Zhaitan

Zhaitan

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

That might be an historic moment, the first time anyone ever actually praised the Zhaitan fight. Truly a moment to behold.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Zhaitan

in Lore

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

After reading some many critics about Zhaitan, specially the fight against it, feels good to read that someone really enjoyed it.
I think you’ll love the Living Story, if you don’t have it try to buy, you won’t regret.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Zhaitan

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Congrats on finishing, and I’m glad you enjoyed it! Don’t let Buddha get to you, we can be quite a bit jaded over here. The fight may not replay well, but I thought it was pretty cool my first time as well.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

(edited by Aaron Ansari.1604)

Zhaitan

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Hey I’m one of the few who actually enjoyed the fight, even though it has a lot of room for improvement.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

Zhaitan

in Lore

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

That might be an historic moment, the first time anyone ever actually praised the Zhaitan fight. Truly a moment to behold.

This. First time I’ve ever seen it for sure. Hopefully they fix it up well when they release the new version. Even Abaddon was a better fight than Zhaitan.

Zhaitan

in Lore

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The first half of the dungeon and the air fight was fine. Until you blow him in half.
From that point on its a cake walk.
Three years ago, I thought he was the King of the Dragons and this was unacceptable.
Now, I’m not so sure. Perhaps he was the least?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Zhaitan

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Speaking as someone who did the Arah story shortly before release and again much, much later, I will say that I did enjoy the fight the first time – except for the final phase of pressing 2; while not perfect, there was plenty to it in both joyful frustration and challenge.

But after its constant nerfs, it’s a bit of a snorefest… but still great cinematics and models and, when you can actually hear Zhaitan, sounds.

For those who didn’t play it pre-nerfing:

• The Mouth of Zhaitan and dragon champions had more health.
  • When minions spawned on the airships, you’d get launched if hit by their landing points. Frustrating, but made stability and placement important. Couldn’t just sit on guns waiting for the dragons to pop into firing position.
  • There were more waves of minions, more distinctly so, originally. It was an actual challenge to keep Zojja alive, and after that it’d show the laser cutting Zhaitan in half, then another set of waves before the cinematic of the grappling hooks, then another set of waves that ended with three elite Eyes of Zhaitans before the snorefest of spamming 2. Now it’s just one set of waves (still ending with Eyes of Zhaitan, though weaker), then both cinematics and waiting for the airship to lower to spam 2.

Before the nerfs, the only points I’d consider boring would be the line of giants (’let’s just sit still until we reflect kitten back at them, no firing!‘) and the final phase (’spam 2’).

They’ve actually made the final phase a bit better, by having some Tendrils of Zhaitan spawn (well, they always did, but only 2-3 would spawn originally, now it’s more like 10 – still not enough to be anything close to a challenge though).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Zhaitan

in Lore

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Honestly, pulling off a fight with a creature some 500m long… is hard to do :P.

Zhaitan

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Mass Effect 2 did it. :P

And 1. And 3.

But then again, they had guns and airships and giant thresher maws….

Hmmm….

Can we make a gun that launches giant wurms to take down the Elder Dragons?

Now wanting to see Great Jungle Wurm vs Shadow of the Dragon (model) in HoT.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Zhaitan

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Mass Effect 2 did it. :P

And 1. And 3.

But then again, they had guns and airships and giant thresher maws….

Hmmm….

Can we make a gun that launches giant wurms to take down the Elder Dragons?

Now wanting to see Great Jungle Wurm vs Shadow of the Dragon (model) in HoT.

Course, in three you had a human sidestepping weapons (that gutted capital ships) without even being singed :P

Zhaitan

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Course, in three you had a human sidestepping weapons (that gutted capital ships) without even being singed :P

Well, capital ships that evaded the weapon didn’t get singed either. :P

You should be complaining about the land not get singed.

Dear ANet writers,

Zhaitan

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Well, capital ships that evaded the weapon didn’t get singed either. :P

You should be complaining about the land not get singed.

Heh. Or the fact later on Shepard almost gets directly hit by weapon of similar class and isn’t vaporized (despite other infantry being vaporized).

Best Zhaitan argument I ever heard was the five player chars facing off Zhaitan on foot…

We wouldn’t even pierce his hide with handheld weapons :P. Kinda sad they turned it into a one time only storymode instance instead of a storymode dungeon. It’s sometimes fun to replay the air battle part.

Zhaitan

in Lore

Belzebu.3912

Kinda sad they turned it into a one time only storymode instance instead of a storymode dungeon. It’s sometimes fun to replay the air battle part.

When did they change that? Not long ago the Zhaitan fight also happened in the Arah Story Mode.

Zhaitan

in Lore

Kalavier.1097

Kinda sad they turned it into a one time only storymode instance instead of a storymode dungeon. It’s sometimes fun to replay the air battle part.

When did they change that? Not long ago the Zhaitan fight also happened in the Arah Story Mode.

It either has changed or is going to change.

IIRC, it was in their restoration of the story chapters that had got cut when they revamped it.

Zhaitan

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

It hasn’t changed yet, but Kalavier has the right of it. After the PS restoration patch, there will be no Arah story mode. The whole thing is being changed into a soloable one-off story instance.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

Zhaitan

in Lore

Belzebu.3912

Oh then I read it wrongly, I thought that a new soloable instance would be added and the Arah SM would keep the same, nvm then

Zhaitan

in Lore

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Mechanically it was not that great, but boy was it a visually impressive fight.