dragon painting in scarlet's lair

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

To use Bruno’s words: it’s a glorified syringe.

Giant trees? No. Not really. It’s an injector for anything. It’s just a large injector. It could be used on charr or giants if wanted. All it is, is a syringe with a large container flask and on mechanical legs. Nothing more. If she had the stuff, Scarlet could make it in a minute flat if not less.

As to why stealing the injector as well. Well, let me ask you this: Can you detach those containers? Chances are, maybe. But would Scarlet have the time? She left just as we got there. She probably wanted to ensure she wouldn’t lose a single drop or time. It’d be far faster to take the whole thing.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

let me put the injector thing on another perspective. if you were an evil villain (an engineering genius at that) and you really, really wanted an injector. would you:

• build it yourself (you have the resources, the manpower, the knowledge, even a location to build it);

or

• gather holy shards to trick a race of xenophobic murderer-slavers to work together with a rogue branch (pun unintended) of a sylvari faction for you, raising and growing an ungodly parasitic seed into a tree that would release deadly spores all over tyria, knowing that this threat would bring heroes to try and defeat it, and you’d know that they would choose to kill it by creating an injector, rather than cutting it down/burning it to the ground/using that megalaser they seem so fond of;

do you see the amount of extra steps it would take scarlet to obtain the injector through the method you claim she used? there are so many intricacies, so much room for error, so much guessing and hoping, it’s too unreliable of a plan.

and remember that this is a videogame, recycled assets are a common thing. they can’t build unique assets for every little plant and syringe in the world. so chances are, our “injector” isn’t even the same from the nightmare tower (the size definitely doesn’t match).

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Well, one longshot here is that the art direction got a bit overboard here and was placing just “everything” that was part of the living story into the room.

They all do not ahve to be part of what Scarlet ist doing, though.
They just happened to appear at the point where she was gathering her tools together, so she might have picked them up to see if they are useful in some way or the other.

Just think about it.
While the vaccine and siringe might not be technical marvel, it was still something that countered the halucinic gas and was able to kill the giant flower.
So she might stillw ant to study it to see if she might be able to use it in some other way.
Again, twisting it to her purpose.

The same can be said for “canachs” pollen we find there. While they might nor be used directly by her, they could have been the inspiration for her TA and the plant induced confusion the pollen brought upon the lands

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It just makes sense that the very anti serum that we used against Scarlet’s poison, would be studied by Scarlet as well. If you develop a biological weapon, and your enemies figure out a cure, wouldn’t you try to study their cure?

The fact that she took the whole injector doesn’t mean that much in my opinion. She could easily build her own injector if she wanted to. It’s not as if making a syringe is hard for someone who build a giant robot.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Etaoin.4362

Etaoin.4362

Speaking of giant robots, has anyone attempted to float the theory that Scarlet is plotting to build her own dragon?

in Lore

Jaken.6801

Speaking of giant robots, has anyone attempted to float the theory that Scarlet is plotting to build her own dragon?

way back people wer joking about it, as we have only saw her stealing powerful technology, however there is no evidence to support that at the moment and it would not make any sense.

Why would you build a giant dragon? (okay a giant marionette is equaly rediculus, but we can actually point that back to her psychy)

If she wanted power to equal elder dragons, she would just need to build a weapon with similiar power. There is no reason to have it look like a dragon.

And yes. having a giant mechanical dragon fighting an eldar dragon would be awesome (there is a reason why we got mecha-godzilla), but sadly, no go at the moment…

in Lore

Posted by: Etaoin.4362

Etaoin.4362

way back people wer joking about it, as we have only saw her stealing powerful technology, however there is no evidence to support that at the moment and it would not make any sense.

Why would you build a giant dragon? (okay a giant marionette is equaly rediculus, but we can actually point that back to her psychy)

If she wanted power to equal elder dragons, she would just need to build a weapon with similiar power. There is no reason to have it look like a dragon.

