WvW as part of 100% World (Lore Wise)

in Lore

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I understand why would WvW be part of the 100% World completion (being only 5% of the 100%) so people would have more reason to join WvW other than farm WvW medals (wither it the 500 medals for Legendary or other things) but why is it considered part of the World when lore wise WvW is not part of the world but part of the Mist?

(This question just popped up in my head while I was exploring the world.)

in Lore

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

The mists have always been a part of the world. Ever since Lord Odran opened the portals, they’ve been a well known and well traveled place.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I’d have to say there’s no lore behind WvW counting towards world completion. Because it’s in the Mists and thus not part of Tyria. It’s always – even before Odran – been connected to Tyria, as the Mists connects to all things, but it’s not part of it per say. But world completion is a purely mechanical aspect.

I mean, you can completely explore a place without helping its inhabitants, and similarly we barely touch half of the continent let alone the world of Tyria.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.