Your top 3 lore loose ends.

in Lore

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Which lore loose end do you want Anet to talk about next? Tell us your top 3.

1) Livia – She and scepter or Orr. Mind=blown since 2007.

2) Wizard’s Tower – It is about time we find out what’s going on inside. Mind=blown since 2005.

3) Kralkatorrik – He should be the next dragon we deal with. The lore behind him (from books) has set him up to be the most interesting dragon to fight/ally with.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

1) what caused the seer race to decline other than their war with the mursaat, and can they be brought back to prominence (like the naga from factions, I know incredibly unlikely but I still have hope)
2) how are the leviathan’s faring against DSD, as we haven’t seen any around the surface and the one is the SoS book was pretty amazingly powerful.
3) How long can a/the pale tree survive according to its size being far larger than a redwood I would guess a very long time 1k-10k years??
Edit: removing my #3 and replacing it with watchtower coast from GW1 this area was filled with towers assumingly white mantle, does the mantle still hold all of these fortifications, what is the state of these fortifications (could’ve put some good dungeons in there).

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

(edited by Infamous Darkness.3284)

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

1. Ancient races. How many species comprise the Giganticus Lupicus (since it was said in an interview that the GW1 skeletons are indeed, even now, G-Lupe bones)? How many species survived the last ED rise that the jotun didn’t know about like the djinn and karka (krait, kodan, charr, and tengu all seem to be candidates)? What’s the truth behind the Forgotten’s historical origins (Nightfall and GW2 seems clashing and Nightfall’s info cannot be entirely wrong given the Forgotten’s presence and lines of themselves in the Realm of Torment) and what was their species’ original name?
  2. The Six Gods. What’re the other realms? What are their origins as a group? As individuals? Where did they go? Have they known of the Elder Dragons’ rising? What happened to Dhuum and Menzies?
  3. Crystal Desert culture and history. Who are the Seekers? Sorcerer Lord Kree? Lord Sybitha? What’s the history of Hall of Ascension and why is it there? Why did the desert have Kralkatorrik’s blood within it before Glint collected it? Was it once branded area (given there are blue crystals akin to Glint’s lair in some parts of the desert)?

It’s hard to keep it to three… Hence the broad categories.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

1.) More on the war between the gods. Specifically, what was Abaddon’s motivation? We’ve a little about it, sure, but it is at times contradictory and bears the feeling of “the victor writes history.” What was he after? What was he like back then? What was the cause, what forces did each side bring to bear, why did the others go so far as to strike him out of history? It’s always fascinated me. And before anyone brings it up, one of the major reasons I voted for Kiel was because I don’t want to see it given the Fractal treatment. That would be far too brief, too snapshot-esque, and we wouldn’t be able to reliably say anything that we saw is accurate. I know Guild Wars is big on subjective truths, but in this especially I would love some objectivity.

2.) Palawa Joko. I’d dying to see what he’s done with Elona, and perhaps get some tidbits on his early history (we know next to nothing prior to his emergence from the Desolation), but I’d settle for seeing his name worked in to a few more places than just the Ossan Quarter.

3.) Several contenders for this spot, but I think my curiosity about the other races in the Depths, only briefly mentioned during asura week, edges out the rest. We know about asura, skelk, oozes, and skritt, but what other things lived down there, exclusively in the depths of the earth? And might we find any still alive? The possibilities in that field are expansive. (Personally, I’m hoping for an insectoid race.)

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Oh my gosh, this is terribly hard…. I had some, but then others brought in awesome subjects, and it’s just… well hard.

1) Zephyrites – This is by far the most interesting piece of GW2 lore to come out of the Living Story in my opinion. I think a well thought out expansion of our understanding of the Zephyrites could really lead to a better understanding of both dwarves and Forgotten as well (dwarves tied in through the Brotherhood and Forgotten tied in through Glint). I understand it will not explain everything, but I think it could do well to tie up a lot of loose knots if done very well.

