dragon painting in scarlet's lair

in Lore

Posted by: Stephen.6312

Stephen.6312

Hi Etaoin,
You pointed out that there was an entity at the Thaumanova Reactor? Would you or anyone else be able to clarify this for us? Which entity are you referring to? Thanks

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Hi Etaoin,
You pointed out that there was an entity at the Thaumanova Reactor? Would you or anyone else be able to clarify this for us? Which entity are you referring to? Thanks

the weird light being we kill at the end.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Anyone think the Arrows are related to her drawing the Elder dragons to LA for a single fight, let them fight each other and then “mari-laser” them down?

I don’t think the Marionette has any long-term purpose actually. If you fail the event and talk to the NPCs immediately after, they say the Marionette blew up.

It’s bait, and the heroes are the fish. The “weapon test” seems to be a red herring. Which leads into Rox’s “culling the herd” theory.

Which makes me think even more that all she’s doing right now is intentionally weakening various groups – Hoelbrak and Iron Legion (Molten Alliance attacks); Lion’s Arch (Mai Trin); Kryta (Tower of Nightmares – “stupid humans, always in my way” I wonder how…); and now adventurers in general. And at the same time, she’s building an army, twisting them in various ways (dredge undergoing the Baelfire ritual of the Flame Legion; Nightmare Court and krait undergoing that toxin appearance).

Makes me think that all she’s been doing – and given the X’s on the map, is going to do next as well – is just to weaken the major players of Tyria.

Hi Etaoin,

The thing that’s just like a Diamond Djinn (aka air element djinn) in Nightfall.

The thing called Thaumanova Anomaly

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: sephard.2470

sephard.2470

Ah, didn’t see that.

Also, I was studying that dragon painting, and it seems like the dragon has strange tendrils hanging from its body. These could be plant-like appendages. But one thing seems sure, it does not look like Primordus as seen in Eye of the North.

That dragon painting looks similar to this concept art. I think perhaps that this dragon may be Mordremoth, look at the head patterns of both pictures, they both have these wavy figure patterns on their heads,it makes sense somehow.

Am I just imagining things or …

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Ah, didn’t see that.

Also, I was studying that dragon painting, and it seems like the dragon has strange tendrils hanging from its body. These could be plant-like appendages. But one thing seems sure, it does not look like Primordus as seen in Eye of the North.

That dragon painting looks similar to this concept art. I think perhaps that this dragon may be Mordremoth, look at the head patterns of both pictures, they both have these wavy figure patterns on their heads,it makes sense somehow.

Am I just imagining things or …

…huh.

they DO look alike. at least the face does.

in Lore

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

While we are on the topic of paintings.

Anyone has an idea what this sword is about: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/131899/gw077.jpg

I have seen it at the wall but i do not think it is the one the marionette wields.
I also do not think the design refers to a weapon we can wield so far.

Does anyone has any insight there?

in Lore

Posted by: moomooo.9357

moomooo.9357

Are you referring to the red paint? Looks like paint dripping from the jaw as opposed to trying to look like anything.

in Lore

Jaken.6801

I get a better picture.
I am talking about the blade drawing on paper on the wall.

It is certainly not the sword of the marionette or other Scarlet minions so far.
Even though it is sourounded by watchknight/marionette drawings.

So i am asking. Do we see something like this somwhere else ingame?

All other mechanical drawings and models are reflecting something we have allready seen (drill, thumper, etc…)

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Yeah, it’s the Marionette’s sword – which extends when she does the sword attacks, iirc.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I still think the painting on the ceiling looks a bit like the big dragon that changed quite a bit during the arc… Tecquatl.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Lore

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I personally suspect the ‘obvious’ conclusions are the correct ones. Mordremoth has been manipulating Scarlet and she is trying to find him using these probes. She will be drilling to find him. She is aware of the orders and will probably attack them soon.

