fire island chain/ rytlock/ sohothin

in Lore

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

so i guess our newly form guild is going to fire island chain and guess whos with us? mr. i magically have sohothin himself. what do u guys think will they explain or tackle this question of they gives us the HOT treatment and shrug us lore folks again.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Wow. I hadn’t made that connection… I blame the lurgy I’ve had and generally being busy.

The Ring of Fire’s where Rurik had his second death – I wonder if we’ll see him show up in one fashion or another?

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Lore

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This is the aspect that always confused me about Rytlock having Sohothin.

The idea that a charr might go looking for it and use it doesn’t seem that unusual, especially with the rumor that it can be used to permanently dispel the Foefire ghosts. But I could never understand how Rytlock knew where to look.

My understanding is that everything that happened to Rurik after the Shiverpeaks was kept pretty quiet. I’m not even sure many people knew about the Lich, but I thought the only people who knew about Undead Rurik were the ones who encountered him, which in lore was Mhenlo, Devona, Aidan, Cynn, Little Thom, Lina, Eve and Dunham (the henchmen NPCs). It never got talked about afterwards so I assumed they kept it quiet out of respect for him memory.

Which means anyone looking for the sword would have looked in the Northern Shiverpeaks, half a continent away from the actual location. And yet Rytlock managed to find it.

But given how he’s refused to tell anyone until now, and is now refusing to tell anyone what happened to him in the Mists or how he became a Revenant I think it’s unlikely he will suddenly open up and tell us the whole story. We might get some hints, but no more than that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Lore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I guess it depends whether this is one of those examples, like the floating castle in Kessex, where the strength of the mystery outweighs the need to reveal.

Im not 100% certain it is in this case, but it could be why they dont want to tell the story

in Lore

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

last i rem. undead rurik still wield sohothin when we the heroes fought him in fire island.

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

We can’t be sure that it was Sohothin that Rurik had in the Ring of Fire – it could have been a run of the mill Fiery Dragon Sword. After all, Sohothin is meant for the royalty of Ascalon, and with being exiled Adelbern may have taken it back. Further, Logan repeatedly claims Rytlock got the sword from Ascalon.

I also want to say there was a comment once somewhere that Rytlock wasn’t the one to recover Sohothin but got it from someone that he killed. But this may be me misremembering.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i didnt even think about that line, but i do rem. logan said that. and i was thinking he said looted from ascalonian, u know mocking a charr for having a human weapon. well i guess i got hype for nothing

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

He talks about it in both EoD and in the PS, and he says from Ascalon, not from an Ascalonian.

They do need to answer that question sooner rather than later. At the current rate we’ll be in 2022 before we learn about how Rytlock got Sohothin.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I’m sure I recall Rytlock telling us that the sword “came into his care” just before attempting the ghost-purging ritual. I’ve sort of interpreted that as “somebody found it and brought it back to Ascalon”.

Also, he got it back after he dove into that Mists portal. So he’s “acquired” it twice now.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Lore

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

https://youtu.be/5Vrrnau60_c?t=3607 WP seems to think what i just thought :P

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in Lore

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Further, Logan repeatedly claims Rytlock got the sword from Ascalon.

Well since it was an ascalonian royal sword, wouldnt the most likely assumuption that Rytlock found it in the ruins of Ascalon. I mean would Logan know it left Ascalon with Rurik?

in Lore

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’m sure I recall Rytlock telling us that the sword “came into his care” just before attempting the ghost-purging ritual. I’ve sort of interpreted that as “somebody found it and brought it back to Ascalon”.

Also, he got it back after he dove into that Mists portal. So he’s “acquired” it twice now.

Actually…this may be the answer right here. Maybe the sword itself traveled back to Ascalon, by its own magic? I mean we see it dive directly into the Mists in that story instance, so it’s very possible the sword itself returned to its rightful lands, waiting for the one who it deemed worthy to use it…why it chose Rytlock is anybody’s guess though. :p

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Lore

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Actually…this may be the answer right here. Maybe the sword itself traveled back to Ascalon, by its own magic? I mean we see it dive directly into the Mists in that story instance, so it’s very possible the sword itself returned to its rightful lands, waiting for the one who it deemed worthy to use it…why it chose Rytlock is anybody’s guess though. :p

True.

Well, now that [REDACTED] has to go back to [REDACTED] and account for [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], some answers may be forthcoming.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server