secret war (mursaat vs seer)

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

it says that in war for kryta the shining blade used seer magic to help in their fight against the white mantle and mursaat, could this mean that the seer are still around and are growing in power (this was 250 years ago or so) or something as simple as player characters had gained the seer defensive enchantments and thats all?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I think it is referring to whatever that Asura buff did during Battle For Lion’s Arch. (Unfortunately it did next to nothing mechanic-wise…)

in Lore

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

They’re probably around, hiding. In WiK, I think the Asura were almost driving them to extinction in order to get the spectral essences, but that’s possibly wrong.

in Lore

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

All we know is the image of a seer sitting on a table with essence streaming out of it, and into a crystal. We have no idea if this was voluntary, or if it was merely an act of savagery hunting them down. I highly doubt, though, that the shining blade would allow the asura to hunt them down after they were helped by them in the southern shiverpeaks.

in Lore

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

yes but the essence that was used to make infused armor came from the eilodons or whatever not the seers

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

But the Seers had infused themselves with protection against specral agony, therefore perhaps they were draining the infusion from them.

in Lore

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

The essences were only utilized by the seers to make a ward against the agony, therefore it stands to say they still needed their own powers to fuse with the essence and the goo we saw coming out of the dead seer was probably being harvested as an ingredient for the formula. Considering how asura are though, I wouldn’t put it past one to “stumble across” a dead seer in the jungle.

“Hey guys look what I found, good luck for us eh?” <hides the bloody knife behind his back>

that kind of thing. From the vague background we have been given on Seers, I think that they are a dead race much like the dwarves, while they still exist in small numbers, their race is for all practical purposes, extinct (or if you really insist, on the endangered species list).

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Lore

Narcemus.1348

Do we know that the seer was dead? I mean unless someone said otherwise it could honestly have been just laying on the table giving up the essence knowing that it could lead to the end of the mursaat forever.