I would add the following thoughts
- Perhaps Scarlet is just imagining her dragon because she is mad. Nobody except the mad person has any evidence for this.
- The orders were supposedly big enemies of the dragons before the Pact was formed so Scarlet could be attacking the orders on that basis, keeping uncertainty with the personal story timeline.
- I don’t understand how Scarlet sits outside the Nightmare Court, or inside, or anywhere else to do with nightmare. With Mordremoth involved it just gets too confusing as to how the dragon is involved with nightmare too.
- As usual the writing tells us one thing but shows another. Her book is written in very logical manner but tells us she is mad. Her cave shows cartoon horror designs when she’s meant to be a genius inventor. Trying to meet a dragon doesn’t explain any of her actions whatsoever. It’s as if her plot had a rewrite in November.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

I personally suspect the ‘obvious’ conclusions are the correct ones. Mordremoth has been manipulating Scarlet and she is trying to find him using these probes. She will be drilling to find him. She is aware of the orders and will probably attack them soon.

- Perhaps Scarlet is just imagining her dragon because she is mad. Nobody except the mad person has any evidence for this.
- The orders were supposedly big enemies of the dragons before the Pact was formed so Scarlet could be attacking the orders on that basis, keeping uncertainty with the personal story timeline.
- I don’t understand how Scarlet sits outside the Nightmare Court, or inside, or anywhere else to do with nightmare. With Mordremoth involved it just gets too confusing as to how the dragon is involved with nightmare too.
- As usual the writing tells us one thing but shows another. Her book is written in very logical manner but tells us she is mad. Her cave shows cartoon horror designs when she’s meant to be a genius inventor. Trying to meet a dragon doesn’t explain any of her actions whatsoever. It’s as if her plot had a rewrite in November.

ANet stated that the majority of the speculation is wrong, only very few people seem to be treading in the right direction. sooooo… keep that in mind.

she is by all means a qualified engineer. she built all that crap herself, and designed it. you can see the technical drawings plastered everywhere in her hideout. the cartoony drawings are from her bursts of batkitten insanity.

we have no conclusive evidence that she wants to meet a dragon. or pointing as to what her plan is at all, or how she plans to execute it.

oh and scarlet hates the nightmare court just as much as she hates the dreamers. she made a deal with them for a share of twilight arbor, nothing more, nothing less. she is not a nightmare courtier.

in Lore

Stooperdale.3560

“oh and scarlet hates the nightmare court just as much as she hates the dreamers. she made a deal with them for a share of twilight arbor, nothing more, nothing less. she is not a nightmare courtier.”

But as usual that’s what we’re told in story but it’s not what we see in the game world. Scarlet seems deeper into nightmares than the nightmare court and her psychology fits the court quite well (enjoying the surrender to nightmare, sadism, tyrannical rule, nightmare creations) so what is the difference? She is just such a nemesis that she’s unique, is that it?

If the nightmare court can see a vicious sadist struggling with personal nightmares then surely they would do everything in their power to induct her into their ranks? If they have a reason not to, why doesn’t that reason prevent them from allying with her?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

What Scarlet hates is conforming to a pre-existing group or falling in line under others. She’s egocentric to the max and her persona is that she views herself as a “special snowflake” character, actively trying to make such a reality… when it isn’t anywhere close to such, in all honesty (probably because she’s trying to be so special).

She doesn’t hate the Nightmare Court’s ideals, nor the court itself. She hates being part of a group she didn’t make/doesn’t lead. So even if she’s just like a courtier, she will always refuse the notion that she is a courtier.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

everybody says that the X in bloodtide coast is whispers headquarters, yes? So where is the dot representing the probe just outside the cave? is not there. and so are missing the others.
And yes, the X’s are ambiguous, just like i stated.
Yes, the orders are trying to stop Scarlet, but she always followed the plan she have. She think everybody is meaningless, she sees everybody as insects and is just not like her to take a detour from her plan to destroy the orders.
imho.

Last time I checked the Whispers HQ right after the patch there was no Thumper in front of it. I thought they removed it from there.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

You sure it wasn’t just destroyed because a player looted it for the power core component?

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

Let me log on and check real quick. I remember it was right infront of the cave entrance

Edit: Yea ok i just checked and it’s there guarded by some Aetherblades. My bad.

