elder dragons and future story...

in Lore

Posted by: Sarlius.6514

Sarlius.6514

so… sorry if this reads horribly I’m not a great writer but I’ve been getting very nostalgic over GW1 recently…. sadly my account is lost to the mists and i cannot remember anything to do with it in order to get it back…. anyway i digress,,,, here goes… this is all my opinion and i am looking for others thoughts who may have heard more info!

sooo as we know so far in GW2 we have been to Orr, the worlds most ugly place, and defeated Elder dragon 1, Zhaitan, we have then travelled to the heart of maguuma and killed off elder dragon 2, mordremoth, so that leaves 4 more dragons… Primodus, Kralkatorik, Jorma, and the Deep sea dragon…

So far i have been trying to piece together Anets plans for the remaining dragons…. and this is what i have….

Jormag, first seen frozen in a lake in GW1, woke up and took over the far shiver peaks, currently residing near the eye of the north.

Kralk, almost defeated by destiny edge, killed glint (cue angry hate speech) flew off to southern crystal desert, currently dossing around stopping anyone passing south.

Primodus, lives underground, we already killed his right hand man in the great destroyer way back in GW1 now he’s woken up as we hear in LS3, and he’s probably gonna start killing off some stuff with more destroyers again soon…

Deep Sea Dragon… thats it, we know nothing!!!!

So here are my thoughts…..

Primordus, we know, or can be pretty sure, is gonna be the next expansion big boss dragon we have to kill, LWS3 he is announced to have awoken, so lets face it, unless Anet do a U-turn, he’s up next.

Jormag, I think will be dragon number 4, why?? well look at the map, the far northern shiver peaks, where the eye of the north, is already built onto the map, so they don’t need to add extra space, could we see a return to the eye? will we be able to bump into statues of gwen, and maybe link up with statues of our old characters? i dunno, but Jorma is up there, and we wouldn’t even have to travel far….

Kralk, so as we know, kralk is blocking any transit to southern crystal desert and Elona, another area built into the map, the Elon River, is there, and you can see the area of the map that Elona is built on in GW1 nightfall…. so i think Kralk number 5, travel to Elona with the order of whispers, link up with our boys down in Elona and fight him with the Elon brigade! maybe see a return of the dervish and paragon classes, NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! my dervish was the man!! and those elite skills where you avatar the gods, DAAAYUMMM anyway thats my hope, be a dervish and kill kralk, and have leona to explore all over again, Istan was my favourite zone in GW1.

Last but not least, there is a huuuuge ocean, it sits between Kryta/Elona and Cantha, cast your memories back to the good old factions days…. now story and lore states, since zhaitans rising, cantha lost contact with the mainland….. is that because of zhaitan, surely by now trade routes would have been built… or is there a BIG F OFF deep sea dragon with no name or image hanging out in between here… are the factions still going strong??? will we see a return to Cantha, unite the factions once more and fight the deep sea dragon, in what would likely be one of the last if not the last expansion on GW2… i would friggin love that!! bringing back the old locations!!!

So there you have it…

1. Zhaitan – Dead
2. Morderemoth – Dead
3. Primordus – coming soon
4. Jormag – eye of the north revamp
6. Kralkatorik – Elona revamp
7. Deep sea dragon – Cantha Revamp

Let me know what you think, i hope i am right, cause i would love a revamp of the good old days, maybe i need to open up to new things, but being the world is already designed from a previous game, surely they can’t stray to far from that path!

in Lore

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

so… sorry if this reads horribly I’m not a great writer but I’ve been getting very nostalgic over GW1 recently….

Primordus, we know, or can be pretty sure, is gonna be the next expansion big boss dragon we have to kill, LWS3 he is announced to have awoken, so lets face it, unless Anet do a U-turn, he’s up next.

Good news everyone! We’re going to back to the Ring of Fire on the 20th!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/11142/Guild-Wars-2-Episode-2-Drops-September-20th-Takes-Us-Back-to-the-Ring-of-Fire.html

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

so… sorry if this reads horribly I’m not a great writer but I’ve been getting very nostalgic over GW1 recently…. sadly my account is lost to the mists and i cannot remember anything to do with it in order to get it back…. anyway i digress,,,, here goes… this is all my opinion and i am looking for others thoughts who may have heard more info!

if you linked your accounts, your GW1 login (email and password) is the same as your GW2 login.