And yes. having a giant mechanical dragon fighting an eldar dragon would be awesome (there is a reason why we got mecha-godzilla), but sadly, no go at the moment…

I totally get that line of logic and agree that it makes no sense for her to build a dragon to fight a dragon, but what if that is not her motive (or at least not her endgame)?

See, something she said during the Nightmare arc really bothered me, that bit about “remaking you in watchwork.” Many of Scarlet’s creations, like the steam creatures, seem to resemble actual Tyrian creatures (we even have the new moa miniature). The difference is that the steam creatures are bio-mechanical and, as far as we know, the watchwork minions are just mechanical…at least so far.

What if Scarlet’s endgame is to actually recreate the world in watchwork? Admittedly it would be an advanced form of the watchwork, but watchwork nonetheless. What if part of that equation, however, is also a dragon?

One of the popular theories about the probes is that they are seeking for leylines of dragon magic. We also know that Scarlet’s plans thus far include a giant aether cannon and some sort of super drill. We know that she has been experimenting with mechanical and biological programs, as well as the “four elements” plus chaos magic, and we know that there was an entity in the Thaumanova Reactor.

What if the various magics in Tyria are in some sense sentient and connected to certain hosts or foci? What if the dragons are among such hosts/foci? If Scarlet’s goal is to recreate the world, free of (at least some) restrictions, then it might be that she needs to create analogs of everything currently in Tyria, dragons included?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

What if Scarlet’s endgame is to actually recreate the world in watchwork? Admittedly it would be an advanced form of the watchwork, but watchwork nonetheless. What if part of that equation, however, is also a dragon?

Well, it’s all so obvious now.

Scarlet wasn’t corrupted by Mordremoth. She’s corrupted by Mechatvix, the Elder Robot Dragon. And clearly the Steam Creatures are secretly its minions.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Jaken.6801

The steam creatures were around before scarlet was ever mentioned.
They are tied to an asura storyline.
Their appearence in Scarlet`s “army” is not explained so far. They appeared at some points, but in later releases completly vanished.
The theory so far is that Scarlet studied them and used them for her plans, but nothing more has happened.

She was jocking into making you into her watchknight, because lets face it: Watchknight mimick human beings in design. They are puppets. She is talking about making you into her little puppet to play with.

There are no other creatures of her, which mimic the design of other beings in tyria, though the twisted watchknights share the basic frame of some monsters in the world.

There was one theory, that Scarlet wants to recreate the world in her vision, using technology to do that. So far, there is no evidence for that and it points into a completly different direction.

So yeah. Still not seeing the giant mech dragon flying around sadly. Though i want one for april

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

i think it’s reasonable to speculate that one of her objectives is to reshape the world to her image. create her own systems distort existing ones, and so on. i mean, that’s what the short story makes her plan sound like.

but… anything beyond that is speculating on top of speculation, and that’s not productive

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Well since it is implied that the steam creatures might be from the future, that would mean they were around AFTER Scarlet was introduced.

See what I did there?

Argh! Time paradox!

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

They are tied to an asura storyline.
Their appearence in Scarlet`s “army” is not explained so far. They appeared at some points, but in later releases completly vanished.
The theory so far is that Scarlet studied them and used them for her plans, but nothing more has happened.

She was jocking into making you into her watchknight, because lets face it: Watchknight mimick human beings in design. They are puppets. She is talking about making you into her little puppet to play with.

There are no other creatures of her, which mimic the design of other beings in tyria, though the twisted watchknights share the basic frame of some monsters in the world.

There was one theory, that Scarlet wants to recreate the world in her vision, using technology to do that. So far, there is no evidence for that and it points into a completly different direction.

So yeah. Still not seeing the giant mech dragon flying around sadly. Though i want one for april

You realize that I was fully joking, right?

Though the Steam creatures do have an organic core, and not one large enough to sustain life. So her comment might have been more to making us one of her steam creatures. And the only tie to the asura story the Steam creatures have is they’re from the future, “invented” by the future asura character that went batkitten crazy – hey, just like Scarlet! (Fun speculation: Mechavix couldn’t corrupt the PS asura anymore, thanks to the whole going back in time, so it corrupted Scarlet instead as its harbinger or mechanization!).