(edited by Xukavi.4320)

in Lore

Jaken.6801

remember it could be coincidently there.
That she does not really know that the HQ is there and just placed it there because it made sense for her scanning…

However, it is Scarlet we are talking about… so yeah…

On the other hand. She might just be scanning for who or whatever and noticed: “hey, this being is heading this point. Why would it go there?”

Nevertheless. The placement of the probes do not prove much.

While we are at the thumpers: The OoW does have a cavern there. Even if it is not right beneath, they would feel and hear the thumping noise.
I do not know, but i would really be annoyed by that.
Even better. I think and go around and look for thumpers that are on caverns or tunnel with life beneath that would just go up and smash these things to pieces.
(would be cool seeing some Skrits attack the thumpers instead of just us players.)

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

Given how they are now called Energy Probes, it would make more sense that they aren’t used for scanning for something but used to gather energy to empower something.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

remember it could be coincidently there.
That she does not really know that the HQ is there and just placed it there because it made sense for her scanning…

However, it is Scarlet we are talking about… so yeah…

On the other hand. She might just be scanning for who or whatever and noticed: “hey, this being is heading this point. Why would it go there?”

Nevertheless. The placement of the probes do not prove much.

While we are at the thumpers: The OoW does have a cavern there. Even if it is not right beneath, they would feel and hear the thumping noise.
I do not know, but i would really be annoyed by that.
Even better. I think and go around and look for thumpers that are on caverns or tunnel with life beneath that would just go up and smash these things to pieces.
(would be cool seeing some Skrits attack the thumpers instead of just us players.)

oh she knows the order is there. she put a thumper right in front of it. and then she marked on the map the vigil, the priory, lion’s arch, and oh, that specific thumper.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Given how they are now called Energy Probes, it would make more sense that they aren’t used for scanning for something but used to gather energy to empower something.

Taimi states they’re used for looking.

Which are what probes are, typically. Not gatherers but seekers.

Given the name, it’s likely she’s looking for… wait for it… energy!

Likely, thus, magical concentrations. Such as ley lines…

And she has a drill…

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

but she knows where the ley lines are, doesn’t she? I mean, she knew that they intersect at thaumanova…

in Lore

Stooperdale.3560

If an elder dragon was sleeping underground it is not unreasonable for it to be disturbing nearby ley lines in a measurable way, even if it unaware it is doing so.

in Lore

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

And she has a drill…

I agree that they are probably being used for some sort of a measurements. Ley lines are a possibility, but I have to wonder if the Thaumanova fractal hasn’t side-tracked us a bit too much in that regard. It’s also entirely possible that she is measuring underground activity in the Depths of Tyria, which as we know have an entrance right underneath Lion’s Arch. I lean more more towards the latter hypothesis, but I realize there is evidence pointing either way.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Lore

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

Perhaps her form of madness compels her to document things in a logical and orderly manner. Insanity is random and comes in a variety of forms. As for the dragon perhaps she doesn’t intend to meet one but rather create one. She seems to be a Mad Scientist type villain so it entirely possible all the events associated with her are actually “side effects” of her true objectives, whatever they could be.

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Lore

Xukavi.4320

And she has a drill…

Yea, makes sense. Once I read probe first thing that hit my mind was the probes from Mass Effect 2 and how you used those to gather resources. Would fit in that she’s both using them to look for something and probably use an attachment to them to get what she’s looking for.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Ley lines are a possibility, but I have to wonder if the Thaumanova fractal hasn’t side-tracked us a bit too much in that regard.

you think? :P

i’d like to think it that way: would the future living story chapters (and thus its conclusion) make sense if we did not have the information obtained at the thaumanova fractal?

that’s why i try to disregard anything that happened on thaumanova, and why i definitely don’t see abaddon popping up to say hi,

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

but she knows where the ley lines are, doesn’t she? I mean, she knew that they intersect at thaumanova…

No. The Thaumanova incident revealed their existence, and the fact there’s an intersection under/at/above Thaumanova, but that didn’t show where all the others are.