Jormag, first seen frozen in a lake in GW1, woke up and took over the far shiver peaks, currently residing near the eye of the north.

That was actually Drakkar, a champion of Jormag. Jormag awoke far to the north and took four years in a blizzard to march on the norn.

Kralk, almost defeated by destiny edge, killed glint (cue angry hate speech) flew off to southern crystal desert, currently dossing around stopping anyone passing south.

We actually don’t know which direction Kralkatorrik flew off in. The novel never specified. Obviously it didn’t fly back north or west, but it could have gone east, southeast, south, or southwest.

Primodus, lives underground, we already killed his right hand man in the great destroyer way back in GW1 now he’s woken up as we hear in LS3, and he’s probably gonna start killing off some stuff with more destroyers again soon…

Primordus actually woke up 200 years ago. What Taimi says is that “Primordus is active.”

Deep Sea Dragon… thats it, we know nothing!!!!

We know it woke up somewhere between 200 and 150 years ago (between Primordus and Jormag); we know that it awoke in the deepest parts of the Unending Ocean, and we know that it’s pushed the quaggan, krait, and karka out of their homelands and is currently fighting the largos.

More than nothing.

There’s theory that Anet might send us to fight multiple Elder Dragons at once, given that the ED plot seems to be ramping up in criticality (world going chaotic from too much magic; we need to find an alternative container and the remaining Elder Dragons’ minions are increased hostilities due to the higher concentrations of magic).

Last but not least, there is a huuuuge ocean, it sits between Kryta/Elona and Cantha, cast your memories back to the good old factions days…. now story and lore states, since zhaitans rising, cantha lost contact with the mainland….. is that because of zhaitan, surely by now trade routes would have been built… or is there a BIG F OFF deep sea dragon with no name or image hanging out in between here… are the factions still going strong??? will we see a return to Cantha, unite the factions once more and fight the deep sea dragon, in what would likely be one of the last if not the last expansion on GW2… i would friggin love that!! bringing back the old locations!!!

Based on what we know of lore, all indication actually puts the DSD at northwest of Cantha and southwest of Tyria – more or less directly west of the Battle Isles.

As for trade routes – after 100 years, there’s no reason an isolationist nation would send ships when they couldn’t possibly know the cause is gone, and Tyrians have too many problems to deal with to navigate months long journies to a nation that a) may not exist, b) may be highly hostile, and c) were already anti-nonhumans 100 years prior.

so… sorry if this reads horribly I’m not a great writer but I’ve been getting very nostalgic over GW1 recently….

Good news everyone! We’re going to back to the Ring of Fire on the 20th!

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/11142/Guild-Wars-2-Episode-2-Drops-September-20th-Takes-Us-Back-to-the-Ring-of-Fire.html

Which has had no relation to Primordus thus far.

But apparently, for some obscure reason, they’re sending Primordus there. From where he woke. Despite the fact lore states he’s been moving around for 200 years (and is why we see destroyers from Brisban to Maelstrom), and despite the fact that making Primordus surface destroys any reason to go into the Depths of Tyria and explore the ancient lost cities of the asura and other unknown races – and removes, without removing Primordus, all reason for the asura, skritt, and dredge to not return home. And removes all reason to see the fate of the stone dwarves first hand.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

But apparently, for some obscure reason, they’re sending Primordus there. From where he woke. Despite the fact lore states he’s been moving around for 200 years (and is why we see destroyers from Brisban to Maelstrom), and despite the fact that making Primordus surface destroys any reason to go into the Depths of Tyria and explore the ancient lost cities of the asura and other unknown races – and removes, without removing Primordus, all reason for the asura, skritt, and dredge to not return home. And removes all reason to see the fate of the stone dwarves first hand.