2) Historical Events of the Last Rising – There are a lot of loose ends to be tied up about the last rising of the Elder Dragons. When did the Seers create the Bloodstone? When did the Mursaat decide to break allegiance and go to war/desert? What really lead to the breakdown of Jotun society? How did the Forgotten and dwarves become so endeared to the gods (Dwayna and Grenth specific for dwarves)? How were relationships before everything broke down (who liked/hated each other)? What were everyone’s contributions to the fight? I know this is a lot, but it could give a lot of understanding into the history of the awakenings. Plus it would be a lot of data that I know a lot of people would just soak up like a sponge.

3) Greater background of the Norn, Charr, and Asura – ArenaNet wonders why these races aren’t as well loved as others, and I believe that some of the issue is that they just aren’t very well fleshed out. We know SOOOO much about humanity because of GW1, and we know darn near everything we can about Sylvari (minus the origins of the pale tree seeds) because of their short time on Tyria. So far we have very little on the origins of the Charr, Asura, and Norn though. It would be cool to see their histories fleshed out in a more detailed manner and see how some of the history that we knew as humans correlates to their histories but from a vastly different perspective. I think this information could also add a lot of depth to the characters of these races, and make them a much more relate able race to the players.

in Lore

Posted by: arlowix.5039

arlowix.5039

1) Bloodstones. Where are they now and either what/who is using them OR what are they doing to those near it?
2) Malyck’s other tree. The truth about Sylvari.
3) Wizard’s Tower.
Edit: Actually I’m gonna put Viathan’s Lake current state on top of the list. It’s my hear beating for a possible living story finally dealing with Bubbles.

(edited by arlowix.5039)

in Lore

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

1.) Livia and Edair (What happened in the gap between him and Jennah)
2.)Joko and the Crystal Desert
3.)The second Pale Tree mentioned in the Sylvari Personal Story

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Lore

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Oh lordy, only three…

1. Wizard’s Tower. That has had me incredibly curious since I first saw it in GW1. There’s a giant floating castle you can’t get into and you know nothing about who made it, why it’s there, who is currently in it. The same questions remain in GW2 – along with the whole thing with the elementals and townsfold invitations.

2. Mursaat holes. Where’s this city of theirs? Were there in truth more Mursaat than those we saw in GW1? What the heck happened to Lazarus after he escaped swearing vengeance? What’s the history behind the hatred of them and the Seers? For as much as we know about them, there’s a lot we don’t.

3. The Six Gods & relations. I just want to know everything. Where they come from, the other realms, the whole thing with Abaddon’s falling out, etc.

It’s not really lore, or a loose end, but I would also really love to get a gander at what Orr looked like in its heyday.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

in Lore

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

Hm, given that there’s many loose ends, that’s a tough question.

1. The origin of humanity. Where did humans originally come from? Why did they leave? What is it that only Abaddon among all the gods remembers? Was it really that bad? I mean, look at the mess we’re in now. If this is supposed to be better, I’m itchin to know what was worse. Balthazar carries his freakin father’s head through the portal, why would he have that? Just what went down on that world?
  2. The events of and around the last dragonrise. How was everyone doing before it happened? Who did Kralkatorrik fight and get wounded by? How advanced were the Jotun? Who awoke first? When were the Elder Dragons finally sated?
  3. The origins of the Pale Tree. Consequently, the purpose of the Sylvari, are they dragon minions or not? What’s the deal with that other tree? Are the Nightmare Court the intended nature of Sylvari, are the other tree guys the “stock” model? There are seriously a lot of questions that need answering to wrap this one up.

in Lore

Posted by: erickn.1853

erickn.1853

1. The Wizard’s Tower. Ancient mistery that dates back to 2005. What wanted Glarath from the tower? Is Isgarren another name of Verata or it is a completly different person? Is the same tower that the tower of Ascalon? Has any relation to “The Order”?

2. The Ancient Races. Mursaat, Seer, Dwarf, Jotun, Forgotten, and Giganticus Lupicus. What were their original names (for the Seers, Forgotten and GL), and their motivations, relationship and history.