But it was all a joke. Also, Scarlet’s taunts in the Tower of Nightmares is likely just hallucinatory – not her actually speaking. Her in depth knowledge of all PCs kind of supports that.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Jaken.6801

You realize that I was fully joking, right?

Though the Steam creatures do have an organic core, and not one large enough to sustain life. So her comment might have been more to making us one of her steam creatures. And the only tie to the asura story the Steam creatures have is they’re from the future, “invented” by the future asura character that went batkitten crazy – hey, just like Scarlet! (Fun speculation: Mechavix couldn’t corrupt the PS asura anymore, thanks to the whole going back in time, so it corrupted Scarlet instead as its harbinger or mechanization!).

But it was all a joke. Also, Scarlet’s taunts in the Tower of Nightmares is likely just hallucinatory – not her actually speaking. Her in depth knowledge of all PCs kind of supports that.

Wasnt based on your comment, was pointed at Etaoin.
I was just covering all bases there i remembered about this topic.
Reshaping the world etc was something that was floating around for some time

in Lore

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

i think it’s reasonable to speculate that one of her objectives is to reshape the world to her image. create her own systems distort existing ones, and so on. i mean, that’s what the short story makes her plan sound like.

but… anything beyond that is speculating on top of speculation, and that’s not productive

That’s an interesting point. I’m reminded of the Pale Tree’s quote: “she has confused knowledge, power, and authority so completely that, in her mind, they are indistinguishable.”

It’s not articulated perfectly, but it makes me think (based on your point) that Scarlet thinks she’s in charge of the changes, and is in control of all of this, when in reality, she’s under the control of someone else.

I’m curious as to your thoughts on this interpretation.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

That’s an interesting point. I’m reminded of the Pale Tree’s quote: “she has confused knowledge, power, and authority so completely that, in her mind, they are indistinguishable.”

It’s not articulated perfectly, but it makes me think (based on your point) that Scarlet thinks she’s in charge of the changes, and is in control of all of this, when in reality, she’s under the control of someone else.

if she doesn’t already think she’s in charge, she’s definitely working towards it. i’m not sure about being controlled against her will (or without her noticing), but it’s clear that she thinks everything is going according to plan at all times, even when it seems we got the upper hand.

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I think Scarlet is gaining the upper hand in the conflict and the Ceara is losing. I think Ceara is still there and occasionally able to sabotage Scarlet. For example, it may have been Ceara’s doing that we were able to destroy Scarlet’s tower.

in Lore

Posted by: Mephu Tahm Jr.1962

Mephu Tahm Jr.1962

This “eye” is in a couple places around the lair.

The first thing I thought of was “eye”. The second thing I thought of was “volcano”.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

The first thing I thought of was “eye”. The second thing I thought of was “volcano”.

first thing i thought of was “eye”. second was “Sauron”, but that would be silly.

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

first thing i thought of was “eye”. second was “Sauron”, but that would be silly.

Can you imagine the grind that would be required to craft a ring of power? Just please no Anet, please no. Ascended is bad enough.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Can you imagine the grind that would be required to craft a ring of power? Just please no Anet, please no. Ascended is bad enough.

i’m surprised none of the ascended rings reference that. there’s a red ring of death after all…

in Lore

Posted by: Dracaena.4820

Dracaena.4820

All these theories about the drill and something being underground reminded of the Whisper dead drop message way back from Flame & Frost that said:

“They’re things down here…disgusting…even worse than the Flame Legion and dredge. "

It’s been this little bothersome thing that’s been poking at the back of my mind ever since.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

I always took that line to be talking about typical Depths of Tyria wildlife – oozes, murrellows, and the other things fought at the drill part of Molten Facility’s beginning.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

All these theories about the drill and something being underground reminded of the Whisper dead drop message way back from Flame & Frost that said:

“They’re things down here…disgusting…even worse than the Flame Legion and dredge. "

It’s been this little bothersome thing that’s been poking at the back of my mind ever since.

i think one of the writers a few weeks ago confirmed that this was about the molten alliance and their experiments. i think it was bobby, and it might have been on the dolyak express with general questions (aka the one before the lore one, aka the one no one knew existed until they published the answers)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Sure it wasn’t Matthew Medina in his swarm of answers on reddit?