Reading through that article? No mention of Primordus showing up there, or even destroyers. Just that Taimi’s wandered off that way to get more readings or something. Most tellingly, the list of things that have changed the region are “Mordremoth, Zhaitan, and hundreds of years”- you’d think if an Elder Dragon had personally popped up in the middle somewhere, it would’ve gotten a nod.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

in Lore

Sarlius.6514

@Konig Des Todes.2086

I’m impressed at the extra stuff you know, a lot of it i have read, but is not relevant to the current situation, regarding DSD pushing creatures out of their homes etc…. I’m more thinking in regards to how the game will develop and the story as well, what will Anet do for the remaining dragons, and how will it play out, will we see Cantha, and Elona again, or are they gonna avoid that?

in Lore

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I wonder if it has something to do with Lazarus. The mursaat were active there because of the door of komalie. So maybe he will be there to further whatever plans he has. And now he also has absorbed a big chunk of magic that was containt in one of the bloodstone parts, which is a artifact that was created keep magic safe of the elder dragons. Maybe now the dragons can sense that big chunk of magic again due the bloodstone part gone and primodus is after it hence why he “follows” Lazarus to the ring of fire.

How is that theory?

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Reading through that article? No mention of Primordus showing up there, or even destroyers. Just that Taimi’s wandered off that way to get more readings or something. Most tellingly, the list of things that have changed the region are “Mordremoth, Zhaitan, and hundreds of years”- you’d think if an Elder Dragon had personally popped up in the middle somewhere, it would’ve gotten a nod.

Seis’s achievement. It shows something that could only be Primordus or one of its champ moving southwest in the direction of RoF, and RoF is the next new map.

Not hard to put two and two together.

Still a chance for that not to be so. But if Primordus doesn’t show up at the RoF, I will be pleasantly surprised.

I wonder if it has something to do with Lazarus. The mursaat were active there because of the door of komalie. So maybe he will be there to further whatever plans he has. And now he also has absorbed a big chunk of magic that was containt in one of the bloodstone parts, which is a artifact that was created keep magic safe of the elder dragons. Maybe now the dragons can sense that big chunk of magic again due the bloodstone part gone and primodus is after it hence why he “follows” Lazarus to the ring of fire.

How is that theory?

If Primordus was just after Bloodstone, he’d go to Bloodstone Cave which he literally passes by.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

How is that theory?

If Primordus was just after Bloodstone, he’d go to Bloodstone Cave which he literally passes by.

Can he though? From what i understood about the bloodstone, is that the seers created it to contain the uncorrupted magic. I am not sure about this but couldnt they made the bloodstone to protect said magic from the elder dragons. So wouldnt it reasonable to assume that the magic inside the bloodstone parts is hidden or unaccessable for the dragons? After all the elder dragons a magic hungry creatures i dont see why they wouldnt go after the bloodstones if they can.

But now with what happend in LS3 episode 1 a big chunk of the magic of the bloodstone part from bloodstone fen is with Lazarus, which could mean that said protection doesnt apply anymore (the bloodstone part kinda exploded after all, which i would say is different from what the gods did when the split the bloodstone) and the dragons can go after it now.

Well it is only a theory but i dont think it makes much sense for primodus to go to the ring of fire islands now unless he is somehow lured to it. And that where Lazarus and the magic of the bloodfen bloodstone comes in. After all he has some relation to the ring of fire islands due the fact that there was the door of komalie and a mursaat base.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

It’s more than just the Door of Komalie- the Ring of Fire also had a bloodstone. Even if Primordus can’t get into the rock as it currently is, Lazarus and his minions have already proven that they can. If I had to guess, I’d say that’s where the story is going: Lazarus is looking to drain the power of another for his ‘virtuous pursuits’. It allows ArenaNet to let us be involved in meddling with his plan, and gives them the chance to seed hints of what’s to come, while still drawing out the suspense and not tipping their hand where Lazarus’ ultimate goals are concerned.

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Surely if it was Primordus we have followed from the wp near where the central transfer chamber is, then Taimi could just confirm that remotely. If her map or sensors are strong enough to detect him being active ftom that distance, we could simp,y ask her if that is the dragon moving.

It could be a very large lieutenant. Maybe this Molten Dominator, although that could easily be a Mursaat defence creature on the island. Could the remaining Dwarves have created something bustling with magic that is displacing? I dont think it is Lazarus, since it doesnt make sense to head across the map and then back again in such a short period of time.

What is a potential shame is that any loose ends from HoT appear to have been fully dropped now.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s more than just the Door of Komalie- the Ring of Fire also had a bloodstone. Even if Primordus can’t get into the rock as it currently is, Lazarus and his minions have already proven that they can. If I had to guess, I’d say that’s where the story is going: Lazarus is looking to drain the power of another for his ‘virtuous pursuits’. It allows ArenaNet to let us be involved in meddling with his plan, and gives them the chance to seed hints of what’s to come, while still drawing out the suspense and not tipping their hand where Lazarus’ ultimate goals are concerned.

