight into the true nature of dragons?

I wish. But with four or five dragons left, they can’t just give out all the secrets at the beginning.

Regnum Ascalon [RegA] ~~ Dragonbrand

in Lore

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Zhaitan doesn’t have to rely on a mouth to eat, however it is convinient cause it means he can be busy with other important bussiness like bullying the races of the world.

The mouth might be relativly weak, but also easy replacable, and off course he can always eat for himself.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Just as there are many Eyes of Zhaitan, there are multiple Mouths of Zhaitan (I cannot see how there are only two Mouths of Zhaitan, tbh). The Mouths of Zhaitan serve as a means for Zhaitan to continuously consume magic in multiple locations, without having to go to the buffet himself (or as others said, wait on minions bringing them to him). Also, can you imagine something as huge as Zhaitan trying to pick up a human-sized chalice or some such?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Eerekai.9438

Eerekai.9438

Why? You’re going to hate me, but why not?

Here’s an extension of yourself that can do task X, so you don’t have to. But you still get all the benefits. Mouth of Eerekai, Bladder of Eerekai, Sleeping Person Thing…of Eerekai. My productivity just sky-rocketed.

in Lore

Posted by: Son of Elias.5420

Son of Elias.5420

Have you seen the dude, he’s got like a dozen mouths on him just to start out with. Quite frankly, if the dragon of undeath couldn’t rip chunks of himself off to wander away and do stuff on their own, I’d be disappointed.

“A man who trusts everyone is a fool.
And a man who trusts no one is a fool.
We are all fools, if we live long enough.”

in Lore

Posted by: Corvi.3278

Corvi.3278

Just as there are many Eyes of Zhaitan, there are multiple Mouths of Zhaitan (I cannot see how there are only two Mouths of Zhaitan, tbh). The Mouths of Zhaitan serve as a means for Zhaitan to continuously consume magic in multiple locations, without having to go to the buffet himself (or as others said, wait on minions bringing them to him). Also, can you imagine something as huge as Zhaitan trying to pick up a human-sized chalice or some such?

Smaug was able to account for all his treasures – I wonder how?