Ley lines are a possibility, but I have to wonder if the Thaumanova fractal hasn’t side-tracked us a bit too much in that regard.

i’d like to think it that way: would the future living story chapters (and thus its conclusion) make sense if we did not have the information obtained at the thaumanova fractal?

that’s why i try to disregard anything that happened on thaumanova, and why i definitely don’t see abaddon popping up to say hi,

Technically, players first learned of ley lines from an interview with Angel McCoy months before Fractured!’s release.

And honestly, yes. Scarlet going after a ley line would make sense even if we didn’t know that she knew of it. At least, it would make as much sense as her somehow getting a dozen+ krait obelisk shards, or her somehow working with steam creatures, or her somehow easily hijacking the Watchknights, or her somehow being undetected by the Priory despite being right underneath them, or her somehow capturing one of the best thieves in existence (Caithe) and knowing said thief’s secret (which apparently everyone forgot about).

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Lore

Posted by: Bigtony.5089

Bigtony.5089

Wait wait wait… Caithe is kidnapped ? Oo

in Lore

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

And honestly, yes. Scarlet going after a ley line would make sense even if we didn’t know that she knew of it. At least, it would make as much sense as her somehow getting a dozen+ krait obelisk shards, or her somehow working with steam creatures, or her somehow easily hijacking the Watchknights, or her somehow being undetected by the Priory despite being right underneath them, or her somehow capturing one of the best thieves in existence (Caithe) and knowing said thief’s secret (which apparently everyone forgot about).

Shhh, don’t forget putting an energy probe right in front of the Whispers HQ without anyone noticing or caring for weeks. In addition to knowing where the HQ is.
And the mention of her breaking with Teyo into Rata Sum’s archives for the upcoming Snaff competition. That would place the whole Inquest dabbling some time before the PS whereas the short-story states that after the Inquest deal she wandered several months then stayed with the hylek. Teyo’s Scarlet’s former krewemate and the one who stole the Snaff Savant’s Translocator which apparently was supposed to serve as explanation for Scarlet’s crazy teleporting around, but this makes the whole “so where does thaumanova fit in” deal even more confusing.
Then we also have her base in Lion’s Arch, her somehow working with renegade courtiers that seem to be in just for the evulz and totally don’t mind following her instead of idk gutting her, her acquiring plans of the completely new pact airships without the pact caring or noticing and her lack of reason WHY countless mobs of pirates and whatever alliances should be afraid of her.

…yeah sorry I just had to butt in when I saw the chance cough cough. Tho if anything I mentioned got cleared up and I missed it feel free to correct. :p

Anywayyys, I’ve been thinking and trying to see the whole plot from another angle. By the end of the PS we have a multiracial army and even anti-dragon lasers. So unless there was a big new ‘hindrance’ to overcome, the next dragon assault would be really short because we already have the tech and even if it’d be destroyed we’d still have the knowledge to remake it. Only Primordus and the DSD would offer another kind of problem where our tech might be useless or at least less efficient because they’re underground and underwater respectively. ‘Might’.

I wonder if Scarlet could be an attempt at a ‘hindrance’. Iiii don’t know how the whole pale-tree convo plays into this because honestly my thinking-resources are drained atm, but assuming the painting on the ceiling was a lieutenant of modremoth or modremoth himself and she’s originally had her own plans how to remake the world the way she likes it but then Modremoth “hijacked” her and now uses her to quicken his awakening (…if he hasn’t awakened yet) and decimate the orders that make up the pact.

…or at least that’s a random thought. Not my favorite theory but my gut feeling tells me it’s either something not too ‘surprising’ or something so out of the blue we couldn’t have possibly guessed it.

(edited by ElysianEternity.6215)

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Wait wait wait… Caithe is kidnapped ? Oo

During the new Twilight Arbor path. She’s captured and imprisoned by Scarlet – you free her at the end.