But that doesn’t explain why we have massive magic disturbances underground traveling towards the RoF.

Surely if it was Primordus we have followed from the wp near where the central transfer chamber is, then Taimi could just confirm that remotely. If her map or sensors are strong enough to detect him being active ftom that distance, we could simp,y ask her if that is the dragon moving.

While a dragon champion is plausible – especially given Primordus has been moving about for the past 200 years per old lore (which I would no longer be surprised at this point if ArenaNet decided to retcon such) – Taimi wouldn’t be contacting because it’s not part of the LW S3 happening. All the Current Events seem to be, like the raids, “random adventurers and mercenaries”.

Our PC seems to be playing two separate roles in the game content now. One is that of “the Pact Commander, slayer of Zhaitan and Mordremoth” the other is “mercenary and/or adventure” – the former is obviously the main story, and various HoT events and dialogues; the latter, seems to be the role we take for the raids, dungeons, and Current Events/other open world events that don’t call us Commander (95% of them).

What is a potential shame is that any loose ends from HoT appear to have been fully dropped now.

Not all of them… The articles about E2 mention Mordremoth’s effects on the Ring of Fire. And one hints that Primordus has “taken over” some of the things Mordremoth left behind…

Beware, the Mordrem Destroyers.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Primordus is not after the bloodstone, he’s after Lazarus. Lazarus seems to have just absorbed a large amount of magic that was previously unavailable to Primordus.

in Lore

Posted by: TheOrlyFactor.8341

TheOrlyFactor.8341

This.

That’s really my biggest gripe with LWS3 so far. I mean, the one thing I really care about (Zojja’s and Logan’s condition) was barely elaborated on. I know part of this is due to voice actor availability for those characters but c’mon, give us something more than Rytlock saying they’re “still laid up”. That doesn’t really tell us anything. Surely there’s a way to give us more that doesn’t involve/hinge on voice actor availability. :x

They (Anet) seem more keen to pursue new stuff than trying to tie up loose ends they created with the mess of a story that is HoT and this just…disappoints folks like myself who want some resolution.

Sure, they could end up addressing those issues later down the line in future chapters. However, all I have to go by is what they’ve released and going by what they’ve released I’m not filled with confidence that Anet’s gonna resolve loose ends from HoT ever. :\

Playing GW2 for the story is like expecting plot in a porno. You’ll be left disappointed.

in Lore

Aaron Ansari.1604

But that doesn’t explain why we have massive magic disturbances underground traveling towards the RoF.

That is true, but consider also that in the latest phase of Seis’ achievement, she openly scoffs at our character jumping to the conclusion that it’s Primordus, then makes a pretty blatant hint that it could easily be something we’ve never seen before. It might well be nothing more than a red herring, but it does remind me of another time ANet gently rebuked us for jumping to conclusions too quickly.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

Seis also states in that scoffing that “the last time a dragon relocated, it crystallized half of Ascalon.”

In other words, Seis relates “Elder Dragons moving” to “must result in cataclysmic event” – not an irrational thought, but a false one. Especially since we’ve been told Primordus has been moving since waking, and in Sea of Sorrows there’s lines which calls Zhaitan the second Elder Dragon to wake, indicating that Primordus’ existence was largely questioned even by that time (thus, no cataclysmic event for his waking).

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Randulf.7614

From a human, Norn, Charr or Sylvari point of view there was no cataclysmic event when Primordus became fully active. To the Asura who were displaced and all the other races/creatures once living deep underground, they might regard that time as cataclysmic.

That could also apply to the DSD. We know very little about it and its rising/activity, but the effect on the Quaggan, Krait and Largos could be considered cataclysmic to them, even if the impact to us is virtually nothing.

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

From a human, Norn, Charr or Sylvari point of view there was no cataclysmic event. To the Asura who were displaced and all the other races/creatures once living deep underground, they might regard that time as cataclysmic.

