new to the lore of tyria

new to the lore of tyria

in Lore

Posted by: Dormitrius.7635

Dormitrius.7635

Hi i have played gw2 over 1000 hours now but never got into the lore of gw2,i have never played gw but plan to buy it but can someone please make a quick summary of the most important and basic lore

new to the lore of tyria

in Lore

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

new to the lore of tyria

in Lore

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

If you’re going to play GW1, why ruin the story?

When you play GW1, do this order:
Prophecies > Factions > Nightfall > EotN > WiK >HotN >WoC

Certain things in Factions won’t make as much sense if you didn’t play Prophecies first, and similarly with Nightfall.

EotN and the GW:B content are all concerning events which have consequences for GW2.

new to the lore of tyria

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There’s actually very little in relation between Prophecies and Factions – mainly comments from Mhenlo, Cynn, Devona, Eve, and Aidan which are few.

If you want to learn up on lore before playing through the game, I’d restrict myself to these links:

Anything else is likely to give you spoilers – for what GW2 doesn’t already spoil at least. After playing through the main plot, and done all side quests you care to do, I’d go through these links:

Again, these will spoil the main plot and even side-plot lore reveals, but once you read through those, you’d have pretty much 90-95% of all GW1 lore read.

Then for GW2 lore (which can spoil GW1 plot):

And once you’ve read all the links in those, you’d pretty much know most of the in-game lore. Unfortunately, there’s no summary for the Personal Story up anywhere, so for any that you don’t intend to do in-game, you’d have to read the dialogue of the individual steps (I’d suggest the same for season 1, reading up dialogue of events etc. rather than the summary, but that stuff is currently scattered amongst dozens of location or event articles – only The Lost Shores has compiled dialogue articles).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.