Wurm Biology?

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Mike Winters.6871

Mike Winters.6871

Is anything known about the biology of wurms? Because all known wurms except this new boss start out as a miniture version of its parent after hatching and is called a hatchling… Yet this one has larvae.

Even other jungle wurms that share the model of the Great Jungle Wurm appear as mini adults as a baby/hatchling when they first hatch. Yet baby Great Jungle Wurms which you would think are just a that a very large Jungle Wurm; BUT they start out as a larvae upon hatching with grub like appearance that indicates they go though some kind of metamorphosis from insect like to plant like animal. Since plant aren’t know to start as a larvae.

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

There are many wurms that start off as larvae. As we saw in Guild Wars 1.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Frost_Wurm_Larvae

Although the wurm larvae in GW1 kind of look like mini wurms as well. I think this could mean that all wurms start off as eggs, and then go through a larvae stage, before becoming hatchlings, and then fully grown wurms. It’s just that we don’t see the intermediate steps for all wurms species. But that doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Mike Winters.6871

Mike Winters.6871

Why does the larvae/hatchling Great jungle Wurms not share a model with the other standard wurms though. It probably is just adding variety just seemed odd.

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think this might mean that these Jungle Wurms aren’t exactly like the other Wurms. A link to Mordremoth is not unlikely.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I think this might mean that these Jungle Wurms aren’t exactly like the other Wurms. A link to Mordremoth is not unlikely.

It actually is unlikely because these Wurms are actually an ancient race and they don’t appear corrupted, just angry.

Also it’s probably a different model for the larva and all that because this wurm does have 3 heads instead of just one.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Silavor.6257

Silavor.6257

It actually is unlikely because these Wurms are actually an ancient race and they don’t appear corrupted, just angry.

How do you know they aren’t corrupted? Jungle wurms didn’t exist in Gw1, while every other wurm type has some counter-part in the original game. All the major jungle wurms that existed before this event are directly tied to either the Nightmare Court or a “much darker force,” possibly Mordremoth.

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

How do you know they aren’t corrupted? Jungle wurms didn’t exist in Gw1, while every other wurm type has some counter-part in the original game. All the major jungle wurms that existed before this event are directly tied to either the Nightmare Court or a “much darker force,” possibly Mordremoth.

We didn’t have more than one type of griffon or raptor either in GW1, and they sure as hell weren’t as wide spread as they are in Gw2, I’m assuming it’s just the same sort of thing.

PS: kinda off topic but do we know what happened to the Behemoths?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Silavor.6257

Silavor.6257

For the most part, behemoths are gone because we can’t go to any of the biomes that the behemoths lived in. Seared Ascalon is gone, so there’s no tar for the tar behemoths. They either went extinct or migrated away to a biome more suited to their kind. The desert and Ring of Fire are off-limits, so we can’t find those behemoths either, and most of the Maguuma that had root behemoths is the part of the Maguuma that we arbitrarily can’t reach anymore.

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

There actually were three types of griffons in GW1, but only the Elonian ones were at all like what we have now.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

On the topic if new/wider spread species and the Jungle Wurm…

The Jungle Wurm looks much different than the other wurms truth be told. It looks more like a living plant than the other wurms which look like actual animals. The maw of the Jungle Wurm, the body, the thorns. It all looks very plant-like to me – the other wurms lack this design completely and look more like traditional GW wurms with a new head design.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Wurm Biology?

in Lore

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

For the most part, behemoths are gone because we can’t go to any of the biomes that the behemoths lived in. Seared Ascalon is gone, so there’s no tar for the tar behemoths. They either went extinct or migrated away to a biome more suited to their kind. The desert and Ring of Fire are off-limits, so we can’t find those behemoths either, and most of the Maguuma that had root behemoths is the part of the Maguuma that we arbitrarily can’t reach anymore.

Dragons might have gotten them. They might be in high level Dragon maps.