And the mention of her breaking with Teyo into Rata Sum’s archives for the upcoming Snaff competition. That would place the whole Inquest dabbling some time before the PS whereas the short-story states that after the Inquest deal she wandered several months then stayed with the hylek. Teyo’s Scarlet’s former krewemate and the one who stole the Snaff Savant’s Translocator which apparently was supposed to serve as explanation for Scarlet’s crazy teleporting around, but this makes the whole “so where does thaumanova fit in” deal even more confusing.

Actually, Ceara was exiled from Rata Sum with no possessions on her. So unless she has a hell of a good memory, then she didn’t have any of the Snaff Prize competition stuff with her.

And I don’t think a placement is really easy with that, given that we don’t know how long the blueprints would be in the archives. Though it seems very weird that the upcoming inventions would have such placed within Rata Sum’s archives.

Anywayyys, I’ve been thinking and trying to see the whole plot from another angle. By the end of the PS we have a multiracial army and even anti-dragon lasers.

Anti-Risen/Zhaitan* It was geared for Zhaitan’s magical frequency IIRC – or whatever it was called. A lot of the Pact’s stuff before story mode Arah are made for anti-Risen, though.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: ElysianEternity.6215

ElysianEternity.6215

@Konig des Todes

Things ended suddenly and badly, however, when Ceara and her krewmate Teyo broke into the city’s archives and tampered with several of the designs they found there. It was presented to her as a means to give the Inquest a competitive edge in the upcoming Snaff Prize competitions, but Ceara also left her stamp on a few unrelated projects she found.

When caught, Teyo teleported herself to safety and left Ceara to face the consequences. The Council stripped Ceara of her academic credentials and the Peacemakers ejected her from Rata Sum. She laughed and left the city without any of her research notes or belongings, whistling as she went.

She wandered for several months before settling in with the Michotl hylek just outside Rata Sum (which required her to disguise herself under a hooded cowl to avoid the attention of the Peacemakers).

Meanwhile from the Personal Story quest, The Snaff Prize

Councillor Flax: Stop this! The contest is over. I hereby declare Varkk and his krewe win this year’s Snaff Prize!
Teyo: Unacceptable! That device derived from Inquest research, and I have evidence to prove it.
Councillor Flax: That’s a serious allegation. The judges will certainly look into it, but in the meantime…
Councillor Flax: The decision stands. However, in light of Teyo’s evidence, the Inquest may now reclaim its property.

So yeah the designs for the Snaff competition are for some weird reason in the archives and the Inquest tampered with some of them and in our case seems to have the collected ‘claims of evidence’ concerning the Snaff Savant’s inventions.

How Ceara kept it all in her head when it states she didn’t take any notes with her I don’t know. But them accessing the designs and her creating a device that allows her to teleport around without exit-gate which is exactly what the Translocator is still seems off to me.

Curiously enough there’s also that mention of her cowl which she also wore during Thaumanova and later on during the Jubilee.

So going by this, first she got kicked out of Rata Sum. And with that presumably also by the Inquest, seeing as her time with the Inquest was ‘brief’.

The Snaff competition is described as upcoming, which seems to indicate only a few months left. Upcoming isn’t what I’d describe a yearly event 8-7 months from now.
Then she wandered around several months before meeting the Hylek which means 3 months at least.
And then she joins Omadd’s experiment and goes coo-coo.
Thaumanova happened only recently before the PS.

According to the Fractal, she was part of the Inquest.
Then we see her wearing the cowl which she started wearing /after/ she got kicked out of Rata Sum and the Inquest.
And then inside of the Fractal she already acts and is even named as Scarlet Briar and not Ceara.
So with the Fractal inconsistency in mind and even leaving out the time-frame guessing of the archive-tampering which would just make it more confusing, the whole thing is still one confusing mess.

And actually at the end of the PS when Zojja works on the gun she says draconic energies. There’s no mention of it being made for Zhaitan in specific – it simply says lead tracer for draconic energies.

I think? what you’re thinking about is Gorr’s rifle which was destroying Zhaitan’s magical essence of his will inside of Risen and was specifically an anti-Zhaitan weapon.

(edited by ElysianEternity.6215)

in Lore

Underdark.3726

No. The Thaumanova incident revealed their existence, and the fact there’s an intersection under/at/above Thaumanova, but that didn’t show where all the others are.