3. Lord Odran, a misterious character that only apears in the Manuscripts (and possibly mentioned by Bahltek in Nightfall). A powerful wizard that traveled through the mists, and Role Model for my elementalist.

in Lore

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

1. How Rytlock ended up with Sohothin, and Ascalonian Ghost arc
2. Wizard’s Tower
3. Scepter of Orr and Livia

Human Gods, Bloodstones, and the Sylvari are also very high on the list too.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Lore

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

1. Wizard’s Tower
2. Wizard’s Tower
3. Wizard’s Tower

It’s been almost a decade, and I have waited for half of my life. It’s time to let us inside, ArenaNet.

Just don’t kitten it up. If it turns out that Scarlet has been living in that tower for centuries, I will personally fly to ArenaNet HQ and slap Colin Johanson.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Why slap Colin? He didn’t do nothing wrong. All he does is smile and swing a sword!

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

Why slap Colin? He didn’t do nothing wrong. All he does is smile and swing a sword!

He is, in my opinion, the face of the company. A face that shall be slapped if I am not satisfied!

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Lore

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

1. What happened to Livia
2. The six gods and their story
3. What’s the deal with Asura ? How old is their race and what happened to it (like what we can see in Mount Maelstrom) ?

in Lore

Posted by: LotusThief.4613

LotusThief.4613

Wizard Tower – turn it into a mini dungeon. Solo or group I don’t care. Just let me in there. This is the biggest tease in GWs imo.

Crystal Desert – I want to return there. The branded is coming from there. I want to put a end to it.

Charr homelands – I’m sure the Charr are still up there. Is the forest still burning? Who doesn’t want more Charr story lines.

in Lore

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

1.) Cantha. What is going on there and what exactly happened (in great detail) post end WoC content in GW 1.
2.) Crystal desert and Elona.
3.) Realms of the gods. What happened to Menzies/Dhuum and can we visit the Redeemed Realm (was Realm of Torment) again? Also what of Melandru and other’s realms?

I only want more human-centrist stuff. Sorry.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Lets not forget the Eye of the North.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

1) Palawa Joko. What is his regime like, how solid is it, what are the Order of Whispers up to… and will Elona open up dialogue with Tyria at any point?

2) What happens to the dead. What is the state of the Underworld? Are Grenth’s rules being observed down there… is Dhuum still asleep? Dead? Awake?

3) What direction will the Dredge be heading in? Does the uprising spread, after taking down Shukov in Sorrow’s Embrace?

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Lets not forget the Eye of the North.

I would include the origins of the Eye of the North in my portion about the history of the last Dragon Rise and the races of that time. If the Eye of the North pre-dates even that, then I’d be very intrigued.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Eye of the North was clearly made by Scarlet. You see, after her failed alliance with the krait she goes on another hell-bent scheme of mechanical overture but that too fails. At which point she’s managed to kitten off everyone with no success at all (but still feels herself superior to everyone), so she hops a ride into the Fractals of the Mists. However, the Jade Maw goes and knocks her off the edge. But instead of re-appearing near the beginning she gets shot through time and comes out to Tyria, 20,000 BE. The Elder Dragons are rising and Scarlet sees an opportunity. She knows the ED can be defeated and unite the races there (completely unknown to us whom these races are) and builds the Eye of the North to see into the far distance future for how to defeat the Elder Dragon. But they can only put them to sleep because they’re all magic and technologically deprived. But they succeed in putting them to sleep and she reigns over the races as Supreme High Sue for decades to come until the people got tired of her randomly killing people off and cut her to pieces Oswald Thorn style. Her greatest invention was the creation of a cybernetic canine race: the Giganticus Lupicus.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

+1 Props

15 chars

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

@Konig

You forgot to add that Scarlet was the one that created the Pale Tree seeds. So, in the end, she winds up being her own grandmother.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

@Konig

You forgot to add that Scarlet was the one that created the Pale Tree seeds. So, in the end, she winds up being her own grandmother.

Great Scott! She created a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that’s a worst case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

in Lore

Posted by: LeDuc.1436

LeDuc.1436

1.) the wizard’s tower

2.) The Dominion of Wind

3.) The God’s eye (it’s a rare one that I never see mentioned.)

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

@Konig

Great Scott! She created a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that’s a worst case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy.