Humans lost their capital city, Norn lost their homelands (and several spirits of the wild) and Charr had the brand. How are those not cataclysmic events?

in Lore

Randulf.7614

From a human, Norn, Charr or Sylvari point of view there was no cataclysmic event. To the Asura who were displaced and all the other races/creatures once living deep underground, they might regard that time as cataclysmic.

Humans lost their capital city, Norn lost their homelands (and several spirits of the wild) and Charr had the brand. How are those not cataclysmic events?

I was referring to the post above specifically about Primordus. Apologies – should have quoted the post for better context. I have edited that post for clarity

in Lore

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

I don’t know if Elder Dragons can actually feel Bloodstone magic (because of why they were created). However I would not be surprised if Lazarus would be right now trying to overcharge a second Bloodstone to absorb its power like he seemingly did with the first one. The overcharging would actually redirect some magic through ley lines towards the Ring of Fire and that would be what Primordus or its champion would sense at the moment. Suspecting a an imminent surge of magic he could actually have a lot of interest in having some presence around in order to not miss it this time.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

From a human, Norn, Charr or Sylvari point of view there was no cataclysmic event when Primordus became fully active. To the Asura who were displaced and all the other races/creatures once living deep underground, they might regard that time as cataclysmic.

That could also apply to the DSD. We know very little about it and its rising/activity, but the effect on the Quaggan, Krait and Largos could be considered cataclysmic to them, even if the impact to us is virtually nothing.

Thing is, that’s about Primordus’ awakening, not it moving about for the past 200 years.

I don’t know if Elder Dragons can actually feel Bloodstone magic (because of why they were created). However I would not be surprised if Lazarus would be right now trying to overcharge a second Bloodstone to absorb its power like he seemingly did with the first one. The overcharging would actually redirect some magic through ley lines towards the Ring of Fire and that would be what Primordus or its champion would sense at the moment. Suspecting a an imminent surge of magic he could actually have a lot of interest in having some presence around in order to not miss it this time.

Lazarus didn’t overcharge the Maguuma Bloodstone. That happened due to Zhaitan and Mordremoth’s deaths.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Lazarus didn’t overcharge the Maguuma Bloodstone. That happened due to Zhaitan and Mordremoth’s deaths.

Well the amount of releasable magic was due to their death but the explosion and release of magic was due to the White Mantle harvesting activities and ritual. I think they had an idea of what they were doing : releasing the magic to feed Lazarus.
Now for a second stone they may not have to wait that much to do it…

But even in the case of dragon magic being the sole responsible of it, one part or Mordremoth magic went south, towards the Ring of Fire.
So in both cases I think there is a second Bloodstone ready to “hatch” and the process is actually detectable in the leyline network (like Taimi saw the Bloodstone reacting on her map).
So all in all, if Primordus is sensing it, no surprise he’s sending something in that direction.

in Lore

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Didn’t the Mursaats decided to “hide” because of Elder Dragons? What if Primordus is after Lazarus and wants his magic to become stronger?

in Lore

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

Now that the story of Tyria in GW2 has advanced significantly especially in regards to Zhaitan – the Orr maps should now show less Dragon corruption seeing as Orr is now in the process of being cleansed as a direct result of the completion of the Personal Story? Orr should only be still complete corrupted in the Orr-Personal Story instances.

in Lore

Posted by: Nicholas S Lin.6187

Nicholas S Lin.6187

Orr should show signs that its in the process of being cleansed – with plants and animals starting to come back. And of course crazy nobles taking an adventure trek or two or three…..

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

There actually were fresh trees added… to the Temple of Melandru… years and years ago, around the time they revamped the temple fights in… February 2013?

The only reason why nobles were in the Heart of Maguuma is because (aside frm being convinced by Faren), they were far behind the Pact Fleet, and thought themselves safe due to how effective said fleet were against Zhaitan. There’d be no such protection in Orr.

There’d also be no animals moving back into Orr… cleansing dragon corruption doesn’t sprout new animals – it just allows new life to return naturally, and with risen left and right around Orr still such animals wouldn’t survive.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Sarlius.6514

you guys make me happy! this is the reason i love gw2, i make a random post, written terribly, and this conversation is now happening!

IMO, primordus will bring some kind of return of relations to dwarves, not necessarily as living creatures, but if you remember in GW1 they turn to stone, to defend, could we see some unlikely allies??