From the Thaumanova fractal:
Scarlet Briar: At least they helped identify the network of magical channels that crisscross the globe. That was a breakthrough. Now we know how NOT to do this kind of research right on an intersection of those channels. Live and learn, right?

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

How so? I didn’t see any indication that she was with the Inquest. All I see is that she visited the Thaumanova reactor, either in the past for real, or now as a fractal.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

How so? I didn’t see any indication that she was with the Inquest. All I see is that she visited the Thaumanova reactor, either in the past for real, or now as a fractal.

If I remember right, I think one of the Inquest in the fractal implied she was a consultant. I don’t think they outright said it, but they said something of the effect of “weird things started to happen once that consultant showed up”.

I’ll have to see if I can find the dialogue somewhere. It doesn’t seem to be in the wiki.

in Lore

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That’s very interesting. Please find that quote, it might allow us to deduce if she was actually at the reactor before the accident.

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

My googling skills turned up naught it seems. All I can seem to turn up is Aaron Ansari discussing the matter on https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/lore/lore/Scarlet-Slayer-of-Lores/page/6#post3268819.

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Technically, players first learned of ley lines from an interview with Angel McCoy months before Fractured!’s release.

i’m talking from an in-game perspective.

would it make any sense for the player if she out of nowhere started spouting about leylines with no previous information? ‘cause interviews are a very flimsy, niche source of information (in that the vast majority of players will never know it even happened), so the only time the average player could’ve learned about leylines was on the fractured release.

and without that release, there would be no way to introduce the concept of leylines in-game without feeling like a shoehorned last second change of plans.

in Lore

Posted by: bibakilla.4903

bibakilla.4903

That’s very interesting. Please find that quote, it might allow us to deduce if she was actually at the reactor before the accident.

If you go into the Thauma-Frac, it is said, that there is a “special consultant” and that it would be interesting to see her.
Even some inquest-npcs there are talking a little bit about her.

The special consultant is Scarlett.

EDIT:

What do you think?
The “unfinished” Jp beneath the Caledon-forrest?
Actually it would kinda fit to Scarlett.

It looks like a mix out of Asura-tech, Sylvari-Plants and..well..Lava.

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22153965/gw254.jpg.html
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22153964/gw256.jpg.html
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22153963/gw258.jpg.html
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22153971/gw259.jpg.html
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22153974/gw261.jpg.html
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22153973/gw262.jpg.html

A little version of the “pale-tree” with tech-attachments included.

(edited by bibakilla.4903)

in Lore

Underdark.3726

:O
where is this place?

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

that puzzle’s been there forever. it’s unfinished and non-canon, there’s a reason why you can’t access it without breaking the game.

though i wouldn’t oppose it finally being used for something.

in Lore

Posted by: bibakilla.4903

bibakilla.4903

The entrance is hidden, and there is a invisible wall, so you can’t get over the entrance behind the bushes.

I tried it a few minutes ago, looks like there is a new wall there, the old “way” to get in isn’t available anymore. Look’s like they updated it with the last patch or something.

Attachments:

in Lore

Underdark.3726

kitten … guess i needed to walk into walls more

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Been ignoring this thread, but got called out specifically on the consultant bit, so I’ll respond to that.

That bit of dialogue is very easy to miss- in fact, the level appears designed to ensure you miss it. To hear it, you have to ignore the portal dropping enemies right at the start and immediately take off hugging the right-hand wall.

Since the wiki doesn’t have it, here’s a thread with a screenshot of it (third post). All credit to Nilkemia, who is the entire reason I knew about this dialogue in the first place!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/fractured/Into-the-Thaumanova-Breach/first#post3270075

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Posted by: Darkbattlemage.9612

Darkbattlemage.9612

The entrance is hidden, and there is a invisible wall, so you can’t get over the entrance behind the bushes.

I tried it a few minutes ago, looks like there is a new wall there, the old “way” to get in isn’t available anymore. Look’s like they updated it with the last patch or something.

Why do I get the feeling this might be reimplemented as either the headquarters or one of Scarlet’s many lairs?