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

might have been that. i just remember someone on the writing team pointing out that the “horrors worse than dredge or flame legion” was the molten alliance itself.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Ah yes, checked and it was Matt:

A: Sadly this is probably just down to poor communication on our part. This was meant to be a reference to the various pairings of flame and dredge throughout the release, and specifically an attempt on our part to foreshadow the Berserkers and Firestorms. We don’t meet the Order of Whispers agent because they’re ninja like that.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Mephu Tahm Jr.1962

Anyone else notice the discoloration in these maps? With all the focus on the thumpers it’s pretty easy too miss that the maps have another type of marking (the thumpers are on the edges of the markings). Image 2 is a very good example. Ideas?

you mean how the water is darkened and only the land is highlighted? it might not be anything major. what i’m curious is why the map colors are so different near lion’s arch. you can clearly see on the world map that the area right under it (including those 3 islands) are green, not yellow. it’s like the place is desertified. then again, it might also not be anything.

You are right, it took me a while to notice the discoloration. See the green arrows I drew on the image. The darkened areas do not correspond to the water exactly, especially where the edges of the holes in the darkness are covering substantial parts of the southern islands. I would be interested to know if that small splotch in the north (which I forgot to mark) is in Dominion Killing Zone. This would explain connection to the destroyers.

Attachments:

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Anyone else notice the discoloration in these maps? With all the focus on the thumpers it’s pretty easy too miss that the maps have another type of marking (the thumpers are on the edges of the markings). Image 2 is a very good example. Ideas?

you mean how the water is darkened and only the land is highlighted? it might not be anything major. what i’m curious is why the map colors are so different near lion’s arch. you can clearly see on the world map that the area right under it (including those 3 islands) are green, not yellow. it’s like the place is desertified. then again, it might also not be anything.

You are right, it took me a while to notice the discoloration. See the green arrows I drew on the image. The darkened areas do not correspond to the water exactly, especially where the edges of the holes in the darkness are covering substantial parts of the southern islands. I would be interested to know if that small splotch in the north (which I forgot to mark) is in Dominion Killing Zone. This would explain connection to the destroyers.

it’s kinda displaced, yes, but it still pretty obviously refers to the water.

in Lore

Mephu Tahm Jr.1962

Water in what way? It’s not depth since there is no water depth on land, unless you are talking underwater caverns.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Water in what way? It’s not depth since there is no water depth on land, unless you are talking underwater caverns.

water in “the highlighted areas are land, the darkened areas are just the water”. think of a world map made from satellite images, compared to a drawn world map. the water looks far darker in the satellite ones.

you’re worrying too much about too little.

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

in Lore

Mephu Tahm Jr.1962

water in “the highlighted areas are land, the darkened areas are just the water”. think of a world map made from satellite images, compared to a drawn world map. the water looks far darker in the satellite ones.

Well, I’m not going to be convinced until someone explains why the dark areas cover land as well.

in Lore

Posted by: MatthewMedina

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

I should put this on my business card. “Content Designer and Answer Swarmer”

in Lore

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

Well, I’m not going to be convinced until someone explains why the dark areas cover land as well.

I am pretty certain you didn’t put your 3d-glasses on. I did that and they lined up perfectly. I even managed to catch a glimpse of the Eternal Alchemy while I was at it. TEEEHHEEHEHEHE

No but in all seriousness I think youre really looking too much into it. It would have been diffirent if there were also dark patches not near water but they are all near water in the projections and I think the dark patches have been movet slightly to the south east on every spot.

Look beyond the obvious…

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

I am pretty certain you didn’t put your 3d-glasses on. I did that and they lined up perfectly. I even managed to catch a glimpse of the Eternal Alchemy while I was at it. TEEEHHEEHEHEHE

No but in all seriousness I think youre really looking too much into it. It would have been diffirent if there were also dark patches not near water but they are all near water in the projections and I think the dark patches have been movet slightly to the south east on every spot.

it's just slightly out of place, but the shapes match the water bodies. i'm actually curious if using 3D glasses would line things up :P

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The northern unmarked one is over Godslost Swamp.

