ok how about eating habits of races

in Lore

Posted by: Xaton.1902

Xaton.1902

i mean we know tengu can be omnivore. human same asura not sure.

but of charr i mean we see yes pur emeat and stuff but would they be capable of being omnivore. like how meat eater sees vegitarian XD i mean you drink wine ale and stuff and thats product of plants. hops and grapes. so they can process plants as food in some form. just that it may be taboo. and prefer meat. or some charr can stomach it. i mean chili has forms of spices which are plants. the peace talks you talk to the cook and well rabbit on stick wakitten for the charr and not so for the humans XD. and shrimp scampi[ or thunder shrimp] got them sick which could be two things the vegi oil. or fact shrimp wasnt fixed properly XD or they ate to much body couldnt process. or didnt say they actualy yacked or got sick. but didnt like it.

in Lore

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

They may be able to spice their meat up with vegetables, but I think they are primarily carnivore. And they may be able to handle some vegatables, but their habits indicate that their bodily system is geared towards digesting meat.

in Lore

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Looking at charr’s teeth, yeah, I’m pretty sure they are primarily carnivore, like cats.
That doesn’t mean that eating vegetables would kill them, just that not eating meat would. I mean, as humans, we can chose not to eat meat, but I don’t think the charr can.
You see, dry cat food is made of corn and/or soybean, too, not only fat, meat and bones (though they must have high levels of animal protein). Cat food of better quality also contains other vegetables, like carrots and spinach. This is a very simplistic explanation, there is a lot more in cat food, of course. The point is just that even animals that are primarily carnivorous can eat vegetables.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Looking at charr’s teeth, yeah, I’m pretty sure they are primarily carnivore, like cats.
That doesn’t mean that eating vegetables would kill them, just that not eating meat would. I mean, as humans, we can chose not to eat meat, but I don’t think the charr can.
You see, dry cat food is made of corn and/or soybean, too, not only fat, meat and bones (though they must have high levels of animal protein). Cat food of better quality also contains other vegetables, like carrots and spinach. This is a very simplistic explanation, there is a lot more in cat food, of course. The point is just that even animals that are primarily carnivorous can eat vegetables.

My brazilian aunt would even feed her dogs with only with rice and vegetables on fridays. She was a devout catholic. The dogs seemed to be fine with it. :P

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Xaton.1902

so i guess the shrimp scampy in the peace talks was due to under cooked shrimp XD lol maybe its like if train you rself to eat it. like how as a kid you wouldnt eat carrots and stuff and then older you eat them. but eating large amount with out working up to it gets you sick. like monazuma revenge when you drink water in mexico that isnt bottled. [least for one in USA its due to body not used to the purity of that water or lack of purity] and so on.

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

My brazilian aunt would even feed her dogs with only with rice and vegetables on fridays. She was a devout catholic. The dogs seemed to be fine with it. :P

disclaimer: not all brazilians feed rice to their dogs. we have dog food.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Lore

Gabby.3205

Just one thing that is completely off topic but I think I should mention, just in case:
It won’t kill your dog to feed him/her with vegetarian food only(you can find this kind of dog food in the market), though it is not the best thing for him/her, but it will kill your cat.

Dogs were domesticated some thousand years before cats and they adapted to our habits, since they used to eat our leftovers (and, well, some still do), therefore we can
say that they are omnivores. Cats need meat. That’s not something optional.

Anyway, when in doubt, ask your vet about the best food for your pets, and refrain from giving them leftovers. We usually put way more salt in our food that we think, and this might be lethal to your pet.

And, as we know, some charr really like apples x)

Tarnished Coast

in Lore

Xaton.1902

which charr is this that likes apples? this would prove omnivore but prefers meat.

in Lore

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Tybalt, the Order of Whispers mentor

in Lore

Gabby.3205

which charr is this that likes apples? this would prove omnivore but prefers meat.

I was just kidding, but that’s Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw, mentor of the Order of Whispers.
I don’t know if he actually likes to eat apples, though. Maybe it is just a word that he likes to say a lot.

Tarnished Coast

in Lore

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

I was just kidding, but that’s Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw, mentor of the Order of Whispers.
I don’t know if he actually likes to eat apples, though. Maybe it is just a word that he likes to say a lot.

He seems to be particularly fond of human apples ^^.

in Lore

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

disclaimer: I didn’t say this was the norm, my aunt just was a little bit on the crazy side. She also believed you could cure a fever with prayers.
The rest of the brazilian part of my family is luckily not coocoo for cocopuffs Jesus.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Lore

Posted by: Ludovicus.7980

Ludovicus.7980

For me it is pretty obvious that all the races are able to eat all kind of dishes. My cook is a Charr engineer and even though he’s particularly fond of meat, he’s able to eat salad, bread and vegetable stews. They’re not just as tasty to him.

The glory of my ancestors shall be restored.