I think that most of the fight with Kralk, will bring the forgotten back, as it is the desert where they were in GW1, as well as the return of the dervish class, and maybe the paragon……

Deep sea dragon, no idea, but ritualist was my favourite class EVER….. so id love that back….

And maybe for jormag, see some kind of eye of the north reference, i would love them to bring back so many references to the original game, but seriously for me, brining back Dervish and ritualist would be EPIC!!!

With regards to the posts about Primordus movements, from the LORE, he has been moving for 200 years, but not majorly, this new “Primordus has woken up” idea maybe that he is now ready to fight… next expansion me thinks….

I just hope they get all the dragons out before the game loses followers, i means…. 1 expansion in 4 years is prettttyyyy sloooowwwwwww

in Lore

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

I might be saying something stupid but is it possible both Lazarus and Primordus are going to RoF not because of the Bloodstone but because of the Door of Komalie?

Probably there are bloodstones easier to access, and probably some of them are under white mantle control. If lazarus were aiming them, I think it would be logical to get those first.

What happenned to the Door of Komalie after the events of prophecies is a mystery for me, but if we assume it remained closed because the soul batteries, those batteries might “expire” soon. Considering this Lazarus might be heading that way to refill them.

Also if Lazarus was to fail in keeping the Door of Komalie closed and we encounter Titans once again, is it possible for Primordus to corrupt them? As far as I know Titans adapt to their terrains , if we encounter them in RoF they are all gonna be stones & fire, which could be corrupted by the Fire Dragon IMO.

Also if this can happen, Lazarus might be aiming to open the Door of Komalie to release Titans once again, but to be corrupted by the elder dragon, making him a lot stronger, which in return will weaken us much more.

in Lore

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

I might be saying something stupid but is it possible both Lazarus and Primordus are going to RoF not because of the Bloodstone but because of the Door of Komalie?

Probably there are bloodstones easier to access, and probably some of them are under white mantle control. If lazarus were aiming them, I think it would be logical to get those first.

What happenned to the Door of Komalie after the events of prophecies is a mystery for me, but if we assume it remained closed because the soul batteries, those batteries might “expire” soon. Considering this Lazarus might be heading that way to refill them.

Also if Lazarus was to fail in keeping the Door of Komalie closed and we encounter Titans once again, is it possible for Primordus to corrupt them? As far as I know Titans adapt to their terrains , if we encounter them in RoF they are all gonna be stones & fire, which could be corrupted by the Fire Dragon IMO.

Also if this can happen, Lazarus might be aiming to open the Door of Komalie to release Titans once again, but to be corrupted by the elder dragon, making him a lot stronger, which in return will weaken us much more.

Primordus doesn’t corrupt living beings unlike other elder dragons (or maybe it has never been seen), he endlessly create minions with earth and lava with kitten in their face as a mockery.

PS: I know this is the Smelter Demon from DS2 but it was too funny not to put in it.

Attachments:

in Lore

Scipio.3204

Primordus doesn’t corrupt living beings unlike other elder dragons (or maybe it has never been seen), he endlessly create minions with earth and lava with kitten in their face as a mockery.

PS: I know this is the Smelter Demon from DS2 but it was too funny not to put in it.

I don’t think titans could be considered living beings. They act more like elementals. Also if we assume Primordus could corrupt them, and assume the Door of Komalie is now open or weakened, it could mean a very powerful army for Primi and he could easily release them using the underground tunnels he just dug.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

The RoF Bloodstone is – or was – under WM/Mursaat control. So it would be the most notable for Lazarus to go after.

The titans are long gone, given that the Domain of Anguish went under Kormir’s control a long with the rest of the Realm of Torment, and the singular reason why titans were at the Foundry of Failed Creations was because The Fury was making them – and we killed it in GW1.

There’s literally nothing of major interest out of the Door of Komalie – to Lazarus or Primordus at least. The only reason why the mursaat cared about it was because its opening foretold their race’s extinction (which is, mostly, true) but that’s come and gone. It could prove to become a new raid entrance (would be fun, and a good non-main storyplot way for ArenaNet to further tell the story of the Six Gods, Menzies, and Dhuum), but Primordus could have gone after it at any point in the past 200 years – or the portal in the Tomb of the Primeval Kings or in Drascir, if what he wanted was merely a portal to the Mists (only Jormag shows any interests in The Mists, btw). And there’s nothing there for Lazarus unless his ‘virtuous pursuits’ turn out to be ‘kill and replace Kormir’.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Scipio.3204

The titans are long gone, given that the Domain of Anguish went under Kormir’s control a long with the rest of the Realm of Torment, and the singular reason why titans were at the Foundry of Failed Creations was because The Fury was making them – and we killed it in GW1.