The western one you marked is over Viathan Lake, where the TOwer of Nightmares was.

I should put this on my business card. “Content Designer and Answer Swarmer”

“Barefoot Content Designer and Answer Swarmer”

Without that, it just doesn’t say “Matthew the Medina.”

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

It was placed there intentionally. If it were to mean nothing it wouldn’t be there. Someone at ANet said “go and put black splotches here.” This is ANet we are talking about – they are known for hiding things in plain sight.

Mephu’s theory about destroyer caverns seems the most solid idea given the current general consensus that Scarlet is fooling about with Dragons. However,

The northern unmarked one is over Godslost Swamp. The western one you marked is over Viathan Lake, where the TOwer of Nightmares was.

Which means they could signify areas of Zhaitan undeath, or more generally, large-scale magical meddling of some form (including her own).

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Lore

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

The X’s are not pointing to the orders and she will not attack them. They are pointing to the probes. Maps 1 and 2 show all the probes in the world, the third, with X’s those which found what she’s looking for. There is one probe in the water in LA, one south of Priory, one east of Whispers and one north of Vigil’s Keep in Harathi Hinterlands. She will use the drill (image 4) to drill.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

It was placed there intentionally. If it were to mean nothing it wouldn’t be there. Someone at ANet said “go and put black splotches here.” This is ANet we are talking about – they are known for hiding things in plain sight.

it’s not “black sploches” though, it’s just tyria’s waterways. the images are there on purpose, the “black sploches” are not the reason they’re there though.

The X’s are not pointing to the orders and she will not attack them. They are pointing to the probes. Maps 1 and 2 show all the probes in the world, the third, with X’s those which found what she’s looking for. There is one probe in the water in LA, one south of Priory, one east of Whispers and one north of Vigil’s Keep in Harathi Hinterlands. She will use the drill (image 4) to drill.

it’s pointing at the probes right on top of the orders and LA. so… it’s still pointing at the orders and LA.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The arrows do not point at the Orders and Lion’s Arch.

They point TOWARDS the Orders and Lion’s Arch. There’s a subtle difference. They seem to point out a strategic movement of some sort.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

They point TOWARDS the Orders and Lion’s Arch. There’s a subtle difference. They seem to point out a strategic movement of some sort.

well the arrows all seem to converge on LA, but the discussion is about the X’s :P

in Lore

Underdark.3726

Scarlet does not have any reason to attack the Orders or LA. None. When you destroy the marionette there is a conversation going on between the npcs, and they talk also about the probes. Taimi at that point say: “They are not offensive. Scarlet is looking for something”. In Scarlet’s lair is a drawing of the probes sending waves, like a sonar, underground. The images from the console are all about the probes so the only logical thing is that the X’s are the probes. The arrows are just underlining the X’s, in a matter of speaking. They are coming from points that are far away of playable maps, so nothing can come from there.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Nice theory, but there’s a big flaw.

The dots and the X’s show up at the same time.

You can even see the one in Harathi just north of Vigil Keep above the X at Vigil Keep.

The arrows generally point to LA/eastern Gendarran. But the arrows are not the same as X’s.

Scarlet does not have any reason to attack the Orders or LA. None. When you destroy the marionette there is a conversation going on between the npcs, and they talk also about the probes. Taimi at that point say: “They are not offensive. Scarlet is looking for something”. In Scarlet’s lair is a drawing of the probes sending waves, like a sonar, underground. The images from the console are all about the probes so the only logical thing is that the X’s are the probes. The arrows are just underlining the X’s, in a matter of speaking. They are coming from points that are far away of playable maps, so nothing can come from there.

Except for the fact that the Orders and Lionguard – the HQs of which are where the X’s are – have been actively trying to stop her.