No, worse case scenario would be that the devastation seeps into the mists and destroys all things.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Fortunately, there is no chance of that occurring, as the Mists are Scarlet’s subconscious mind. That’s how she was able to see the Eternal Alchemy- the sensory deprivation chamber wasn’t perfect, a little light got in, and she saw her own reflection.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

If the Mists are Scarlet’s subconscious mind, then that would make the Dream… Scarlet’s Dream?! Thus before Scarlet was born… Wow…. She was a part of her own subconsciousness which came to life…. That is some loop.

in Lore

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

1. The Forgotten, where are they now and what has happened to them?
2. Dominion of the Winds, what is going on behind those walls?
3. Magni the Bison my GW2’s ancestor whupped you 250 years ago and I wonder if you have family today.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Lore

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

1. Kantha
2. Elona
3. The 6 gods

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.

in Lore

Posted by: Fleaman.9864

Fleaman.9864

1. Scarlet Briar.
2. Scarlet Briar.
3. Scarlet no i’m just foolin.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The God’s eye (it’s a rare one that I never see mentioned.)

It’s a crashed asuran device of unspecified origins.

Seems Anet wants to make us think that the asura are building satellites.

@Konig

No, worse case scenario would be that the devastation seeps into the mists and destroys all things.

Pfft. True worst case scenario:

We become one with Scarlet.

3. Magni the Bison my GW2’s ancestor whupped you 250 years ago and I wonder if you have family today.

We whupped him so hard he couldn’t have children. Clearly.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

1. The krait orb and the Sylvari – why couldn’t Zhaitan make new risen? Some kinds of creatures never appeared as risen, as well: nearby moas and fireflies (although corpse flies were sort of risen, or maybe just risen-fed flies). I never saw risen dredge or risen skritt or risen trolls or risen ogres (but there are branded ogres). How was Zhaitan’s corruption blocked? Do different elder dragons corrupt different things?

2. The Seers and the Mursaat and their relationship with Abbadon. GW-Prophecies suggested the Mursaat were enemies of Abbadon, yet there was a Mursaat statue on the Vizier’s Tower.

3. What happened to the Forgotten? They seemed to worship the human gods, too. They used human magic. Are they still in the Crystal Desert? What about the former Realm of Torment?

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

2. The Seers and the Mursaat and their relationship with Abbadon. GW-Prophecies suggested the Mursaat were enemies of Abbadon, yet there was a Mursaat statue on the Vizier’s Tower.

I’ve been wondering about this for a long time. How did the Vizier get his hands on the statue, and how much did he know about the Mursaat?

Also, how did he get his hands on the Flameseeker Prophecies?

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

- The jungle dragon and the nightmare court
- Where did the human gods go?
- Primordius and the dwarves

in Lore

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Which lore loose end do you want Anet to talk about next? Tell us your top 3.

1) Livia – She and scepter or Orr. Mind=blown since 2007.

2) Wizard’s Tower – It is about time we find out what’s going on inside. Mind=blown since 2005.

3) Kralkatorrik – He should be the next dragon we deal with. The lore behind him (from books) has set him up to be the most interesting dragon to fight/ally with.

1. Livia is still out there somewhere..yes alive, can’t remember where i read this but the scepter caused her long life.
2. X
3. Kralkatorrik is most likely the next dragon due to the crystal desert being so close, or Jormag to open the way to Cantha. Definelty think there will be no allaicne made with an Elder dragon it defeats the concept

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

1. Livia is still out there somewhere..yes alive, can’t remember where i read this but the scepter caused her long life.

She was alive as of the end of Sea of Sorrows novel. But that was 70 years ago so she may be dead now.

3. Kralkatorrik is most likely the next dragon due to the crystal desert being so close, or Jormag to open the way to Cantha. Definelty think there will be no allaicne made with an Elder dragon it defeats the concept

Jormag to open way to Cantha? You do realize that Jormag is north, and Cantha is south, right?

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

We whupped him so hard he couldn’t have children. Clearly.

If that’s the case I humbly ask Jeremy Soule to make a Guild Wars 2 remix of “Guile’s Theme”.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Lore

Posted by: Captain Seyo.4285

Captain Seyo.4285

He was doing research. The Mursaat were guarding the door to Kormalie