I’m the Asura Elementalist that stole all your cookies, well except the oatmeal ones.
Chaos always finds a way, who you think Evil learned it from?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

@Konig des Todes

-snip-

Yes, I re-read the short story’s section to refresh my memory but:

1) No where does it say that her teleportation devices come from the Synergetics storyline; especially considering they appear like Steam creature portals and the only other case of such portals being used besides Scarlet is the Infinity Ball.

2) There’s no indication of how long before the Snaff Prize the alterations took place, just the very general “upcoming” which could be a good deal, and the “several months” is rather vague too – 3 months still counts there. Though this does give a better indication of Scarlet’s age and when she underwent the experiment (after the PS started).

How Ceara kept it all in her head when it states she didn’t take any notes with her I don’t know. But them accessing the designs and her creating a device that allows her to teleport around without exit-gate which is exactly what the Translocator is still seems off to me.

There’s a major flaw with your theory:

Scarlet may not use gates, but she does use portals. The Translocator did NOT use portals.

The Snaff competition is described as upcoming, which seems to indicate only a few months left. Upcoming isn’t what I’d describe a yearly event 8-7 months from now.
Then she wandered around several months before meeting the Hylek which means 3 months at least.
And then she joins Omadd’s experiment and goes coo-coo.
Thaumanova happened only recently before the PS.

Technically speaking, the Thaumanova explosion could have arguably happened during the first chapter of the PS. The zones seem to progress in timeline on a level basis – so Thuamanova cleanup being level 15 could, theoretically, be after the first PS arc and during the second. As such, it is possible for the explosion to happen even after the Snaff Prize.

And actually at the end of the PS when Zojja works on the gun she says draconic energies. There’s no mention of it being made for Zhaitan in specific – it simply says lead tracer for draconic energies.

Earlier it is stated (I forget where, sadly) that the Pact’s cannon weaponry in Orr are anti-Risen. Or at least their cannons are.

I think? what you’re thinking about is Gorr’s rifle which was destroying Zhaitan’s magical essence of his will inside of Risen and was specifically an anti-Zhaitan weapon.

Not that (actually, I never did that story step), but I wouldn’t doubt it was derived from that.

From the Thaumanova fractal:
Scarlet Briar: At least they helped identify the network of magical channels that crisscross the globe. That was a breakthrough. Now we know how NOT to do this kind of research right on an intersection of those channels. Live and learn, right?

Yes. “helped identify” not “helped locate”. As in, she figured out what the source of magic was – a network of magical channels that crisscross the globe.

would it make any sense for the player if she out of nowhere started spouting about leylines with no previous information? ‘cause interviews are a very flimsy, niche source of information (in that the vast majority of players will never know it even happened), so the only time the average player could’ve learned about leylines was on the fractured release.

and without that release, there would be no way to introduce the concept of leylines in-game without feeling like a shoehorned last second change of plans.

Given how much of Scarlet comes out of no where – either to everyone or just to players who don’t seek story/lore outside of the game – then I would say yes, it would.

This isn’t some grand masterpiece where everything is going to be foreshadowed or make sense upon reveal. This is a flimsy story arc that ArenaNet used as a guine pig for their living story as they got used to working the LS update style and progress. Something I wish they didn’t do and instead spent more time between releases with more content per release.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Given how much of Scarlet comes out of no where – either to everyone or just to players who don’t seek story/lore outside of the game – then I would say yes, it would.

This isn’t some grand masterpiece where everything is going to be foreshadowed or make sense upon reveal. This is a flimsy story arc that ArenaNet used as a guine pig for their living story as they got used to working the LS update style and progress. Something I wish they didn’t do and instead spent more time between releases with more content per release.

well ANet sure disagrees with you, and i’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until this arc is over. i wanna see if it was poor foreshadowing or they just hacked a bunch of ideas together and only wrote a proper arc way later.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

ArenaNet’s publicizing is completely different than the final product, though. So… yeah.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

Why is there a thumper in the middle of lions arch. One should think that it should have been destroyed right away…