Plus we have no clue what Scarlet’s grand scheme is. She could have been after Lion’s Arch and the Orders from the get go. I mean, what was the second thing she did? She attacked Lion’s Arch and tried to place a sleeper mole into their government.

And if the theory that the entity is an Elder Dragon (Mordy or other), then the Orders, Lionguard, and the Pact are its greatest enemies and it would want them gone. And by destroying the Orders/Lionguard, you’d destroy the Pact (or at least cripple it greatly).

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

she’s looking for something, and it just so happens that the orders and lion’s arch are both trying to keep her from doing that. the probes have their own icon on scarlet’s map. she could’ve highlighted those probes in any way she wanted, but she chose big red X’s that aren’t even in line with the probes you’re suggesting (the priory one points directly at the priory, not at the probe close to it, for example), alongside giant ominous arrows pointing straight at lion’s arch.

in Lore

Underdark.3726

The dots and the X’s show up at the same time.

You can even see the one in Harathi just north of Vigil Keep above the X at Vigil Keep.

the dots from the others map are not there. and I’m not sure if the dot from harathi is the same one, cos I don’t remebmer where the rest of the probes are.

she’s looking for something, and it just so happens that the orders and lion’s arch are both trying to keep her from doing that. the probes have their own icon on scarlet’s map. she could’ve highlighted those probes in any way she wanted, but she chose big red X’s that aren’t even in line with the probes you’re suggesting (the priory one points directly at the priory, not at the probe close to it, for example), alongside giant ominous arrows pointing straight at lion’s arch.

LA and the orders have no clue what does she wants so they cannot be keeping her from “doing that”.
And you think that ANet would just change the colors of the dots and make it clear to everyone what is going to happen? Don’t think so.

Anyway, we’ll see. But, I’m quite sure is like I said. Dunno why, just a hunch.

in Lore

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

I would be interested to know if that small splotch in the north (which I forgot to mark) is in Dominion Killing Zone. This would explain connection to the destroyers.

Other people already covered the water thing, but no, it’s in the north of the Kessex Hills area I think. There’s nothing of interest marked on the map in the killing zone.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

the dots from the others map are not there.

Yes they are.

LA and the orders have no clue what does she wants so they cannot be keeping her from “doing that”.
And you think that ANet would just change the colors of the dots and make it clear to everyone what is going to happen? Don’t think so.

Like X’s are any less ambiguous.

And they’ve been keeping her from doing her plans as best they can. They stopped the Molten Alliance (remember all three Orders had something involved there), they captured Mai Trin, they kicked her out of Divinity’s Reach, they destroyed the airport in Twilight Arbor, and they blew up the Tower of Nightmares. The Orders were involved with half of stopping Scarlet, and Lionguard with half as well.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Underdark.3726

everybody says that the X in bloodtide coast is whispers headquarters, yes? So where is the dot representing the probe just outside the cave? is not there. and so are missing the others.
And yes, the X’s are ambiguous, just like i stated.
Yes, the orders are trying to stop Scarlet, but she always followed the plan she have. She think everybody is meaningless, she sees everybody as insects and is just not like her to take a detour from her plan to destroy the orders.
imho.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Unless her plan from the beginning was to attack the four biggest multi-racial organizations in Tyria (the Orders + Lionguard; arguably you can slap on the Arch Exchange (banking system) and Black Lion Trading Post – three in LA, fits).

And all her acts until now was her preparing for such. The thumpers could be just another preparation. Or even a red herring, spreading forces across the continent so she can attack the HQs.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Volstag.6371

Volstag.6371

Anyone think the Arrows are related to her drawing the Elder dragons to LA for a single fight, let them fight each other and then “mari-laser” them down?

some men aren’t looking for anything logical…
some men just want to watch the world burn.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Anyone think the Arrows are related to her drawing the Elder dragons to LA for a single fight, let them fight each other and then “mari-laser” them down?

even if we were to ignore the fact that this is a videogame and ANet wouldn’t throw years worth of potential content out the window for the sake of a single computer-melting event, only one of the arrows is loosely coming from the direction of an ED’s location.

no.