A domain being under a God’s control doesn’t mean it’s not hostile, I mean look at UW/FoW. The Fury might be dead , but that doesn’t necessarily mean the creation of the Titans just stopped, someone could have taken over. Also if not, we can’t be sure we wiped out the Titans entirely. Even after the death of the Fury we encountered Titans in the holdout phase of the Mallyx Encounter.

There’s literally nothing of major interest out of the Door of Komalie – to Lazarus or Primordus at least.

But that is my point. Elder Dragons corrupt what they can. We saw Zhaitan corrupt Humans, Charrs, Asuras and everything with flesh and bones. Then there was Mordremorth. He corrupted every plant and used what he could in the warfare against us. I’m not even sure he was able to control anything directly that had flesh & bones. He might have just used some kind of fungus to control the dead bodies of the Itzel, Dinosaur and the like.

And now it looks like the next thing we are going to have is Primordus. Primordus isn’t able to control the living as the previous two as others said, but what about creatures that consist of material he can control? It doesn’t matter if there is one titan, a dozen or a thousand. And titans are unique in that aspect they change based on their enviroment, meaning the only enviroment Primordus might be able to corrupt them is the Fire island chain.

Also another thing. I don’t know how intelligent elder dragons are, but if Primordus knows about the Flameseeker Prophecies and knows how strong the last of the Mursaat has become this might be his chance to hit two fly with one stone, to say. Get the possession of the remaining Titans, and use them against the last remaining Mursaat who recently got a lot of magic. And as far as I know in Guild Wars lore Titans beats Mursaat.

in Lore

Konig Des Todes.2086

A domain being under a God’s control doesn’t mean it’s not hostile, I mean look at UW/FoW. The Fury might be dead , but that doesn’t necessarily mean the creation of the Titans just stopped, someone could have taken over. Also if not, we can’t be sure we wiped out the Titans entirely. Even after the death of the Fury we encountered Titans in the holdout phase of the Mallyx Encounter.

I never said the Realm of Torment isn’t hostile. I said the titans are no longer there, at least in noticeable force, because the source of their creation is gone.

If titans remain, they’d be naturally occurring and likely few in numbers, or be remnants of what the Fury made, which would have been hunted down over the past 250 years (especially during whatever remained of the fight with Mallyx, such as assaulting his ebony citadel).

In either case, it would be both illogical for Lazarus to try to unleash his race’s greatest enemy, and also unlikely to occur because the primary (if not sole) reason for them to be at the Foundry (where the Door led) is gone and has been gone for 250 years.

But that is my point. Elder Dragons corrupt what they can.

However,all Elder Dragons never corrupt souls, which is exactly what the titans technically are – souls that form bodies out of their environment. Primordus could, in practice, corrupt the titans’ body, but he doesn’t do that.

Furthermore, how Primordus corrupts is by creating pools of lava which slowly form destroyers. He doesn’t even corrupt elementals, so even that would be unusual for Primordus.

I don’t know how intelligent elder dragons are, but if Primordus knows about the Flameseeker Prophecies and knows how strong the last of the Mursaat has become this might be his chance to hit two fly with one stone, to say. Get the possession of the remaining Titans, and use them against the last remaining Mursaat who recently got a lot of magic. And as far as I know in Guild Wars lore Titans beats Mursaat.

Elder Dragons know what their minions know, which would make most Elder Dragons highly intelligent, but potentially Primordus the dumbest. There’s no reason he would know of the Flameseeker Prophecies since it was foretold and fulfilled while he slept and never related to him, his location, or his minions.

Dear ANet writers,

in Lore

Randulf.7614

Maybe the dwarves doodled the story on a cave wall and he read it as he passed by?

Interesting point though, I hadn’t thought of him potentially having no access to outside information and world activities like the others would. Potentially the DSD might be the same, since we have no idea if it corrupts living creatures either. And he’s way too far away for a periscope to have much range!