orrians in fireheart?

orrians in fireheart?

in Lore

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

so i was wrapping my world completion (which i keep delaying over and over and still haven’t finished) in fireheart rise, when i stumbled upon an event. basically a bunch of mesmer illusions had spawned and were killing stuff. i caught the event halfway through, but what i thought was interesting was the name given to them, specifically linking them to orr. there’s even a risen knight later on.

anyone care to explain to me what’s going on there? the info laying around didn’t explain anything, only that the two dead agents were carrying weapons. there was no dialogue post-event either, as there were no living NPCs around.

Attachments:

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

orrians in fireheart?

in Lore

Posted by: Aaron Ansari.1604

Aaron Ansari.1604

Interesting… I believe it may be a link to the personal story. One of the pre-Orr storylines has you dealing with a risen mesmer impersonating a pact officer. You find the real officer’s corpse at the same location at which you discovered this event.

R.I.P., Old Man of Auld Red Wharf. Gone but never forgotten.

orrians in fireheart?

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

Interesting… I believe it may be a link to the personal story. One of the pre-Orr storylines has you dealing with a risen mesmer impersonating a pact officer. You find the real officer’s corpse at the same location at which you discovered this event.

didn’t know about that, interesting. far as i knew, fireheart was the most isolated place in the game, with absolutely no story missions going anywhere close to it :P

wouldn’t be the first event that references something from the personal story either.

orrians in fireheart?

in Lore

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

The Priory were in the area looking for Dwarven artifacts. If memory serves though, that was a Order of Whispers camp. It was quite mysterious. I certainly havent figured out what was happening their though I do remember the Dynamic event.

orrians in fireheart?

in Lore

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’s as Aaron said.

There’s a handful of events related to the personal story – a Sons of Svanir Dredgehaunt Cliffs event where they seek revenge for the guy killed in the Durmand Priory lvl 38 or w/e personal storyline. A Risen Captain who you kill for revenge on -insert your order’s mentor here-. And these Risen in Fireheart Rise.

As far as I know, they can only be triggered by players having done those specific personal story steps.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

orrians in fireheart?

in Lore

BrunoBRS.5178

The Priory were in the area looking for Dwarven artifacts. If memory serves though, that was a Order of Whispers camp. It was quite mysterious. I certainly havent figured out what was happening their though I do remember the Dynamic event.

yeah, it’s a whispers camp (or was before they died). there’s a journal that makes mention of a weapons cache, and a destroyed barrel with traces that indicate weapons were stored in it.

orrians in fireheart?

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

It’s as Aaron said.

There’s a handful of events related to the personal story – a Sons of Svanir Dredgehaunt Cliffs event where they seek revenge for the guy killed in the Durmand Priory lvl 38 or w/e personal storyline. A Risen Captain who you kill for revenge on -insert your order’s mentor here-. And these Risen in Fireheart Rise.

As far as I know, they can only be triggered by players having done those specific personal story steps.

Furthermore, unlike the other examples Konig gives, if you take that branch in the personal storyline, you HAVE to trigger those events in order to progress… but you don’t have to complete them.

That is the long and the short of it, though – it’s related to a personal story segment involving a mesmer that infiltrated, and is looking to bring down, the Pact.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

orrians in fireheart?

in Lore

Posted by: Tikky.6231

Tikky.6231

I remember that (a bit). Goodness did that ever mess with me. I had just done the instanced part, and when i got out, BAM! Right in the middle of this. Got killed quite a bit in the story, and/or the event, not sure which, or both. That’s what i remember the most. Did not like that part, at the time (it was with my 1st character), and didn’t take that path since. I’ve got some characters coming up… maybe i should check it out again. And bring lots of change for WP fees. That story arc is all over the place.

orrians in fireheart?

in Lore

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Yeah, the ‘all over the place’ is what turned me off it. You’re in Maelstrom, then you have to go up to Fireheart, then back to Maelstrom… and to add insult to injury, this is right before the gates to Fort Trinity get activated to make such traveling around much more convenient.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

orrians in fireheart?

in Lore

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

It’s all over the place to disguise the fact that you actually get to partake in a very small number of story quests and they need to get you across as much of the map as possible >.>.